Jimmy John's joke

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
sk bob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1801
Re:Jimmy John's joke 2012/01/17 22:25:42 (permalink)
wheregreggeats.com

I went to one in Florida (Tampa) ... Let's just say it wasn't Arizona.
Coming from Connecticut, I'm a tough critic.

you're right Greg, NONE of those chain joints can EVER equal an Independent GRINDER shop from New England, EVEN THOUGH, Subway is headquartered in Milford,CT.
Subway is the company name but the corporate name WAS or still is Doctors Associates. ( any more info on that is welcomed please ).
that sounds like to me they're only in it for the profits.
nothing wrong with that.

if I'd have invested my money in that, I'd be eating at Franklin Ave. Giant Grinder every day for lunch and Chuck's Steakhouse every night for dinner.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4214
Re:Jimmy John's joke 2012/01/20 17:04:44 (permalink)
Foodbme

If you have a Capriotti's in your area, they have JJ's, Subway and the rest of the Chain Joints beat 14 ways from Sunday. http://www.capriottis.com/
There are better mom & pop shops, but for a chain, they're tops.

Hey, thanks!

Tried them yesterday and the food was great.

One problem though:  while I (a "Jim") was waiting for my sandwich a "Tim" and a "Kim" were also waiting for theirs.  The native Spanish-speaker who was calling names pronounced all of our names indentically so there was quite a traffic jam at the ready counter.  I've encountered this before and am thinking about becoming a "Jaime" (hai'-may)!

felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3554
Re:Jimmy John's joke 2012/01/20 17:14:47 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

One problem though:  while I (a "Jim") was waiting for my sandwich a "Tim" and a "Kim" were also waiting for theirs.  The native Spanish-speaker who was calling names pronounced all of our names indentically so there was quite a traffic jam at the ready counter.  I've encountered this before and am thinking about becoming a "Jaime" (hai'-may)!

A friend of mine (female) always gives her name as "Bob". One memorable lunchtime, the person behind the counter called out "Girl Bob".
DarkStar519
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Jimmy John's joke 2012/06/04 00:21:53 (permalink)
I work for Jimmy Johns in Michigan. I work for a franchise. Our franchise doesn't skimp on meats and cheese. We will always send you out a new sub no charge with a free side if it was made incorrectly. We turn down our music if its too loud for you. We will always greet you as enthusiastically as possible. We make 30 second subs and deliver in under 5 minutes. Period. We also own all the chains in Arizona.

Jimmy Johns General Manager.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4214
Re:Jimmy John's joke 2012/06/04 09:58:00 (permalink)
DarkStar519

I work for Jimmy Johns in Michigan. I work for a franchise. Our franchise doesn't skimp on meats and cheese. We will always send you out a new sub no charge with a free side if it was made incorrectly. We turn down our music if its too loud for you. We will always greet you as enthusiastically as possible. We make 30 second subs and deliver in under 5 minutes. Period. We also own all the chains in Arizona.

Because the "Vito" is so tasty I would patronize a Jimmy John's that doesn't scream their "enthusiastic greeting" and deafen me with their FOREGROUND (as opposed to background) music. 

Sadly, these do not exist in my part of Texas (McKinney/Plano).  The one time I asked for the music to be lowered the "attitude" was as though I'd farted in church and the "lowering" was insultingly imperceptible. 

I know that (which annoys me so) is part of JJ's "corporate kitch" because it pleases/mimics the personality of the CEO, but please know that it is costing him, his franchisees, and you $ales.  In my mind all that hoopla and racket is as corporately stupid as it would be for Domino's to insist on putting anchovies on every pizza just because their CEO is a huge anchovy fan.

WRT: portions - while the subs prepared for in-store consumption are adequately portioned, the "catered" versions are very skimpy on the meat & cheese. 
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/06/04 10:10:57
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 576
Re:Jimmy John's joke 2012/06/04 12:40:49 (permalink)
DarkStar519

While I apprecite your enthusiasm and attitude as a JJ's manager, I will not be going back.   I went once, looking for a hot ham a cheese or maybe a cheesesteak.  I found that JJ's only serves COLD subs/sandwiches.    I'm not a fan of cold subs/sandwiches, and could easily make one at home.   It's not rocket science to stick cold meat and cheese on cold bread.  Hot sandwiches are a little more complex, and taste MUCH better in my opinion.  :)   Nothing like a hot oven grinder.

If JJ's starts making HOT sandwiches (and turns down the loud music), I'll give it another try.  Almost every other sub/sandwich chain out there has hot subs available.  Come on JJ's .... get with the program.  

Glenn

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1