Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

If we had a Roadfood convention ...

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 121 to 150 of 173
i95

• Total Posts: 2500
RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Thu, 10/23/03 7:15 AM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Mayhaw Man

Not that anyone asked me but I live just across the lake, have a place in the Quarter and if I have to jump out of a cake to get invited, well........ok

It will need to be a Doberge Cake (1/2 lemon and 1/2 chocolate) from Gambino's and getting one that I can fit in might be a problem, as I am 6'1", but I am sure that they would be up to the task if given some advance notice.

I yield to the gentleman from the great state of Louisiana (sorry, RT).

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
    RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Thu, 10/23/03 1:29 PM (permalink)
    I guess there's no harm in having TWO cakes...

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Thu, 10/23/03 2:53 PM (permalink)
      You go, girl !!!!

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
        RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Thu, 10/23/03 5:25 PM (permalink)
        Sorry i-95, you can't defer, you're committed under text contract now. If you will all note, I said "Roadfood Roadhouse Revue" That means more than one, more than two, that means several victims...errrrrrrrrr several pulchritudnous male bodies. I have declared conscription is allowed for this endeavor, so ladies, start draggin' 'em in for rehearsal. And a one and a two....push that tush....More fanny please......NO YOU CAN'T HAVE A CHEESESTEAK SANWHICH HANGIN' OUT OF YOUR MOUTH WHILST BUMPING AND GRINDING

sheesh

men

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
          RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Thu, 10/23/03 5:36 PM (permalink)
          I live on the beach. Would you like to hold the convention at my house? There's plenty of sand for a proper clambake.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Fri, 10/24/03 7:55 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by redtressed

Sorry i-95, you can't defer, you're committed under text contract now. If you will all note, I said "Roadfood Roadhouse Revue" That means more than one, more than two, that means several victims...errrrrrrrrr several pulchritudnous male bodies. I have declared conscription is allowed for this endeavor, so ladies, start draggin' 'em in for rehearsal. And a one and a two....push that tush....More fanny please......NO YOU CAN'T HAVE A CHEESESTEAK SANWHICH HANGIN' OUT OF YOUR MOUTH WHILST BUMPING AND GRINDING

sheesh

men

Done. It's been a while but I'm sure both Mayhaw Man and I could go into our respective attics and locate our fake cop, tear-away pants and reunite for a bump-and-grind revue. (BTW, I'm "Grind." He's "Bump.") In the early 80's (to the tunes of girl groups like Bananarama and the Pandoras, of course) we were quite the hit at least in the midwest where our roadshow was labeled by the Dubuque Telegraph Herald as "a Bob Hope and Bing Crosby roadshow gone terribly wrong."

We're there. We'll take one for the RoadFood team. And, above all ladies, and in addition to the joint's two-drink-minimum, tonight's dancers all the way from "Lapland" appreciate your generous tips!

We're here all week, ladies.

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Fri, 10/24/03 11:26 PM (permalink)
              Wow...the Pandora's. I can't believe you remember them. Gwen shoots my boyfriend dirty looks every time we see her at a club! But I still love that they covered "Look on Up" from "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls".

Mayhaw Man

• Total Posts: 589
                RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Fri, 10/24/03 11:50 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by i95

quote:

sheesh

men

Done. It's been a while but I'm sure both Mayhaw Man and I could go into our respective attics and locate our fake cop, tear-away pants and reunite for a bump-and-grind revue. (BTW, I'm "Grind." He's "Bump.") In the early 80's (to the tunes of girl groups like Bananarama and the Pandoras, of course) we were quite the hit at least in the midwest where our roadshow was labeled by the Dubuque Telegraph Herald as "a Bob Hope and Bing Crosby roadshow gone terribly wrong."

We're there. We'll take one for the RoadFood team. And, above all ladies, and in addition to the joint's two-drink-minimum, tonight's dancers all the way from "Lapland" appreciate your generous tips!

Is it possible we could set this stage revue to a nice combo of the Ramones, The Sex Pistols, and Sun Ra. It could be a lively collection of show tunes from days gone by. I don't know from "Bananarama". I think I must have missed them while I was out in "the back" of the bar (an accurate and basically true description of my life in the early eighties in New Orleans. As many people say on Bio.....Would I do it all over again the same way?....Oh hell yeah!, except I would pay my bar tabs on time and take more of Carters Little Liver Pills)

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sat, 10/25/03 3:52 AM (permalink)
                  The Sex Pistols hmmm???

BLT (Sung to the tune of EMI)

There's an unlimited supply
                  and there is no reason why
                  I tell you it was all a boast
                  They'll only make it on white toast

BLT

And you thought that we were fakin'
                  that it was not really bacon
                  You do not believe it's for real
                  Such a sandwich has appeal

BLT

(I can't sleep tonight ) Tune in next time for "Carbonara not glue"

hilldweller

• Total Posts: 168
                    RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sat, 10/25/03 3:13 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by i95
                    to the tunes of girl groups like Bananarama and the Pandoras

How about the Go-Go's and the Bangles? I was in love (well, not really) with the lead singer of the Bangles.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sat, 10/25/03 9:14 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by EliseT

Wow...the Pandora's. I can't believe you remember them. Gwen shoots my boyfriend dirty looks every time we see her at a club! But I still love that they covered "Look on Up" from "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls".

