Is my calendar wrong?

Author
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
2004/01/12 22:15:27 (permalink)

Is my calendar wrong?

Is it April Fool's day? Do my eyes decieve me? Is there actually a review of beet and wheatgrass juice on the homepage?

22 Replies Related Threads

Grampy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1559
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/12 22:25:59 (permalink)
    You missed the pineapple on the burger. Still, Roadfood is Roadfood, whatever the gender of the vegetable. It is a fair and equitable site.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/12 22:40:31 (permalink)
    Elise; Dearfolk,
    I'm pregnant.

April Fool!

(Tee-Hee!)

The First One To Celebrate It (As Usual), Fool-You-Once Ort. Carlton in Occasionally-Foolish Athens, Georgia.
    P. S. Really, I'm not pregnant - I'm just fat. But not as fat as I used to be - and still slowly, slowly losing - by design.
    P. P. S. Wheatgrass juice could be Roadfood to certain people, I s'pose. So can pierogis (sp.?). So can livermush (yum).
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/12 23:13:59 (permalink)
    Well, I am certainly not qualified to define Roadfood...I was just surprised...so, when are you due, Ort?
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6648
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/12 23:16:53 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

Elise; Dearfolk,
    I'm pregnant.

April Fool!

(Tee-Hee!)

The First One To Celebrate It (As Usual), Fool-You-Once Ort. Carlton in Occasionally-Foolish Athens, Georgia.
    P. S. Really, I'm not pregnant - I'm just fat. But not as fat as I used to be - and still slowly, slowly losing - by design.
    P. P. S. Wheatgrass juice could be Roadfood to certain people, I s'pose. So can pierogis (sp.?). So can livermush (yum).

Ort. can I be the godmother? I'll make a nice concoction of wheatgrass juice, pierogi and livermush. Yummmmm.
    Cakes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 00:19:04 (permalink)
    Don't forget the lutefisk.

Bass-o-matic

BigGlenn
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 461
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 04:15:49 (permalink)
    My dog goes poo poo on grass that looks just like that is in the photo. But, I am curious as to how it tastes? No, not the poo poo, the wheatgrass juice!
    Michael Stern
    • Total Posts : 1026
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 04:21:48 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by EliseT

Is it April Fool's day? Do my eyes decieve me? Is there actually a review of beet and wheatgrass juice on the homepage?

Hey, we were in La Jolla, baking in the sun, and I was half-delirious from an oncoming flu. That vegetable juice hit the spot ... especially as a chaser for bacon cheeseburgers, onion rings, and chocolate malts. Does this picture help bring you back to Roadfood reality?:

EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 04:38:25 (permalink)
    Oh, that was refreshing!!! Thank you, Michael!!! Actually, the corned beef sandwich on the new review was enough to make my poor, hollowing arteries comfortably snug again.

And I hope you feel better! Lucky you have Jane to take care of you!
    scbuzz
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 844
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 08:20:23 (permalink)
    I thought the same thing !! I had been gone a few days and was not able to get to Roadfood until last night and what did I see, but a Veggie shake !!! Egads, thought I was in another dimension !! Everything turned upside down !! I thought this site had been taken over by a bunch of rogue vegans !!! (can there be any other type of vegans ?) (just kidding about the vegans !! .... ok, well, maybe I'm not)
    Dipstick
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 338
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 08:34:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cakes

Bass-o-matic

Oh no!!!" />

i95 has converted another one! This Lutheran is getting more than he can handle!
    Argent
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 125
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 12:15:30 (permalink)
    Roadfood Reality?
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 12:43:03 (permalink)
    Thanks Michael for that pic of chocolate shake.........we were all getting a little worried yesterday about the beet and wheatgrass thing. It sounded like something out of a Woody Allen movie. ("I'll just have the bowl of mashed yeast.")
    Michael Stern
    • Total Posts : 1026
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 13:40:04 (permalink)
    I guess I have now inadvertently divulged my deepest, darkest (food) secret, that I actually, on occasion, enjoy juiced vegetables. I even own a juicer (but I don't know where it is; probably with the bread-maker, ice-cream machine, and beef jerky dehydrator). I once actually stopped at a juice bar with my meat-eatingest friend and recommended a carrot-beet juice to him. He stopped talking to me for a month.

