Italian Ice Push Cart- Getting into parks and events

Author
larman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/02/15 09:37:43 (permalink)

Italian Ice Push Cart- Getting into parks and events

Hello,
I am planing on getting into the push cart business.  I would like to focus in parks and events.  Can anyone tell me how I can get permission for parks?  Also as far as events go is there any specific advice you could give me?

4 Replies Related Threads

reese77
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re:Italian Ice Push Cart- Getting into parks and events 2012/02/15 11:20:21 (permalink)
    larman

Hello,
    I am planing on getting into the push cart business.  I would like to focus in parks and events.  Can anyone tell me how I can get permission for parks?  Also as far as events go is there any specific advice you could give me?

Are you scooping the Italian Ice to order or do you have individually packed retail product?

I do not know about parks but there is an event that I do every year here in McDonough, GA and there is a guy form NY who sells Italian Ices from his push cart every year. He has a self contained cart with (I assume) dry ice or ice in the bottom and he has these large 5 gallon buckets of Italian Ice that he scoops out into cups. For this festival, you just pay an entry fee and describe your setup and food.

If you have a real cart and not like a wagon with a cooler on it, I think festivals will be no problem. As for parks, I see Mexican guys with frozen treat push carts all the time but they keep it moving, not stationary. Contact the city where the park is located and ask about a permit.
    ice queen
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:Italian Ice Push Cart- Getting into parks and events 2012/02/16 08:26:53 (permalink)
    Hello,
    In general you will have to go through your local health department for a formal inspection.  In VA, the permits are called mobile food permits and allow you to move from place to place (within reason).  When an event comes around you will have to go through an inspection but if you already have the permit, the inspection is usually a lot quicker because they will be familiar with your set-up.  Italian Ice is a lot of fun and people really enjoy it - good luck to you!
    Stephanie
    larman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Italian Ice Push Cart- Getting into parks and events 2012/02/23 09:48:32 (permalink)
    In my county in NY they require a sink etc to serve ices which is ridiculous as there is no dairy in the ice.  Have to rethink my idea.
    ice queen
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:Italian Ice Push Cart- Getting into parks and events 2012/02/23 12:25:30 (permalink)
    Yes, that's pretty standard for handwashing.  Please note that some counties/states do aloud a self-made sink approach which usually involves a 5 gallon container with heated water and a catch bucket.  Good luck!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1