The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

It's Just As Important To Know Where NOT To Eat: Lied to At Cagles Steaks In Lubbock Tx

scrumptiouschef

• Total Posts: 641
It's Just As Important To Know Where NOT To Eat: Lied to At Cagles Steaks In Lubbock Tx Tue, 01/17/12 8:33 PM (permalink)
Travelers Warning:Avoid Cagles Steaks In Lubbock Texas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's 8:30 at night in Lubbock Texas and we're getting a mite hungry. We're in town on business and had done a little research on area restaurants so we had a few names rattling around in our heads.
  We decide to call Cagle's Steaks, a half hour from the house, just to make sure they'd be open before we made the trip.
"Yep, we don't close til 9:30 and do our last seating at 9:15"
Excellent. Me and my two friends pile in the pickup truck and start heading that way.
9pm we walk in the front door.
We wait.And wait.And wait.
Finally I buttonhole a staffer. "We're hungry, do we just seat ourselves?"
"Honey, we're closed"
I maintain my calm and explain that we are the ones that called before we made the 30 minute drive and we would like to eat.
"Let me get a manager"
A man comes out from the back and I explain to him that we are the ones that called before driving a half hour to get to his restaurant and we would like to eat.
"I've sent my cooks home" "there's nobody here who can cook your food"
At this point I feel like busting the place up like Terry Bradshaw and Burt Reynolds in Hooper, but I maintain my calm
"Then why were we told that you would be open til 9:30 pm?"
"I just don't know"
 I'm vividly considering delivering a perfect Stone Cold Stunner  a al Steve Austin to this guy but have no desire to find out what the inside of the Lubbock Jail is like so we depart before things get out of hand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a travelers warning.I've been on Roadfood for years and this is the first one I've ever posted and hopefully will be the last. While I normally only deliver recommendations on where TO eat. In this instance I have to recommend that you DON'T eat, or should I say attempt to eat at Cagles Steaks in Lubbock Texas.
<message edited by scrumptiouschef on Tue, 01/17/12 8:34 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com