Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
misspriss
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2004/10/30 01:35:36 (permalink)

Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation

Does anyone know where I can find this? It is the only protein my kids will eat? Thanks!

Btw, I'm new, be kind.

50 Replies Related Threads

Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1511
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2004/10/30 01:51:39 (permalink)
    I could not find any info on that product from either Jif.com or its parent company, JM Smucker.. but you might try emailing them directly.

As a substitute, you might try Nutella. It can be found in most large grocery chains and many specialty food stores.
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2004/10/30 11:59:01 (permalink)
    As near as I can determine the Jif Smooth Sensations were discontinued about the time when Proctor & Gamble sold the Jif brand to JM Smucker, probably around 2002. The best thing I can offer you is on the Jif website there is a recipe for a grilled chocolate and peanut butter sandwich that might satisfy your kids. The recipe is here: http://www.jif.com/recipes/rec_snacks.asp As you well know, you really need to introduce them to a much wider variety of foods, as they can't go thru the rest of their lives eating only chocolate and peanut butter.
    misspriss
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2004/11/08 01:08:51 (permalink)
    I know but they are very picky. I found some on Ebay. Thanks!
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2004/12/19 16:22:03 (permalink)
    I'm not familiar with the Jif variety, but it sounds like Nutella to me, which is very good indeed.
    ohnodad
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2004/12/28 22:02:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by misspriss

I know but they are very picky. I found some on Ebay. Thanks!

My son is the same. have you found any more Chocolate Silk peanut butter?
    yall
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/02/18 10:05:14 (permalink)
    I highly recommend that you (and everyone else who enjoyed Chocolate Silk) use the "Contact Us" link on the Jif homepage http://www.jif.com to tell Jif that you'd like to see Chocolate Silk offered again.

It is particularly effective if you let them know that you are switching to other brands (like Nutella) in the absence of Chocolate Silk.

Good luck finding CS!

bookworm1016
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/03/12 14:11:27 (permalink)
    HI EVERYONE, I'M ON A MISSION. I TOO, HAVE A NIECE THAT WILL ONLY EAT THIS PRODUCT FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER. I WENT SO FAR AS TO CALL THE NUMBER ON THE PRODUCT TO ASK WHERE I COULD PURCHASE THIS. THAT IS WHEN I WAS TOLD THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER MAKING THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE IT IS NOT A GOOD SELLER.

WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND CALL OR WRITE JIF AND COMPLAIN OR THE CHOCOLATE SILK SENSATION WILL BE LOST TO US FOREVER. IT WILL ONLY TAKE A PHONE CALL TO VOICE YOUR OPINION. HERE IS THE PHONE NUMBER.......... 1-888-792-1902.

MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE CALL THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THE PRODUCT.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR LISTENING.
    mugirl2003
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/04/10 18:06:11 (permalink)
    I have found chocolate Jif sensation in my hometown of Grayson,Ky! They had about 6-7 jars of it left. I know several members who responded to this thread were wanting it. I'll be glad to pick up a few jars for anyone who would love to have this product.

Talk to you soon
    Vanessa
    kk
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/04/17 19:46:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by mugirl2003

I have found chocolate Jif sensation in my hometown of Grayson,Ky! They had about 6-7 jars of it left. I know several members who responded to this thread were wanting it. I'll be glad to pick up a few jars for anyone who would love to have this product.

Talk to you soon
    Vanessa
    I would love some peanut butter if you still have some available. I have been looking for it for a couple of months.
    Thank you!
    Kerri Kaiser
    mugirl2003
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/04/22 20:22:22 (permalink)
    Hey Kerri,

Please give me your email if you would like for me to send you some, I have them at my home now!

Vanessa (mugirl2003@yahoo.com)
    stephnj
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/05/06 13:48:25 (permalink)
    Hi...any Jif Chocolate peanut butter available??
    TORD
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/05/24 15:34:47 (permalink)
    I am missing the CPB ! I sent the letter below to Jif. Hope it helps. The eBay is a good idea. Nutella is a POOR substitute is very thick and grainy Jif was like butta. thanks TORD

DEAR JIFF, I miss your CHOCOLATE Peanut butter extremely. It's too bad your idiot marketing department insisted on keeping the Berry and Apple flavors when it was readily apparent they were not selling. Also I don't think your distributors allowed the stores to order just the Chocolate. All I had to do was look at the shelves the CPB was always gone and the other flavors never moved. Your Chocolate PB was better than Nutella by far. Everyone I turned on to the CPB was AMAZED at how good it was. If I could find some I would buy a case. PLEASE MAKE MORE !

