The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Jane Stern is in the building

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 40
Jane Stern

Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:20 AM (permalink)
Hi everyone, I will now be posting regularly...kisses to all of you. Jane

Tony Bad

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:23 AM (permalink)
    Somehow it doesn't seem appropriate to say welcome, as I feel like WE are all the guests in your house...but welcome! Look forward to your posts.

buffetbuster

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:25 AM (permalink)
      Jane Stern

Hi everyone, I will now be posting regularly...kisses to all of you. Jane
      All I have to say is, YAY!!!!!

wheregreggeats.com

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:26 AM (permalink)

That's certainly good news ... Again, "welcome" doesn't seem to be the right word ...

californyguy

• Total Posts: 513
          Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:26 AM (permalink)
          wonderful! have so loved your books/ articles over the years, and this site...seeing your posts will be icing on the cake, gravy on the fries , cherries on the sunday...well you get my drift

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:30 AM (permalink)
            I'm absolutely delighted to hear that, and it was a pleasure to finally meet you this past weekend in Buffalo after being a Roadfood fan for almost 2 decades.

cecif

• Total Posts: 1412
              Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:33 AM (permalink)
              How CUTE is that?! Jane's a "Junior Burger"!

WELCOME! We are excited to have you!!!

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1935
                Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:39 AM (permalink)
                That's great news!  I just know you'll add more of the same humor and laughs that we enjoy on The Splendid Table!

ayersian

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 10:42 AM (permalink)
                  Jane, it's always a pleasure to see you on the tours, and I know I wasn't the only one who missed having you on the bus with us.  Michael is hilarious as a solo act, but both of you together and your stories are absolutely hysterical!    Chris

jmckee

• Total Posts: 1172
                    Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 11:01 AM (permalink)
                    Huzzah! The team is now complete!

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                      Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 11:06 AM (permalink)
                      Jane, so great to see you on the boards!  Wish I could have made the Buffalo/Rochester shindig.  Sounds and looks like you all had a blast.  Hope to break bread with you one day.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 11:35 AM (permalink)
                        Hi Jane -

Was it the Beef on a Weck or the overdose on ice cream and candy this past weekend that pushed you over the edge!

Great to have you up and running!

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
                          Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 11:54 AM (permalink)
                          So glad to hear it!  I've been dying to hear your input here :)

morganen

• Total Posts: 22
                            Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 12:09 PM (permalink)
                            I'm so excited!

mar52

• Total Posts: 7607
                              Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 12:28 PM (permalink)
                              Thank you for joining us.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
                                Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 12:34 PM (permalink)
                                This is very good news! BTW, you immediately go to the head of the class on the thread "these are the Roadfood places I've visited", viewd by over 91,000 folks so far, and yes Welcome feels odd, but anyhow, Welcome!

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
                                  Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 12:34 PM (permalink)

I might have missed it myself, but is there a ritual hazing for new members?

mark

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                                    Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 12:38 PM (permalink)
                                    This is so exciting. I really enjoyed our conversations over the weekend and it will be great to hear from you in these fora.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
                                      • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 12:48 PM (permalink)
                                      Greetings and a warm Welcome from the Official Mascots of ROADFOOD.COM !!  Here are McDuff and Demi keeping an eye out for their favorite Roadfood Writer...

<message edited by mayor al on Wed, 09/23/09 1:10 PM>

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                        Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 2:09 PM (permalink)
                                        Welcome Jane! and thanks for all you have down WITHOUT posting HERE!!!!

Jane Stern

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 3:01 PM (permalink)
                                          thanks everyone and I do not mind being a junior cheese burger, if you hang around long enough life humbles you one way or another. I think even Michael has not reached five star ranking. For those of you on the Buffalo tour, just a quick word about why I was in a car and not on the bus. The reason is most unglamorous...buses make me sick to my stomach and more than a touch claustrophobic. It was very hard for me on previous tours to ride the bus, and I actually considered not going, as an alternative to driving behind the bus. I chose the option that works for me and truly hope no one was offended by this choice. I loved hanging out with you guys at the food stops, and with some of you in the car, and others after hours. For those of you who may not know that I am slightly nutty please read my book Ambulance Girl, or see the movie. My phobias have been a life long struggle, but the bottom line is I love you all and was so happy to spend time with you!!!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3667
                                            Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 3:16 PM (permalink)
                                            So nice to see you posting, Jane!  We need more women on here. 

Ivyhouse

• Total Posts: 329
                                              Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 3:23 PM (permalink)
                                              Jane, thanks for the pleasure of your company at Dinosaur BBQ and in the car to Nick Tahou's.  Looking forward to your insights and thoughts in the forums....

Regards,

Karen

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
                                                • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 3:28 PM (permalink)
                                                Jane, I share youR 'Bus Riding Discomforts'.  We tend to be Bus-chasers' when participating in group tours.  "You are not alone"!!

Besides, Stephen won't allow the Scotties on the Bus !!

ConeyIslandLou

• Total Posts: 737
                                                  Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 3:49 PM (permalink)
                                                  Jane Stern

thanks everyone and I do not mind being a junior cheese burger, if you hang around long enough life humbles you one way or another. I think even Michael has not reached five star ranking. For those of you on the Buffalo tour, just a quick word about why I was in a car and not on the bus. The reason is most unglamorous...buses make me sick to my stomach and more than a touch claustrophobic. It was very hard for me on previous tours to ride the bus, and I actually considered not going, as an alternative to driving behind the bus. I chose the option that works for me and truly hope no one was offended by this choice. I loved hanging out with you guys at the food stops, and with some of you in the car, and others after hours. For those of you who may not know that I am slightly nutty please read my book Ambulance Girl, or see the movie. My phobias have been a life long struggle, but the bottom line is I love you all and was so happy to spend time with you!!!

So I guess this rules you out for the Great Jersey Hot Dog Tour someday...

Welcome to your board!

rjb

• Total Posts: 451
                                                    Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 5:33 PM (permalink)
                                                    Great to have you posting -- when did you get your hotdog cart?

katherinecurry

• Total Posts: 39
                                                      Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 7:09 PM (permalink)
                                                      Greetings, Jane!  My friends and I (we were the mini-college reunion gals) had a terrific time on the tour and really enjoyed having the chance to spend time with you.  So glad you chose the car over not coming!

catosaurus

Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 7:12 PM (permalink)
                                                        I'll add my "welcome" to the ever-growing list.  Also, I read "Ambulance Girl" within a month of its publication, and loved every page.  (Wasn't all that crazy about the Kathy Bates movie version, though, 'cause she didn't quite do justice to your spunk-and-sassy).

Thank you for all the years you and Michael have devoted to amusing us, educating us, leading us to hidden treasures, and making our mouths water.

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
                                                          • Location: Henderson, KY
                                                          Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 7:37 PM (permalink)
                                                          Jane, I'll be looking forward to reading your posts.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                                            • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                                                            Re:Jane Stern is in the building Wed, 09/23/09 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                                            rjb

Great to have you posting -- when did you get your hotdog cart?

roflmao!!!!!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com