Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13476
2003/04/16 19:20:12 (permalink)

Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese

A first for me!!. On Cedar Bluff Road in Knoxville, TN, I did lunch at a restaurant that did five different varaties of foood. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Mexican and Italian. I only stopped there because I had a guest and it was there. I expected the worse and it was not that. I had a chimichanga with mexican salad with sour cream and the green stuff. Had their rice which ws like spanish and chips and salsa. I was suprised as it was very good. My questions is: Have any of the Roadfood readers ever been to a plce with some many diverse menu's? They had a separate menue for each venue.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

8 Replies Related Threads

Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/04/16 19:41:08 (permalink)
    Paul; Dearfolk,
    Not to disanswer the question, but to add a bit to it, perhaps.
    Buford Highway in the Chamblee/Doraville area NE of downtown Atlanta must have 500-600 ethnic restaurants in a six-mile stretch: Mexican (from virtually every state of that country), Salvadorean, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Hmong, Laotian, Guatamalean, Hondourean, Haitian, every conceivable style of Chinese, Burmese (the country is now known as Myanmar), most every style of Indian, Sri Lankan, Japanese, Cambodian, African (of many areas), and practically anything else you can - or maybe can't - think of.
    Elsewhere in Metro Atlanta there are all manner of Brasilian, Russian, Slavic, Bulgarian, and even Bosnian eateries. None of this is your standard Roadfood, but instead is something to experience with great joy. We all have a great deal to learn from each other.
    As close as we come here in Athens, Georgia is a former Mexican restaurant run by people from the Indian subcontinent who "changed format" to Indian foods and are now doing a rip-roaring business where before they were slower than high noon in downtown Robinson, Georgia 30661 (and that's SLOW - slower even than waiting for a yard tap to drip!). I have yet to eat there, but I'll report back when I do.
    Ethical But Unethnical (Alas!), Ort. Carlton.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13476
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/04/16 19:50:00 (permalink)
    Ort.Carlton:

The restaurant I reported on was Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Italian and Mexican under one roof.

PFO if I do say so

Paul e. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Danhx
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/04/30 17:27:38 (permalink)
    Ort. Carlton: Have you ever been to the area around Little 5 points and eaten around there? Three places really spring to mind: Tea Space, Cafe Intermezzo and The Imperial Fez (Moroccan, never eaten there but i heard it's incredible...as soon as i get back to GA i'm hittin that place)
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/04/30 23:40:13 (permalink)
    Danhx,
    No, not yet. Right now I'm pretty much confined to Athens due to a recurring cataract that will be operated upon soon. I've gotta do more travelling to keep up my nickname, The Travelling Trencherman... but right now, it's mighty difficult... especially in Atlanta traffic.
    Aiming To Please (Especially While Driving!), Ort. Carlton.
    P. S. Thanks for the tips. I'll eventually follow them up.
    Danhx
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/05/01 10:10:45 (permalink)
    Good luck with the operation. Interestingly enough, my uncle is a semi-retired optometrist in Athens.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/05/01 11:06:17 (permalink)
    Pasquale's in Santa Fe, New Mexico offers New Mexican, French and Chinese. I have only eaten breakfast there, the more eclectic menu is the dinner one. What I have eaten there has been wonderful, usually a blue corn breakfast enchilada, and there is always a line outside.
    kdiammond
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 133
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/05/03 16:45:41 (permalink)
    Never ate in one that had that many cuisines! In the metro Wash DC area we have a little place called Cajun-Bangkok. Thats right -- the owners figured that both Cajun and Thai food have lots of peppery spice and seafood in common. I have eaten there and it is quite good!
    bumper
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 96
    RE: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai and Japanese 2003/05/04 14:33:26 (permalink)
    Paul there is a place in Seiverville that has Chinese,Mexican and Italian in the shopping center where Kroger use to be not really all that great .
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1