Thanks, Todd { A Jiff boy since 1957.] [|)]
    mamabear6
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/07/20 18:35:19 (permalink)
    You're right - Nutella is BLECH.. I bought some in desperation, hoping it might somehow quell my yen for Jif's Chocolate Silk - there's NO comparison.. BLECH, BLECH, BLECH - it's like peanut goop with a hint of chocolate.. NOTHING like Chocolate Silk, which was more like a heavenly blend of chocolate frosting and peanut butter!! I used to eat this every day for lunch and have resorted to bologna again.. oh, for the good ole days.. It must be completely gone now - none in the stores, none on ebay..
    Joel Harms
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/12/14 13:13:55 (permalink)
    I guess it would be pretty nasty as this point if they stopped making it in 2002 but does anyone know if any more of this stuff exists? I have a neighbor that loves it.

roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2005/12/16 13:18:14 (permalink)
    Sometimes, Big Lots, Or Ocean State Job lot has kinda funky off the wall and discontinued items, if there are any near you, I would check them out just in case..
    One nevers knows...
    Tara
    cmesmileto
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/02/26 21:24:21 (permalink)
    That hurts. I used to go to the Smuckers site and order the Jif, but now they don't even have it. So, I went to the Jif site and complained! Hopefully we will get it back on the market. I have also tried the Nutella......Oh yea...YUCK! Not even close.
    PBforMe
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/08/03 15:02:20 (permalink)
    I still have more unopened jars of Jif Chocolate Silk available. It's great, I am still enjoying it very much! I wouldn't mind parting with a few jars if anyone is interested. Thanks....Mary Ann
    MandalayVA
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 367
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/08/04 08:19:37 (permalink)
    I can't believe people don't like Nutella. If you're expecting it to taste like peanut butter you WILL be disappointed because it's a chocolate and hazelnut spread. I've never found it to be grainy. On the other hand, I tried Chocolate Silk and it was so sweet it made me gag. If you bought Nutella and didn't like it, send it to me!

/'s advocate
    octopus
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 264
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/08/07 16:55:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MandalayVA

I can't believe people don't like Nutella. If you're expecting it to taste like peanut butter you WILL be disappointed because it's a chocolate and hazelnut spread. I've never found it to be grainy. On the other hand, I tried Chocolate Silk and it was so sweet it made me gag. If you bought Nutella and didn't like it, send it to me!

/'s advocate

Nutella is very good I can't really imagine someone not liking it, I guess if you don't like chocolate (crazy person) you might not like it. I don't think I have been in a Supermarket lately that does not have Nutella.
    shortchef
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 624
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/08/28 14:04:46 (permalink)
    Just saw some yesterday in Kroger. Maybe they're bringing it back?
    vincewong
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/09 21:58:53 (permalink)
    Hello All,

Kind of stumbled into this site about Jif Sensations.
    I developed the Jif Sensations for Procter& Gamble and like all of you I was disapointed that Smuckers discontinued the brand. The technology for making it was pretty unique and I'm hoping Smucker's realize what they bought and they will brng the Chocolate.
    I also appreciate hearing that you all enjoyed the product!

Vince Wong
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 06:15:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by vincewong

Hello All,

Kind of stumbled into this site about Jif Sensations.
    I developed the Jif Sensations for Procter& Gamble and like all of you I was disapointed that Smuckers discontinued the brand. The technology for making it was pretty unique and I'm hoping Smucker's realize what they bought and they will brng the Chocolate.
    I also appreciate hearing that you all enjoyed the product!

Vince Wong

Yeah, right--got some ketchup?
    if you did, show us some proof...
    Facts matter..

Sorry to be a doubting Tara, but we have many many sybils and trolls here, and its a second nature to be skeptical.
    Thanks.
    Nice for you to use Fieldthistles opening line also..

ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8644
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 09:06:20 (permalink)
    You are right, tara, way too vague of a post to have been the "Inventor"of this product.No details,no dice.......
    vincewong
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 10:27:10 (permalink)
    To you doubting Thomas

You can check US patent no 5885646 "Process for making flavored nut spreads" granted March 23, 1999 and US patent no 5942275 "Flavored nut spreads having milk chocolate flavor and creamy soft texture " granted august 23, 1999. The technology is based on combining peanut butter and chocolate technlogies where two fluid suspension rheolgy systems are combined with fat crystallization technolgies to provide the very smooth texture and ability to resist oil separation (Nutella has that problem and it is also the reason why its texture is inferior to Jif Sensations.).

