Johnny's Pizza in Louisiana

Author
BrewHaHa
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 28
2004/11/21 21:13:49 (permalink)

Johnny's Pizza in Louisiana

Folks in northeast Louisiana are loyal to a local joint called Johnny's. Thin crust made with beer and great sauce. A pizza with everything is called a sweep the kitchen.

2 Replies Related Threads

Rick F.
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1736
    RE: Johnny's Pizza in Louisiana 2004/11/21 23:25:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BrewHaHa

Folks in northeast Louisiana are loyal to a local joint called Johnny's. Thin crust made with beer and great sauce. A pizza with everything is called a sweep the kitchen.
    Where in NE Lousiana? I'm in +/- central, and am always interested in pizza!
    cleveland66
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 129
    RE: Johnny's Pizza in Louisiana 2004/11/22 08:36:19 (permalink)
    Ahhhhhhh...Johnny's Pizza. Johnny's was started in Monroe, LA, and is not bad stuff, but it's not for everyone. It's nothing like the vaunted pizza of the northeast U.S., but it doesn't have much in common with it's Big Chain cousins, either. The crust is, indeed, made with a bit of beer, and cooked up to a chewy (not really airy, and doughy like the big guys) finish. The sauce is not so different than most smaller pizza places I've been to, but they use an over-abundance of it. Toppings range from plain old mozzarella, to andouille sausage. The Sweep The Kitchen is their "all in" version, and the Sweep The Swamp is a variation that includes shrimp, crawfish tails, and the aforementioned andouille.

Johnny's may be an acquired taste, or just something we locals can stomach because of proximity.

RickF, if you make Ruston anytime soon, I'll buy the 14" cheese, and the first pitcher of beer.

www.johnnys-pizza.com
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1