Red beans and ricely yours,
    M
    Lone Star
    • Total Posts : 1730
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 13:41:08 (permalink)
    My stepson and his ladylove visited recently. They are SO hippies - of the Austin variety. I swear they dress just like we did back in the 70's. Everything is VEGAN, NATURAL, and PEACE MAN. Anyway, they brought me some kind of all-natural wheatgrass vitamin infused with wild-hickory-nut kind of drink. I think it was supposed to put you in a state of peace and harmony. Anyway, it tasted like the drain water in a barrel that sat on the porch at my great-grannys house - with dirt for grit thrown in. I don't see how something that tastes that bad can be good for you at all.

They are really nice kids and have both just graduated from college, but I swear it does make for some lively political discussion with my husband. And my stepson sneaks to our house to eat meat.
    scbuzz
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 844
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 13:45:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lone Star

I think it was supposed to put you in a state of peace and harmony.

Hmmm, never visited that state !! Sounds like there ain't no good roadfood there !!!
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 14:05:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lone Star

My stepson and his ladylove visited recently. They are SO hippies - of the Austin variety. I swear they dress just like we did back in the 70's. Everything is VEGAN, NATURAL, and PEACE MAN. Anyway, they brought me some kind of all-natural wheatgrass vitamin infused with wild-hickory-nut kind of drink. I think it was supposed to put you in a state of peace and harmony. Anyway, it tasted like the drain water in a barrel that sat on the porch at my great-grannys house - with dirt for grit thrown in. I don't see how something that tastes that bad can be good for you at all.

They are really nice kids and have both just graduated from college, but I swear it does make for some lively political discussion with my husband. And my stepson sneaks to our house to eat meat.

Lone Star, that is absolutely HILARIOUS! Next time the 70's kids are there, make some Inspiration Soup. (www.candyboots.com) Rename the stepson's ladylove "Harmonious". They'll all sit around and hold hands and sing KumByYa........and chant....ohhhmmmmmm, ohhhhhmmmmmm. Then you and hubby can go out and get some good Q!
    i95
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 14:36:13 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dipstick

quote:

Bass-o-matic

Oh no!!!" />

i95 has converted another one! This Lutheran is getting more than he can handle!

Just doing the Lord's work, Dipstick.
    Dipstick
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 338
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 14:40:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by i95

quote:
    Originally posted by Dipstick

quote:

Bass-o-matic

Oh no!!!" />

Just doing the Lord's work, Dipstick.

olphart
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 289
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 22:11:45 (permalink)
    My Omega 4000 just arrived yesterday. After a trip to the Fiesta Mart produce section today, I got all the fixin’s for some good roadjuice. I did some apple juice for starters, and even got GF to drink some kale, beet top and parsley juices – all disguised behind a base of carrot and celery juice. Yummers!

Never had wheatgrass because I never had a wheatgrass juicer. But I hear it gives you a energy jolt, kinda like a B-12 shot from what I hear tell. Gotta try it sometime.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15185
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 23:14:41 (permalink)
    .." />..Out goes my travel case of Cran-Grape healthy fruity Juice...IN Comes the New BARF Green Liter sized bottles of "PUCKER" the Sour-Apple Schnapps. No more will I attempt to maintain my mineral and vitamin balance..NO Sir, It is Bright Green Alcohol in a shade that matches what I put into the cooling system of my truck. Hmmm maybe we are finding harmony with the technology that controls us.
    "Pucker"--watching carefully for typos here, comes in a variety of brillant colors and such exotic flavors as Grape, Cherry and Peach. AND Tropical Sweet and Sour (a bright Blue)....Stir that in with you grass clippings and you will enjoy a garden sized hangover in no time.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/13 23:38:57 (permalink)
    quote:

Well, I am certainly not qualified to define Roadfood...I was just surprised...so, when are you due, Ort?

Dearfolk,
    I'm so overdue it's pitiful. I've been like this since 1928, and I wasn't even born yet then.
    Can anyone come up with another excuse or me to be grumpy once a month? My options are running out....
    Bioillogically, Ort.
    P. S. My tongue is so far back into my cheek that we have therein created another entirely new foodstuff....
    P. P. S. Slip the juice to me, Bruce.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Is my calendar wrong? 2004/01/14 06:05:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

quote:

Dearfolk,
    I'm so overdue it's pitiful. I've been like this since 1928, and I wasn't even born yet then.
    Can anyone come up with another excuse or me to be grumpy once a month? My options are running out....
    Bioillogically, Ort.
    P. S. My tongue is so far back into my cheek that we have therein created another entirely new foodstuff....
    P. P. S. Slip the juice to me, Bruce.

What was I thinking? I Orta know better!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1