Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 51 of 51
neologism

• Total Posts: 3
RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Tue, 09/12/06 10:57 AM (permalink)
Also, there is no substitute to the Apple-Cinnamon flavor such as Nutella to the Chocolate Silk. There are some "apple peanut butters" but they usually include cunk apple peices and in such, not good eats for peanut butter cookies.

deeplace

• Total Posts: 2
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Tue, 09/26/06 11:04 PM (permalink)
    I am frustrated and fascinated by all the talk about the chocolate peanut butter. I was trying to figure out how to find some when I saw this forum. Anyone still have any to share or still know of any store that has some? After the Kroger sighting in a past post, I e-mailed my Kroger with a request for this item. They have a web page where you can request special foods and if they can get some for you, they will. I have 27 year old son who would be thrilled to get this special treat again. It's not just for the young ones!

catwoman651993

• Total Posts: 4
      RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Fri, 06/22/07 9:31 PM (permalink)
      Yes, we must have our chocolate Silk Sensations! I am still shocked that the company would decide to discontinue this product, as this was THE ONE kind of peanut butter that was nearly sold out every time we went grocery shopping, no matter what store we looked in! We bought several jars a week, and many friends and family loved this product too! How can the company claim that it wasn't a big seller? Anyone who can find any chocolate Silk |Sensations, please let me know! And please keep calling/emailing the company asking them to bring it back!!!

LauraK

• Total Posts: 6
        RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Tue, 08/21/07 3:37 PM (permalink)
        I've been looking for this for over 2 years. I had found it at a wholesale liquidator's and a dollar store- where I bought all they had- but I've run dry now. Nutella is good in its own way but there's never been anything like Jif's Chocolate Silk. I guess I should be glad it's gone as this stuff WAS my crack, lol.

But, that being said, if anyone still has any unopened jars in the back of their cupboard I'd be more than happy to buy it from you!

My son and I thank you in advance and are keeping our fingers crossed.

(I also have left comments at the Smucker's site, to no avail.) :(

Thanks all-
        LK

Darcy

• Total Posts: 23
          RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Thu, 08/23/07 3:37 PM (permalink)
          Here's a place where you can order peanut butter with various flavors. Pretty expensive, but an awesome treat. My son bought the white chocolate raspberry - mmmmmmmmm.

http://www.pbloco.com/

deeplace

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Thu, 08/23/07 3:57 PM (permalink)
            Darcy, have you ever tried any of the peanut butter chocolate flavors at the website you posted? Just wondering how they compare to the Jif. Thanks

Darcy

• Total Posts: 23
              RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Thu, 08/23/07 4:03 PM (permalink)
              Sorry, I didn't. I only had a few minutes in the store and had to choose carefully. My son also tried the banana one, he said it was okay, but didn't blow him away or anything.

LauraK

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Thu, 08/23/07 6:49 PM (permalink)
                Hi Darcy-

Thanks- I'm going to order the dark chocolate and see how it is. At my Kroger, they have something called Dark Chocolate Dreams by Peanut Butter & Co. and it's pretty good. Not a bit like Jif's CS because it is a bit grainy and it separates, but I put mine into the food processor to make it smoother.

Jif's had such a heavenly mouth feel and the taste was perfection- to me.

LK

catwoman651993

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Wed, 10/10/07 8:32 PM (permalink)
                  Please...anyone still have any Chocolate Silk left? I have searched everywhere! My kids and I really hope there is still some...somewhere...or that the company will bring it back (which I doubt, as my emails to them go unanswered...

If you have any you can part with (yes, for $$$$$!) , please email me:

catwoman651993@yahoo.com

LauraK

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Sun, 01/13/08 5:11 PM (permalink)
                    I keep searching just in case..nothing. :(

If anyone has some they want to sell- email me: laurak412@hotmail.com

Thanks!

LK

mamabear6

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Wed, 05/28/08 11:36 AM (permalink)
                      If Jif has no plans on bringing back Chocolate Silk, why don't they disclose the ingredients and how it was made? Then we could attempt to re-create the flavor at home! I was very much addicted to this peanut butter. Nutella does not compare.

catwoman651993

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Wed, 05/28/08 5:30 PM (permalink)

quote:
                        Originally posted by LauraK

Hi Darcy-

Thanks- I'm going to order the dark chocolate and see how it is. At my Kroger, they have something called Dark Chocolate Dreams by Peanut Butter & Co. and it's pretty good. Not a bit like Jif's CS because it is a bit grainy and it separates, but I put mine into the food processor to make it smoother.

