Jack Daniels BBQ Contest

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13477
2004/10/14 08:27:01 (permalink)

Jack Daniels BBQ Contest

I had considered traveling to lynchburg for this event last year. One of the BBQ experts on roadfood advised that this was a very good event. It seems that I was advised that this was one of few events that the competitors sold their art. If anyone has attended this event, please advise. I was considering the trip again this year but Las Vegas NHRA racing will get in the way

http://www.jackdaniels.com/displaypromo.asp?promo=bbq_promo.htm

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

3 Replies Related Threads

michaelgemmell
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 673
    RE: Jack Daniels BBQ Contest 2004/10/14 18:55:39 (permalink)
    Well, my brother and I agree that any really good BBQ sauce MUST include Jack Daniels!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13477
    RE: Jack Daniels BBQ Contest 2004/10/14 20:01:08 (permalink)
    What I was really hoping to hear from was individuals that had been there before and verified that BBQ was available from vendors.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    RibDog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 593
    RE: Jack Daniels BBQ Contest 2004/10/14 21:47:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

What I was really hoping to hear from was individuals that had been there before and verified that BBQ was available from vendors.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN

Hi Paul.

Yes, there is BBQ available for sale from about 5-6 vendors. But, many of the other teams, who are not vending but competing in the contest, will offer samples to the public on Saturday afternoon. In fact, the JD staff encourages them to give samples to the public by paying for the permit with the county to allow the teams to do this. Not every team will do this but quite a few.

I know most of the teams that will be there. Many can be very friendly towards the public. They do get a little stressed though from about 11AM to 3PM on Saturday as this is the competition turn-in timeframe.

If you make it, look me up as I will be there as one of the volunteer workers for JD during the entire contest. I hope to see you there.

John
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1