The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM !!

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 68
ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM !! Tue, 06/15/10 2:27 AM (permalink)
[Helpful answer received] / [List Solutions Only]
There they are on the VIDEO SCREEN !!   As much as I love Springsteen, this REALLY rocks!!

....great Roadfood Q & A at the Great American Food & Music Fest at the Meadowlands, NJ!  6-13-10

Michael Stern

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 4:25 AM (permalink)
    Also in attendance:

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
      Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 7:25 AM (permalink)
      Was there a hot dog Q&A or discussion?

Tony Bad

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 8:13 AM (permalink)
        Also, also in attendance...

The Broilers from Louis' Lunch!

...and one of Louis' finest. Although this one's appearance was cut short immediately atfer picture was snapped.

Other notable attendee...

It was nice to see you there Ellen, although I never found you again after the rains hit and we came out of hiding. It was a shame the event was hampered by such bad weather. The rain also kept me from taking a lot of pictures as I didn't want to ruin my camera.
        <message edited by Tony Bad on Tue, 06/15/10 8:18 AM>

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4468
          Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 8:29 AM (permalink)
          As always, it is nice to see Ellen out roadfooding.  Who was that tourist in the second picture?

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
            Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 8:44 AM (permalink)
            joerogo

Who was that tourist in the second picture?

A representative from the Gambino family.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 9:19 AM (permalink)
              I often wonder what happened to the guys from "American Bandstand" ??  Now I see that at least one of them has survived to retirement age !!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
                Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 9:37 AM (permalink)
                So after the Fest did everyone go to Stephen's high school graduation?

Brad

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
                  Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 10:15 AM (permalink)
                  Michael Stern

Also in attendance:

It's good to see that they have stopped enforcing that 100 yard rule for you with the kids.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                    Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 10:19 AM (permalink)
                    Looks awesome. Wish I could have been there.

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
                      Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 10:50 AM (permalink)
                      GGGEEEZZZZZZ at first glance I thought that was Ellen to. Then I looked at the photo closer and I didn't see any Pastrami, Corned beef, or Jewish Rye bread.  I bet this Ellen look a like thinks she put one over on us. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to sneak that one by us.............Good try.........Chef BillyB

P.S. Ellen look-a-like, what food item are you holding in that photo ?????? Is it one of your three basic food groups, Meat, More Meat, and Bread ???????

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                        Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 10:55 AM (permalink)
                        Oh Billy, don't you know Ellen?  That, good sir, is a BEEF RIB!  I knew if there was one present, Ellen would be all over it!

Tony Bad

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 11:49 AM (permalink)
                          The Travelin Man

It's good to see that they have stopped enforcing that 100 yard rule for you with the kids.

They assured me those records had been sealed. Rats.

russ2304

• Total Posts: 261
                            Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 12:03 PM (permalink)
                            billyboy

Oh Billy, don't you know Ellen?  That, good sir, is a BEEF RIB!  I knew if there was one present, Ellen would be all over it!

Ellen,Oh My Lovely Ellen !!!!!!! You and your rib look fantastic-----please all info on your new found friend-------------from whence,etc------------looks somewhat like a Daisy Mae----------------------lookin' good as always--------------------------Russ

joerogo

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 12:26 PM (permalink)
                              Nothing says sexy like a cute girl with a huge beef rib in her hand.

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 7:04 PM (permalink)
                                billyboy

You know it, BILLYBOY!!!  You know the REAL Ellen when you see her !!
                                BTW, I ran into  the NYCfoodguy(.com) , while he was doing his report on Louis Lunch burger...
                                Right away, he asked  me if I ever met YOU, cuz he said he was very excited to "meat you" sometime soon!!
                                Of course, I told him you & I had a few meat ups!!

BillyB : You've got my 3 basic food groups (almost) CORRECT !! It's actually MEAT, Meat, and MORE meat !!
                                You don't know what I went thru to snatch that Brontosaurus  Rib from Fred Flintstone

JOEROGO: You are definitely staying on my good side, with cute compliments like that! tnx!

P.S. To all Roadfooders on this thread ....this has been a very entertaining thread !  I am laughing at many of the comments...
                                and enjoying the pics!!  

