Jackson, Tn

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5463
2012/06/02 00:44:42 (permalink)

Jackson, Tn

Thursday when I was driving from Memphis to Nashville I remembered my cousin saying that the Casey Jones train museum had a really good buffet. So I decided to check it out. It was really good, one of the best I've ever had. The fried okra and greens were great, the skillet cornbread was too. Meatloaf, real mashed potatoes and great fried chicken. It sure wasn't the pre-breaded frozen crap.
But the absolute high lite of the meal was desert. A mixed berry cobbler. Fantastic!

1 Reply Related Threads

easydoesit
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 536
    Re:Jackson, Tn 2012/06/02 10:59:10 (permalink)
    Mike, we stopped at the Casey Jones Village a year ago in February.  We started chatting with a policeman in the parking lot, who told us that the Old Country Store, where you ate, was the model for Cracker Barrel stores.  He said the founders of Cracker Barrel went to the owner of the store and asked if they could borrow the concept.  The owner said yes, if they would promise there would never be a Cracker Barrel in Jackson.  The deal was made, but then the officer shook his head and said, "But, you know, we got one anyway."  And they do.

We weren't ready for a meal, so just visited the train museum.  So did it look like the model the officer claimed?

Interesting that both this store and Cracker Barrel call themselves the Old Country Store.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1