The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger

bingo914

• Total Posts: 8
Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Thu, 03/25/04 5:48 PM (permalink)
I lived in Ft. Lauderdale in the early 90's and Jacks had the best burgers. They cook to order and then they have the condiments for you to put on yourself. Visted there in 1998 after my honeymoon cruise.

Anyone know if they are still open or has anyone else ever eaten there. They have/had a location in Ft. Lauderdale and Pompano Beach.

jinjo76

• Total Posts: 204
    RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Tue, 03/30/04 8:21 AM (permalink)
    Hello,
    I was born in Fort Lauderdale in the '60s and have always gone there. The Fort Lauderdale location is about 3 blocks from my house. They are both still there and still the best in my opinion. I'm actually going for take out there tonight.
    Sincerely,
    Jonathan

HeidiK

• Total Posts: 2
      RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Wed, 08/30/06 6:23 PM (permalink)
      I'm a native of south Florida. In my opinion, there is no better burger out there (and I've been around) than Jacks Old Fashion!
      Their fries and shakes rank right up there too! One of the few restarants that have maintained quality and consistency through all the years they've been around. Here's hoping it always stays that way!

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
        RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Fri, 09/1/06 9:48 AM (permalink)
        Posted this previously under "the best burgers in the South" thread. Still think Jack's is one of the best!

Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburgers on US 1 (Federal Hwy) in Ft Lauderdale is hard to beat. Using an ancient Burger Chef site, they adhere to the In N Out philosophy of limited menu, hand formed burgers with meat ground fresh daily. The burgers come in one-third and one-half pound sizes and are prepared to order. They have other stuff, but the burgers are too scrumptious to pass up. Their fixings bar has fresh cut onion, pickles, jalapenos, and various condiments--with a mustard/mayo/relish sauce that is simply terrific! The place is always crowded, but they move 'em through quickly so you won't have to wait long to get one of the best burgers in the South!
        QFan
        Bonita Springs, FL
        P.S. Go to HollyEats' web site for pictures, address and tel # if you're going to be near Ft Lauderdale.

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
          RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Fri, 09/1/06 2:57 PM (permalink)
          We have a Jack's here in Madison, AL. A lot of people like it, but I am not partial to them. I remember having a Jack's here about 40 years ago as one of our first fast food joints. I still remember the slogan "Jack's hamburgers for 15 cents are so good, good,good, you'll go back, back, back to Jack's, Jack's, Jack,s for more, more, more.

QFan

RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Fri, 09/1/06 6:59 PM (permalink)
            SGAl, I like your Jack's jingle but I don't think we're talking about the same Jack's. No way is (or was) the one in Ft Lauderdale part of a fast food chain. The one in FL has always been in this location and makes all their burgers by hand (either third or half lb) and is definitely not ff.

QFan
            Bonita Springs, FL

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
              RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Tue, 09/5/06 10:48 AM (permalink)
              Good to know, I thought it was the FF Jack's and I know they don't fix them by hand. Thanks for the info.

BhamBabe

• Total Posts: 879
                RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Tue, 09/5/06 5:40 PM (permalink)
                I think the confusion is the name. The one Q is speaking of is Jacks Old Fashioned Hamburger House and ours is just Jacks Old Fashioned Hamburgers.

Sassy, you need to get here where one of the original Jacks are. They DO make patties by hand here. Or did as of July 05. My son worked there lol.

QFan

RE: Jacks Old Fashion Hamburger Tue, 09/5/06 6:07 PM (permalink)
                  As suggested in QFan's original post, go to this link on HollyEat's web site. Jack's is approx 15 minutes north of the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport--just turn left on US 1 (North) as you leave the airport.

http://www.hollyeats.com/JacksBurgers.htm

QFan
                  Bonita Springs, FL

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com