Iphone/pad POS system help

Author
Ezra S
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/03/20 05:32:57 (permalink)

Iphone/pad POS system help

Hello All,
I'm new here and have a question that I think more pertains to a hot dog cart rather than a food truck.  I'm looking for a cloud POS solution using iOS for iPads/iPhones that prints receipts and later can take credit cards.  Here's the kicker though.  I need something that can operate with no electricity or Wifi but is able to send information to the cloud regularly through 3G networks.  

I operate a mobile popup cafe based around 2 scooters but we function daily without electricity.  Our lights and music system is powered by their own internal batteries.  Naturally the iPad/Iphone have their own battery and the bluetooth printer is also battery powered.  So I need a system that can operate without a router and routinely sends info back during the day so I don't have to worry if something happens to the device before returning to headquarters to sync.

Is there such a system on the market?  
Thanks in advance!

Ezra S

2 Replies Related Threads

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Iphone/pad POS system help 2013/03/20 09:17:59 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood!

I think your best bet is to go to the nearest Apple Store and explain exactly what you explained here. They are great about helping to figure out if & how things can be done...in-person @ the Apple Store vs. calling and asking questions.

If you make an appointment in-advance they can also determine who might be best to assist you with a specific advanced business situation vs. the usual duh my phone doesn't work or the screen is cracked situations.
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/20 09:23:17
    lcos80
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Iphone/pad POS system help 2013/04/09 14:31:43 (permalink)
    I would not recommend the Iphone store for any business related questions. Check this: 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1