PPS. More pics coming ...(this thread may just end up turning Jane & Michael into Rock Stars !!)

<message edited by ellen4641 on Tue, 06/15/10 7:06 PM>

Lyds

• Total Posts: 9
                                  Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 8:26 PM (permalink)
                                  I told my kids that Jane and Michael are rock stars for foodies.  They've heard me talk about them for years.  It was so fun meeting everyone and eating, and talking and eating, and waiting for the rain to stop and eating...You get the picture.  I still have some chocolate from Turtle Alley leftover.  Did anyone try the spicy peanut butter cups? Yum!

PS  We're the lurker family in the pictures above.

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 9:39 PM (permalink)
                                    enginecapt

joerogo

Who was that tourist in the second picture?

A representative from the Gambino family.

&  I believe he's still under the Federal Witness Protection program, so it should be ok  to say  it's our Roadfood gang member, Tony "Bad" ....

Jody Thomas

• Total Posts: 12
                                      Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Tue, 06/15/10 10:57 PM (permalink)
                                      Hey Guys.....I read that NJ was great but no one was there because of the storm that hit in the afternoon.  Can anyone tell me anything about it?  Did a little rain really keep some diehard foodies away?   This is my 1st Roadfood event and in case you haven't noticed I'm very exited! (With major GI problems I can't go on any of the Roadfood travels or eat fests!   But I do love reading the travels.   I really hope to meet Jane and Michael up close and personal as I already feel I know them!  If you see someone at Foxboro pushing a woman in a wheelchair (mom) and a 10 y.o. either complaining or with lucj having fun (and her 30 y.o. mother) that will be me/us!  Please say hello to me,  A part of me feels like an outsider as IO have not been able to go on any of the wonderful food tours!   Altho I look like I eat all the time!   It will be my mother's 78th birthday and for the last month she spent more time in the hospital....not my cooking, I'm pretty good.  So please say hello to us!  It will/should especially make it even more fun for the 10 y.o who I am trying to turn in to a foodie.  She is nuts about Paula and wants Duff to bake her a cake!   See you on the 26th!!!

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 12:23 AM (permalink)
                                        Jody Thomas

Hey Guys.....I read that NJ was great but no one was there because of the storm that hit in the afternoon.  Can anyone tell me anything about it?  Did a little rain really keep some diehard foodies away?     I really hope to meet Jane and Michael up close and personal .   A part of me feels like an outsider as I have not been able to go on any of the wonderful food tours! 

Hi Jody,
                                        FIRST OFF,  is the fact that once you meet JANE & MICHAEL , you will NEVER ever again feel like an OUTSIDER!!
                                        Cuz, they are both such warm hearted people, the kind that will leave you feeling warm & fuzzy...
                                        (and believe it or not, I don't even get paid for saying that, lol )

Ok, here's my own personal MEADOWLANDS Food Fest review....
                                        The first THREE hours I was there, it was actually RAIN FREE, (from 12 noon opening, till 3 pm).... It was  HOT & SUNNY,
                                        with moderate crowds; not crazy busy, though, and usually just a few people on the food lines at any given time...

A little rain did not keep THIS diehard foodie away, anyway   .... but it looked like it kept some of the others away..
                                        But, I think, more than anything, it was the $$ pricing structure of minimum $40 in advance (+$15 ticketmaster fees),
                                        or $50 at the door.....
                                        When I ordered my tickets online, the Food Fest said they were limiting sales to 25,000 people...
                                        sounded like potential huge crowds for only about 20 vendors, IMO

This LINK from an "Eater" staff member gives good reasonings  on why there was a "shockingly low turnout"..
                                        http://eater.com/archives/2010/06/14/a-report-from-the-great-american-food-and-music-festival.php
                                        ( "were  the crowds at the Big Apple BBQ Fest in NYC?"...
                                        and reviewer also felt the fest would be better at a true FAIRGROUND...(my sentiments exactly)
                                        (instead of being held on the asphalt sidewalks outside the concourse...)...

The food itself was'nt too crazily priced (brisket/sausage combo was $12, fried chicken platter $12, etc) 

BUT, the $4.75 for a regular sized bottled water was typical stadium price GOUGING...
                                        (I paid $6.00 a few times for a large fountain soda from the inside concourse....)
                                        Perhaps, many of the potential Food Fest guests had previous experiences with large venues like the Meadowlands and chose to avoid it?!?

