International candy

Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
2007/01/16 17:33:05 (permalink)

International candy

Thanks to faboyster, I looked up the following site:
It has candies from both the request on "wine candy" and "Italian wedding candy"

www.artisansweets.com/

It's got a GREAT section on "artisinal" candies by ingredients and by country. It was great fun to browse candies from Italy, Belgium, USA, Indonesia, Greece, even Africa.

Here's some cool stuff from South Africa: Breatmints with flavors Gasp (chilli lime), Blow (anise-fennel-coriander-cardomon), Snog (Strawberry pepper)and Exhale (Cinnamon-orange-ginger)!

Has anyone had some neat candies from other countries?

1 Reply Related Threads

cybele
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 74
    RE: International candy 2007/01/17 01:11:38 (permalink)
    I love Japanese consumer candies. They seem to have a fondness for the flavors: cola, ramune (kind of lemon/lime), yogurt, black sugar (like our molasses) and of course chocolate.

I've had quite a few of the ArtisanSweets.com products. The Arnaud Soubeyran nougats are fantastic and the Sweet Botanicals that come in floral and spice flavors (hard candies) are really interesting.

I've enjoyed nougats from all over the world - Australia, Canada, Italy, France and even South Africa. It's all different and all fantastic.

I love finding new stuff and all the different versions that each region and country might have.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1