So nobody's yet hip that "i95" and Russ Meyer have never been seen together at the same time in the same place?? My cover remains! BTW, the Pandoras ROCKED !!!!! I still will turn it up to "level 11" (sorry, Nigel) for "That's Your Way Out." Rest well, Paula Pierce.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sat, 10/25/03 9:25 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by Mayhaw Man

quote:
                        Originally posted by i95

quote:

sheesh

men

Is it possible we could set this stage revue to a nice combo of the Ramones, The Sex Pistols, and Sun Ra. It could be a lively collection of show tunes from days gone by. I don't know from "Bananarama". I think I must have missed them while I was out in "the back" of the bar (an accurate and basically true description of my life in the early eighties in New Orleans. As many people say on Bio.....Would I do it all over again the same way?....Oh hell yeah!, except I would pay my bar tabs on time and take more of Carters Little Liver Pills)

If we're not going the boy (versus girl) power pop route than how about Detroit's Romantics? We could even do the tear-away red leather suit thing from their debut LP or we could do the pink leather suits from "Strictly Personal" or maybe even the black leather suits from "In Heat." Please advise.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sat, 10/25/03 9:29 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by hilldweller

quote:
                          Originally posted by i95

How about the Go-Go's and the Bangles? I was in love (well, not really) with the lead singer of the Bangles.

Ahhhh, Susannah Hoffs...the "good girl" in the pre-grrrl movement. (BTW, is it simply a coincidence that the Bangles just released CD is titled "Doll Revolution" and that I may or may not be Russ Meyers -- famed director of "Valley of the Dolls"? I think not.)

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
                            RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sun, 10/26/03 8:59 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            [How about the Go-Go's and the Bangles? I was in love (well, not really) with the lead singer of the Bangles.

Ahhhh, Susannah Hoffs...the "good girl" in the pre-grrrl movement. (BTW, is it simply a coincidence that the Bangles just released CD is titled "Doll Revolution" and that I may or may not be Russ Meyers -- famed director of "Valley of the Dolls"? I think not.)

I hear Joan Jett may be available.

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sun, 10/26/03 1:51 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by i95

quote:

quote:
                              Originally posted by i95

Well, one of the bangles was dating Jeff McDonald of Redd Kross throughout the 80s and he was obsessed with that movie! Of course, there's always the original "Valley of the Dolls" an equally campy movie ("I'm Neely O'Hara! The whole Woooorld LOVES me!!!" "Sparkle, Neely, sparkle!!!").

Spudnut

• Total Posts: 655
                                RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Sun, 10/26/03 10:09 PM (permalink)
                                quote:

quote:
                                Originally posted by i95

quote:

quote:
                                Originally posted by i95

Well, one of the bangles was dating Jeff McDonald of Redd Kross throughout the 80s and he was obsessed with that movie! Of course, there's always the original "Valley of the Dolls" an equally campy movie ("I'm Neely O'Hara! The whole Woooorld LOVES me!!!" "Sparkle, Neely, sparkle!!!").

I have nothing to add. I just wanted to see Susannah Hoffs' photo again....

hilldweller

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Mon, 10/27/03 11:13 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by Phil J.

quote:

quote:
                                  Originally posted by i95

quote:

quote:
                                  Originally posted by i95

I have nothing to add. I just wanted to see Susannah Hoffs' photo again....

Six Susannahs in a row!

Isn't she just dreamy???!!!!

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 2:05 AM (permalink)
                                    quote:

sheesh

men

Sorry, I must stop Susannah. She is starting to hypnotize me into tilting my chin downward, looking up coquettishly and spinning around in slow motion.

....Ahem.... of course the Roadfood Revue guys can't eat hoagies while dancing because all us Roadfood gals would only be thinking, "My, what a big sandwich he has!"

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 2:11 AM (permalink)
                                      So, apropos of nothing...I'll be in New Orleans next week checking out wedding sites. It doesn't leave me enough time to eat, but I'll try. I do have brunch reservations at Commander's. I'm going to check out Acme as a rehearsal dinner spot (since my beloved Felix's charges 500 bucks for the private room and has been really rude to us on the phone). I also want to hit the Praline Connection and the Gumbo Pot. We may not make it to Uglesich's (sadly), but you never know...

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6219
                                        RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 2:38 AM (permalink)
                                        Elise.........you HAVE to go to Uglesich's! You'll be there during the week! And in the afternoon! The only time those goobers are open! GO!

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 8:39 AM (permalink)
                                          quote:

So, apropos of nothing...I'll be in New Orleans next week checking out wedding sites. It doesn't leave me enough time to eat, but I'll try. I do have brunch reservations at Commander's. I'm going to check out Acme as a rehearsal dinner spot (since my beloved Felix's charges 500 bucks for the private room and has been really rude to us on the phone). I also want to hit the Praline Connection and the Gumbo Pot. We may not make it to Uglesich's (sadly), but you never know...