LK

catwoman651993

RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Wed, 05/28/08 5:34 PM (permalink)
                          I stumbled upon the Chocolate Dreams by Peanut Butter and Company, and i must say, despite the slight grittiness (nothing like Nutella, which in my opinion is WAY gritty!), I actually love this peanut butter, and am ready to say "screw it" it the Jif company! They won't bring Chocolate Silk back, but they won't sell the "secret formula" to anyone else to manufacture. I used to buy some of the expired Silk on Ebay, and its okay, but maybe because its getting past its "safe to eat date" 9haha), it's just not like I remember it. I would recommend trying The Peanut Butter and Company brand!
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by catwoman651993

quote:
                          Originally posted by LauraK

Hi Darcy-

LK

TORD

Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Mon, 05/10/10 2:51 AM (permalink)
                            STILL MISS MY Jif Chocolate Silk ! 

IF Jif was SMART they would have dumped the Apple and Berry flavors since OBVIOUSLY they did not sell. The Chocolate  would have been a success on it's own.

If you are ever in Japan check the grocery for the sweet whipped peanut butter. It tastes FANTASTIC smooth as Silk but not Chocolate they make just Chocolate too but not a PB AND C. It comes in a tub and you WILL eat the whole thing. 

Wintem01

• Total Posts: 205
                              Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Tue, 06/22/10 7:53 PM (permalink)
                              I loved the chocolate silk, but to be honest, and it surprised even me, I went nuts for the cinnamon version. In defense, I don't like cinnamon on almost anything, but for some reason that dam cinnamon peanut butter rocked my sandwich. 'Nuf said. 
                              <message edited by Wintem01 on Wed, 06/23/10 2:50 PM>

LauraK

Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Fri, 07/23/10 11:06 AM (permalink)
                                I still miss it, too. In a way I'm glad it's gone, as I think I'd need a 12-step program to get me off it otherwise, lol!

Kroger's own brand of honey roasted peanut butter is very close to the same mouth-feel and has that bit of sweetness. I really like it but it always make me think of and wish for the chocolate silk.....

LauraK

Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Fri, 04/20/12 12:00 PM (permalink)
                                  Prepare yourselves.

I was at Wal Mart today and almost fell over when I saw this. Holy crap.

I've been on Weight Watchers for the past 13 wks and have lost 40 lbs. Now this comes back?! I'll just have to practice moderation (because 1 little cup is 7 pp!)

I haven't opened it yet so don't know if it'll be the same as the sliky deliciousness I remember but I wasn't sure who else might have seen this and if not- head to your local Super WalMart! :)

*Ok...ate one. OMG...it's the same! Evilly delicious!  But I'm only having the one........today.

<message edited by LauraK on Fri, 04/20/12 12:24 PM>

Tex-Max

• Total Posts: 103
                                    Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Fri, 04/20/12 8:10 PM (permalink)
                                    Wow.  I am just imagining this Jiff to go Chocolate Silk being used as a dip with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bugles.  That would definitely be Chocolate and Peanut Butter overload.  Wonder if I could find them both at the same time? Its worth a try.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7742
                                      Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Fri, 04/20/12 8:36 PM (permalink)
                                      Congratulations Laura!

The good news is that at one a day it is right on par as bonus points on the points plus system. One a day. Don't make us call Jennifer Hudson!

Chocolate Silk Sensation would be a great name for a music group!

LauraK

Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Fri, 04/20/12 9:48 PM (permalink)
                                        Tex-Max, that probably would be good! :)

I've only gone into my weekly points 3 times since starting, and have never converted activity points for food. But wow...I can't believe they brought it back NOW.

Such temptation....they should rename it Jif Chocolate Silk Temptation!

I'm taking two of them to give to my Mom and Aunt tomorrow- we have a birthday party for my niece. Better I get rid of them, lol. Now that I've tasted it, I'm confident that I won't buy it again.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7742
                                          Re: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation Sat, 04/21/12 5:20 PM (permalink)
                                          I've been using the old point system for maintenance for over a decade. It certainly works. I did not switch to the new system...but it seems good.

If you ever stall...it's good to use some bonus or activity points to kick the metabolism up.

Never been a fan of peanut butter but I will give this a try if I find it.

I enjoy Nutkao hazelnut spread.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 51 of 51

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com