Introducing Myself

Author
Curb Hopper
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 87
2012/08/31 16:11:07 (permalink)

Introducing Myself

I did not see a section for new member introductions to please excuse me if there is a more appropiate section for this post.

My Name is Kevin.  My wife (Valeri) and I have been in the restaurnat industry all of our lives, I'm 37yo she is a bit younger   I have held just about every position there is in the restaurant and have been at the management level for the past 10 years.  We both have culinary arts educations, hers in the baking and pastry department and I am from the culinary side.  We have worked in both corporate and indy concepts throughout the years, learning many insights along the way.

One personal quality that has worked for me at every new intersection of life is humility.  Regardless of what I have seen, smelled, tasted, or experienced, there has always been something new or different.  I don't ever want to limit myself by thinking that I know everything.  You will find that to be especially true here, on the RoadFood Fourums! 

The time has come for  us to give it our best shot and to go into business for ourselves.  We are both planning on keeping our jobs throughout the build process (hopefully 3 - 6 months).  My wife, the face of the business, would be the first to leave her job since I am the bread winner at the moment.  If all goes well, it would be a dream come true for me to be able to leave my position as well and to be fully self employeed.

We are already moving forward with our plans as we recently (this past Monday 8/27/12) purchased our platform truck.  Our concept is pretty simple, basically a mobile coffee shop with a slight twist.  We will not be serving any of the "normal" street food selections nor will we be outfitting the truck with grills, burners, or steam tables (hopefully this will save us $ and make the build a little easier!).  The vehicle we will be doing business out of is a 1977 Grumman Kurbmaster 16ft bumper to bumper.  I'll surely be posting pics as soon as I can! 

Anyway, since I plan on using the site and sharing experiences I thought it was only appropiate that you knew a little something about me.  We are financially sound, passionate, and know our concept very well......building the truck is a slightly different story! 

Thanks - Kevin and Valeri 

5 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10329
    Re:Introducing Myself 2012/08/31 16:24:08 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood!
    Based on your background and the simplicity of your concept, you should be very successful. As you've probably seen, there's plenty of info on here regarding truck build-outs and plenty of people willing to share their experiences.
    Good luck to both of you!
    Curb Hopper
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re:Introducing Myself 2012/09/02 01:02:11 (permalink)
    Foodbme

Welcome to Roadfood!
    Based on your background and the simplicity of your concept, you should be very successful. As you've probably seen, there's plenty of info on here regarding truck build-outs and plenty of people willing to share their experiences.
    Good luck to both of you!

Hey thanks a lot, thats a great welcome and  really nice of you to say.  Reading through the threads has certainly been helpful.  So much experience is being shared, I can't wait to contribute!

Portland (ME) has just opened the gate for food trucks so we hope to catch a good wave (so to speak) and make a small name for ourselves!

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10329
    Re:Introducing Myself 2012/09/02 01:34:10 (permalink)
    I did not see a section for new member introductions to please excuse me if there is a more appropiate section for this post.
    Like a lot of things on here, "THEY" keep things well hidden. There is an introduce yourself thread but it's under the "Miscellaneous- Off Topic and 'Lighter Fare' ' Forum:
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/NEW-POSTERS-Introduce-yourselves-m68163.aspx
    How "THEY" expect people to find it buried in there is beyond my comprehension.
    IMHO, It should be a separate forum so newbees could find it.

Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3716
    Re:Introducing Myself 2012/09/02 06:57:33 (permalink)
    Welcome to RF. Wow what great experience you both have, a giant plus for your new start. The best of luck.
    jack
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 832
    Re:Introducing Myself 2012/09/02 17:55:03 (permalink)
    welcome to road food how fortunate to have the best of both worlds !Buck
    good luck n your venture and as always keep us posted along the way.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1