John A - inspired B & G

Author
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
2007/01/14 15:56:04 (permalink)

John A - inspired B & G

Sunday Breakfast for two. (me and my oldest daughter, a veggie head who also doesn't like onions )

Couldn't get her to try the gravy....she doesn't know what she's missing! Anyway, as I said on John's SOS post, I don't see the problem using pre-prepared items if you are happy with the quality and taste of the product.

These biscuits are very good, not as good as a made from scratch biscuit, (but even that depends on how good the person making them is at doing it) but still good enough and a big time/mess saver.

I would have liked to put onions in my home fries, but have to accomodate someone else's taste and didn't feel like making two separate pans. Somehow it all worked and I was fat and happy when all was said and done, who could ask for more?

10 Replies Related Threads

dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/14 16:02:44 (permalink)
    Desert, I totally agree with the biscuts, I buy a similar product. The convenience makes up for any small differences. paired with frozen sausage patties you can go from freezer to brkfst/snack in 15 minutes or less
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8481
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/14 16:10:41 (permalink)
    I,too find the frozen biscuits perfectly acceptable.And boy oh boy,desertdog,what a masterpiece of a breakfast!!!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/14 18:07:35 (permalink)

Nice job! When I do finally have a breakfast (not often) this one would fill the bill nicely!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/14 18:34:57 (permalink)
    I have been staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott for the last six months. Each morning they do a breakfast and the biscuits and gravy are regular. I am not sure what the biscuits are or the brand but they are pretty good.

Each morning they have:

Biscuit
    Gravy
    Scramble eggs
    Waffles
    Boiled eggs
    Cereal
    Jelly
    Breads
    Salsa
    Butter
    Pancakes
    Pork sausage
    Peanut butter

Pretty good for $100 a night. They also have a nightly dinner except for Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2986
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/14 19:21:55 (permalink)
    Desertdog - in the 2nd picture, what is the pan?
    desertdog
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/14 19:36:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ChiTownDiner

Desertdog - in the 2nd picture, what is the pan?

What's IN the pan, or what kind of pan is it?

To answer both, I browned the sausage and had just added flour to make the roux...you see it bubbling nicely in the third picture. The pan is a Calaphan Essentials.
    lunchlady
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/15 00:25:28 (permalink)
    Yep, desertdog, you really know how to do breakfast! That's exactly the way I do it, even down to the frozen biscuits. And the eggs are beautiful!! The first thing I have to do when I get a new cook (I really am a lunch lady; breakfast,too) is make sure they know how to cook scrambled eggs. You wouldn't believe how excited the kiddos get when they come in off the bus and see those lovely fluffy eggs on the line!
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/15 06:18:47 (permalink)
    Gee! you guys are killing me. That sure beats the hell out of my daily rasher of oatmeal and fresh fruit. Yesterday I had to make donuts because of another thread here. My neighbours were happy though.

I love those frozen biscuts, but I don't buy them anymore because I eat them. Chow Jim
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/15 07:03:31 (permalink)
    You did it again DD, home fries without onions " /> oh well, you do what you have to do. We always have a bag of frozen biscuits in the freezer.

John
    desertdog
    RE: John A - inspired B & G 2007/01/15 10:15:51 (permalink)
    Thanks, John...you gotta understand my situation...vegetarian AND has a morbid fear and revulsion of onions! Even the smell... I know, sucks being me...

Hey Jim, This was Monday morning...

Eating right and exercising is something someone should do MOST of the time, not ALL of the time. A book by the guy from Men's Health (THE ABS DIET) steered me in the right direction.

I love food and cooking and you shouldn't give up the things you love, but one has to draw the line. My Dad died at 68 from congestive heart failure, I don't care to go down the same road, so I pick and choose when I allow myself to indulge, then cool it for the rest of the week.

I overdid it this weekend, but today is Monday, it's a new week and it's time to get back on schedule! (Having a wife that is a fitness guru helps...)

DD
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1