J&S hamburgers, Traverse City MI!!

Author
Momcat25
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
2007/07/05 10:49:43 (permalink)

J&S hamburgers, Traverse City MI!!

The best hamburgers are at J&S in Traverse City, MI. It's like stepping back in time with their 1950's decor, but the hamburgers are fantastic! The last time I had one was in 1977, and I still get all "drooly" just thinking about them. My husband and I, when we eat out and order hamburgers, still sigh and say "remember J&S?" Have never had a hamburger here on the East Coast that even compares.

2 Replies Related Threads

Bluntfacts
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: J&S hamburgers, Traverse City MI!! 2007/07/06 01:00:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Momcat25

The best hamburgers are at J&S in Traverse City, MI. It's like stepping back in time with their 1950's decor, but the hamburgers are fantastic! The last time I had one was in 1977, and I still get all "drooly" just thinking about them. My husband and I, when we eat out and order hamburgers, still sigh and say "remember J&S?" Have never had a hamburger here on the East Coast that even compares.

Oh no, this former Michigander is confused. I vacationed in Traverse City circa 1990. I rmember going to a J&S. I saw your post and googled J&S. It turns out there are apparently two places: J&S on W Front Street (I think that is where I went); and Sue's J&S on S Airport Rd (since 1978).
    Momcat25
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: J&S hamburgers, Traverse City MI!! 2007/07/06 11:15:23 (permalink)
    I believe the one we went to was on W Front St also. My husband's grandmother lived outside of Traverse City, out by Long Lake and I remember it was on the side of town we came into from her house which was west of TC. My husband and his family always ate there in the 60's and when I went to TC for the first time in 1969, my husband wanted to take me out for the best hamburger and it turned out he was right!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1