I know I was leery after reading many negative reviews (on seriouseats.com, etc) regarding the first Great American Food Fest last June in the San Francisco area...(3 hour waits for Anchor Bar wings, and/or Katz's Pastrami, and that's even if you were lucky enough to find they had food left when you got to the front... 

While I enjoyed some of the food items I had , (espescially the brisket and the chicago style hot dog)...
                                        the ANCHOR BAR chicken wings/Buffalo, NY  were way too SOGGY for my tastes..
                                        I find that some items , like wings, don't do as well when they are mass produced!
                                        (much better when I had them in Buffalo, cuz they were piping HOT, and I could order them extra crispy...

The WORST part for me was the unexpected 25 BUCKS to PARK !!! ( I figured $10 or $15, but this was too ridiculous)
                                        One lady I chatted with was really pissed, cuz her family came in 2 cars, so they were out 50 bucks.. 
                                        You will have it better at your BOSTON area Food Fest, as parking is supposed to be INCLUDED !

I hope this helps you a bit, JODY !!! (more pics coming!)
                                        I've also posted some on my "Foodography!" group on Facebook.
                                        Here's the link:
                                        http://www.facebook.com/ellen.fried#!/group.php?gid=110131965681253&ref=mf

P.S.   you heard "no one" was there ........
                                                 well, I was there , and I am SOMEone, lol ....  (just ribbing you, Jody)  

<message edited by ellen4641 on Wed, 06/16/10 1:15 AM>

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                                          Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 9:49 AM (permalink)
                                          looks like Ellen is doing her Fred Flintstone impersonation with that big beef rib in her hand.

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 9:52 AM (permalink)
                                            And look who else I got to schmooze with again !!

Great hanging with fellow Roadfood groupies, BRUCE BILMES & SUE BOYLE !
                                            There we were , waiting for Jane & Michael, and Stephen to begin their talk on the big stage!

ellen4641

• Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
                                              Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 9:58 AM (permalink)
                                              And of course, I had to get my Photo Op with Jane & Michael !
                                              My last pic of the 3 of us was taken outside the Henpeck Market in Nashville 3 years ago...

Ellen with the Roadfood Rock Stars !

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 10:02 AM (permalink)
                                                There's Jane on the big screen!
                                                Along with Roadfooder "LYDS" on the right, with sunglasses..
                                                (nice "meating" you, Lyds, and tnx for the compliments on my Trip Reports..!)

and you are teaching your kids to admire good Rock Stars ... Roadfood Rock Stars ..!

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 10:04 AM (permalink)
                                                  Another good one of our Roadfood Rock Stars, live at the Meadowlands !!...

encore, encore!

ellen4641

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 10:08 AM (permalink)
                                                    My buffalo wings from the ANCHOR BAR were soggy !!!
                                                    They were much better when I had them in Buffalo ...

This was the mass produced version of those wings...
                                                    (in Buffalo, I got to say "well done, extra crispy", plus they were served piping hot...)

joerogo

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 10:19 AM (permalink)
                                                      Wow!  Those wings look awful.  Hey Ellen, I think Anchor Bar should be ashamed of themselves for putting out a product like that.

Enjoying your pics, thanks for the report.

Any good photos of Tony?(by good I mean funny)

ayersian

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 10:43 AM (permalink)
                                                        Brad_Olson

So after the Fest did everyone go to Stephen's high school graduation?

Brad, you never cease to crack me up!    Chris

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
                                                          Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 10:54 AM (permalink)
                                                          Ellen, thanks for the pictures, Its nice to see pictures of the Roadfood people. I was beginning to think your camera only had a David Sax setting. I would have loved to be at a gathering like this, but its a 3000 mile hike................Thanks again....BillyB

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:JANE & MICHAEL STERN, and Stephen Rushmore, appeared LIVE at the MEADOWLANDS STADIUM ! Wed, 06/16/10 11:19 AM (permalink)
                                                            [This post was marked as helpful]
                                                            Unfortunately, the Sterns and I will not be going to the Boston event.  More details on that later...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 68

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com