EliseT:

Just wanted to give you props for so ably making the segue from the less-than-sacred male strippers / Susannah Hoffs / Pandoras thread to the more sacred thread of a sacramental union all while talking about, of course, eats. Again, you go, girl !!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
                                            • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 8:56 AM (permalink)
                                            Ok, I know I'm not the moderator. But I've been chastized before for trashing chains and franchises and being told that I'm deviating from the topic even though I actually wasn't...However now I'm trying to figure out what the **&%$*$ does SUSANNAH HOFFS have to do with Roadfood

By the way....I'm not being mean spirited (Hear that "LIKETOEAT!)

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 9:37 AM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by wanderingjew

Ok, I know I'm not the moderator. But I've been chastized before for trashing chains and franchises and being told that I'm deviating from the topic even though I actually wasn't...However now I'm trying to figure out what the **&%$*$ does SUSANNAH HOFFS have to do with Roadfood

Quite simply:

Susannah Hoffs = Scrumptious
                                              Rood Food = Scrumptious

Therefore, Susannah Hoffs is damn hot.

(Am I the only one here capable of such logical progression?)

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 9:46 AM (permalink)
                                                Go to my old neck of the woods (Long Island) there are plenty of Susannah Hoffs lookalikes She doesn't do much for me (she's too short!) I'd rather have a bowl of Matzoh Ball Soup and a Pastrami and Corned Beef on Rye!

Liketoeat

• Total Posts: 552
                                                  RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 10:43 AM (permalink)
                                                  You are certainly correct, wanderingjew; there is damn little about which we agree, but I do happen to agree with your posts re the Susannah pictures. In my opinion, one would have been fine, but I do happen to think that six were a bit of overkill. Everyone to his own opinion, though.

hilldweller

• Location: Staten Island, NYC, NY
                                                    RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 10:52 AM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by wanderingjew...However now I'm trying to figure out what the **&%$*$ does SUSANNAH HOFFS have to do with Roadfood

If we had a Roadfood convention ... > "Roadfood Roadhouse Revue" > bump-and-grind revue > to the tunes of girl groups like Bananarama and the Pandoras, of course > Go-Go's and the Bangles > I was in love (well, not really) with the lead singer of the Bangles.

=

Susannah Hoffs

Isn't she dreamy? (I'll restrain myself from "requoting" the picture!)

Since I'm from Merrick, Long Island also maybe she represented all of the unattainable babes. I didn't realize the Long Island connection 'till now.

Actually, it doesn't sound like she's from LI.
                                                    quote:
                                                    1959 Susanna Hoffs was born in Los Angeles, California.
                                                    1981 Formation of the Bangles.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 11:16 AM (permalink)
                                                      quote:

Go to my old neck of the woods (Long Island) there are plenty of Susannah Hoffs lookalikes She doesn't do much for me (she's too short!) I'd rather have a bowl of Matzoh Ball Soup and a Pastrami and Corned Beef on Rye!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

"Paging Libido. Libido, please.
                                                      Your former owners wanderingjew and liketoeat are looking for you."

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                        RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 11:18 AM (permalink)
                                                        quote:

quote:
                                                        Originally posted by wanderingjew...However now I'm trying to figure out what the **&%$*$ does SUSANNAH HOFFS have to do with Roadfood

If we had a Roadfood convention ... > "Roadfood Roadhouse Revue" > bump-and-grind revue > to the tunes of girl groups like Bananarama and the Pandoras, of course > Go-Go's and the Bangles > I was in love (well, not really) with the lead singer of the Bangles.

=

Susannah Hoffs

Isn't she dreamy? (I'll restrain myself from "requoting" the picture!)

Since I'm from Merrick, Long Island also maybe she represented all of the unattainable babes. I didn't realize the Long Island connection 'till now.

Actually, it doesn't sound like she's from LI.
                                                        quote:
                                                        1959 Susanna Hoffs was born in Los Angeles, California.
                                                        1981 Formation of the Bangles.

I wasn't refering to her being from Long Island I know she's from LA, I was referring to the ethnic makeup of Long Island and specifically Merrick. When I was living in Seattle, Courtney Love was considered a goddess there. Different strokes for different folks! Oh, and I'm glad that Liketoeat responded!

hilldweller

• Location: Staten Island, NYC, NY
                                                          RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 11:33 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by i95

quote:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I wanted to say something but I didn't know how to diplomatically say that I couldn't imagine anyone choosing Matzoh Ball Soup and a Pastrami and Corned Beef on Rye over Susannah Hoffs!
                                                          Different strokes for different folks fer shure!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                            RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 11:43 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:

quote:
                                                            Originally posted by i95

quote:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I wanted to say something but I didn't know how to diplomatically say that I couldn't imagine anyone choosing Matzoh Ball Soup and a Pastrami and Corned Beef on Rye over Susannah Hoffs!
                                                            Different strokes for different folks fer shure!

Just give me Cindy Crawford anyday..I'll permanently give up food!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 121 to 150 of 173

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com