I am glad to hear that you all liked the product. We worked very hard in making it. I tried to get P&G Snacks to market it as a protein based snack "pudding" but no dice. I'm a lab guy and not a marketing person. Somehow you would think there is a large market for protein based snacks that is also shelf stable. Given the world's need for shelf stable foods that have high protein content and an appealing taste universal flavor (chocolate) I would hope Smucker's expand this product world wide , but I don;t think they will.

By the way, I still have two jars left and even though it is past its due date, the product has not oxidized nor separated and still taste good.

Vince
    tacchino
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 560
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 11:38:36 (permalink)
    Not to belabor the point, and kudos to Mr. Wong for his patent, but
    a) I have been consuming Nutella for decades, and never once did I ever have a problem with "oil separation." And I have kept opened and unopened Nutella jars in a cabinet for months (or, at least as long as I can resist it!)
    b) I have no problems with Nutella's texture, and given its worldwide sales appeal, apparently neither do millions of people around the world.

I have tasted that Jif spread, and I personally did not care for it at all. I found the chocolate taste to be very chemical-tasting (unlike Nutella), and the texture didn't do much for me, either.

But clearly, this is a matter of personal taste, as many people are really craving this stuff..too bad it was pulled from the shelves so soon.
    vincewong
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 16:19:46 (permalink)
    Nutella is a good tasting product and very profitable.
    If I recall correctly, there is less than 15 % hazelnut. The rest is sugar,oil and cocoa solids. Nevertheless, it has world wide appeal and that is the name of the game!
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8644
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 18:40:56 (permalink)
    Mr.Wong-those are the facts we were waiting for!!!Pardon my scepticism!
    PBforMe
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/10 18:48:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by vincewong

To you doubting Thomas

You can check US patent no 5885646 "Process for making flavored nut spreads" granted March 23, 1999 and US patent no 5942275 "Flavored nut spreads having milk chocolate flavor and creamy soft texture " granted august 23, 1999. The technology is based on combining peanut butter and chocolate technlogies where two fluid suspension rheolgy systems are combined with fat crystallization technolgies to provide the very smooth texture and ability to resist oil separation (Nutella has that problem and it is also the reason why its texture is inferior to Jif Sensations.).

I am glad to hear that you all liked the product. We worked very hard in making it. I tried to get P&G Snacks to market it as a protein based snack "pudding" but no dice. I'm a lab guy and not a marketing person. Somehow you would think there is a large market for protein based snacks that is also shelf stable. Given the world's need for shelf stable foods that have high protein content and an appealing taste universal flavor (chocolate) I would hope Smucker's expand this product world wide , but I don;t think they will.

By the way, I still have two jars left and even though it is past its due date, the product has not oxidized nor separated and still taste good.

Vince

I was wondering where you see a past due date on your jars? I have numerous unopened jars left and I don't see a date anywhere on the jar
    neologism
    Junior Burger
    RE: Jif Chocolate Silk Sensation 2006/09/12 10:54:18 (permalink)
    While this topic is more geared to the chocolate silk crowd, I would like to share in your quest to get the line produced again. (well, maby not the berry one). I miss the apple-cinnamon flavor Jif. I found it delicious as well as the prime ingredient to my most prized peanut butter cookies.

Unfortunately, the last time I purchased it in bulk was about 2004 at the local military exchange. They are notorious for haveing back stocks of various things. I grabbed the last 6 jars and batched them into cookies over a month or two. I had no idea that it had been discontinued.

If anyone can find a jar sitting in the back dark corner of your local supermarket, I emplore you to substitute it in your next batch of peanut butter cookies. I promise you they will be the best you have ever tasted!

I had tried the chocolate silk in my cookies before but it wasn't as good as the apple cinnamon. I suppose I could try this Nutella stuff that everyone is talking about. I will make shure to bring this point up to Smuckers via e-mail and snale mail.

Also, a side note to Mr. Wong, congradulations for haveing a hand in creating something that many people enjoyed (albiet short lived) and I hope you didndt loose your job when proctor sold itself off to smuckers.

Also, send all of your Jif Apple-Cinnamon Peanut Butter to me!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1