Jim N Nick's Charlotte, NC

Author
Davidsanders
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 211
2014/07/07 20:26:16 (permalink)

Jim N Nick's Charlotte, NC

Anyone ever been to Jim N Nick's in Charlotte? I'm trying to decide on my Sunday evening dinner for my upcoming trip, and this is a possibility. A lot of the places I want to try are closed on Sunday.
Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

mr. sausage
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: Jim N Nick's Charlotte, NC 2014/07/08 23:56:16 (permalink)
    In my experience, they are a very consistent chain. There is one here in Franklin that we hit up for drive thru at least once or twice a month. With a toddler and a baby, it's just easier for us to pick it up and eat at home. When we travel back to New Orleans or our place in Destin, we also stop at Jim and Nicks and eat in the car. Believe me, the wait staff doesn't even know how thankful they should be...

So, those are justifiable reasons for patronizing a chain. The other thing is, the food is damn tasty. We lived in Austin from '07 til '13 so I'm a harsh judge for brisket but theirs isn't bad (a tad dry) and their ribs and pulled pork are genuine. Sides are solid; mac n cheese, collards, beans and potato salad all good. Their rings and fries are definite gets. Even the cheeseburger, an impulse order by my wife a while back, was delicious.

Nick started the Fatback Pig Project with an old boss of mine, Donald Link. I don't know if all the stores are using the heritage breeds yet but I can report that the pork I've had has been of very high quality.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1