Information for stops in Kansas, NM, Arizona and California

Author
boda47
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2009/09/13 20:59:31 (permalink)

Information for stops in Kansas, NM, Arizona and California

Leaving this Friday from Springfield, IL for the coast (Santa Monica), first stop /Topeka, KS then through Strong City, KS (National Tall Grass Prarie) Chase Co.  to second stop Liberal, KS.
Then 10 hours to Flagstaff, AZ for the night and on to the Pacific Ocean.  I have been following the great reports in this forum and have decided on an early dinner at Oklahoma Joe's, my favorite Arthur Bryants will wait until we return.  I have not seen anything on Liberal, KS.  In Albuquerque, I will have to stop at Little Annie's for a cheese enchilada.  Flagstaff I don't know anything about.   Any help will be appreciated.

3 Replies Related Threads

zataar
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1440
    Re:Information for stops in Kansas, NM, Arizona and California 2009/09/14 09:11:38 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood!

Here is a good place to start for Kansas information. 
    http://www.kansastravel.o...astravelblog/index.htm

Also, the Where Should I Eat forum might get you some good recommendations. That's the first forum I go to when I visit Roadfood.

You'll like Oklahoma Joe's!
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 983
    Re:Information for stops in Kansas, NM, Arizona and California 2009/09/21 10:33:25 (permalink)
    If you're in Topeka at lunchtime, stop at Porubsky's - you can only get the chili monday through thursday - other days, go with the cold plate.

Also, Tacos el Mexicano on California Street right off 470 has great real Mexican food- they serve breakfast, lunch & dinner.  Tell Armando & Veronica, the owners, that Marty sent you.
    NMBullRdr
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:Information for stops in Kansas, NM, Arizona and California 2009/09/23 10:47:34 (permalink)
    What day and time are you going to be in ABQ? 

For breakfast or lunch, try Duran's Pharmacy on Central by Old Town.  Take the Rio Grande exit of I-40 heading south.  Turn left (east) on to Central.  The road will fork and take the right fork and Duran's is up on the left.  Excellent authentic New Mexican food.  If you are going to be there around dinner time, try Duran's Firestation on Menaul (west of the mall, past San Mateo on the north side of the road). 

For lunch or dinner, try La Salita north of I-40 off Eubank. 

Also off Eubank is the Owl Cafe, really good green chile cheeseburgers.

If feeling adventuresome, try going to The Frontier on Central across from the University of New Mexico.  Great food and people watching. 

And the state fair just named their first ever Grand Champion green chile cheeseburger, a place in Grants, NM won, Badland Burgers.  Might want to give them a try.

Enjoy!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1