Author
appsolutionsinc
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
Flagged as Spam (1)
2014/02/24 22:19:41 (permalink)

Just wanted to introduce myself!

Hey restaurant pros!
I'm new to the forums here and just wanted to introduce myself briefly. I'm very active in the restaurant community (especially in the NJ/NYC area) working with owners to promote their businesses via mobile devices and online. I'm extremely passionate about food and technology so I've found a cool way to mesh the two! My latest obsession is specialty gourmet food trucks…they're popping up everywhere and I think they're changing the game. 
I look forward to chatting with all of you. Cheers!

Andy G. 
Hungry Town USA
App Solutions, Inc. 
post edited by appsolutionsinc - 2014/02/24 22:22:42

9 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10353
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/24 22:46:54 (permalink)
    Yep, I flagged it. Not because "Andy" couldn't help someone on here but to point out that perhaps there should be a place for this kind of a post in a New Forum Titled, "Food Related Products and Services to help Roadfood Business Members.
    We need some new thinking on this subject. In the past, there have been several vendors that presented reasonable products & services that have been flagged only because of the "Self Promotion" policy in effect.
    Granted, many have been SPAM like the UK Kitchen idiots and others and it would need to be policed but some might just be helpful to members.
    appsolutionsinc
    Junior Burger
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/25 11:04:18 (permalink)
    My apologies if this came off as self promotion. It served as a legitimate intro to the community while expressing the work I'm passionate about. If someone happens to be interested in what I do, then great. I'd be happy to talk about it. But I never made direct mention of my business in the post to be courteous to the rules of the forum. My apologies if that's how it came across. 

Andy G.  
    Hungry Town USA 
    App Solutions, Inc.
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4120
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/25 12:55:03 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood, Andy. Best way to fit in is to tell us about your favorite places, foods, beverages, etc. I've never been to New Jersy......what's your local diner specialty?
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10353
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/25 18:04:20 (permalink)
    appsolutionsinc
    My apologies if this came off as self promotion. It served as a legitimate intro to the community while expressing the work I'm passionate about. If someone happens to be interested in what I do, then great. I'd be happy to talk about it. But I never made direct mention of my business in the post to be courteous to the rules of the forum. My apologies if that's how it came across. 
    Andy G.  
    Hungry Town USA 
    App Solutions, Inc.

No need to apologize since I was just using your post as an example to the powers that be that set the policies on here that there needs to be some modification to the current policies in place
    Welcome to Roadfood.
    appsolutionsinc
    Junior Burger
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/25 21:02:51 (permalink)
    Okay cool, thanks for the welcome! Yes, I'm very active in the restaurant space as a loyal customer and as a partner. 

Edsails, I'm not a big diner guy believe it or not which is strange being NJ born and raised. I personally love all the gourmet food trucks that are popping up. I'm in northeast NJ near NYC so we have that influence. I would say my favorite food truck is Hunger Construction based in Montclair, NJ. They hollow out a baked potato and fill it with every type of food imaginable…bacon, sausage, nathan's hotdogs, sauerkraut, you name it. 

Foodbme, I gotcha, no hard feelings. I came to this forum as a lover of food culture and as a business partner to many restauranteurs. I'd love to build relationships here, personal and business-oriented.  :)
    harriet1954
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1165
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/26 15:56:48 (permalink)
    Why is someone flagging every single post this individual is making? Whoever's doing it needs to grow up! Every single post? Does he seem like a spammer? Why don't you confront him if you feel the need to flag every post? Or message him? Spammers are usually not 1000% proficient in sentence structure and use of the English language, and I think appsolutions is. Never mind the name -  keep an open mind! And before anyone tries to break down exactly what spam is on here, keep in mind I've been on Roadfood (without the need to post 8 million times) just about 11 years now. Stop trying to drive him away!
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4120
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/26 16:44:54 (permalink)
    harriet1954

Why is someone flagging every single post this individual is making? Whoever's doing it needs to grow up! Every single post? Does he seem like a spammer? Why don't you confront him if you feel the need to flag every post? Or message him? Spammers are usually not 1000% proficient in sentence structure and use of the English language, and I think appsolutions is. Never mind the name -  keep an open mind! And before anyone tries to break down exactly what spam is on here, keep in mind I've been on Roadfood (without the need to post 8 million times) just about 11 years now. Stop trying to drive him away!

I agree, harriet. There have been several LEGITIMATE new posters in the last few months that have gotten flagged immediately. Andy here posted in the right forum and I think he has the ability to be a good poster. Someone posted about a popcorn place and got flagged, with things only calming down when BB said he had heard the place was good too. It's one thing to flag the CVV spammers and the blatant salespeople, but to flag everyone is ridiculous. Roadfood really needs fresh input from new people and it's not going to happen if someone flags every new poster. Come on, people, be a little welcoming-----if someone proves themselves over a few post to be a spammer than flag away, but stop flagging every new members first posts!
    Midnights
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/26 17:51:12 (permalink)
    I was wondering the exact same thing. I understand the need to cut down SPAMmers, but it seems like many of the things that are flagged are legitimate attempts at participating in the community.
    appsolutionsinc
    Junior Burger
    Re:Just wanted to introduce myself! 2014/02/27 15:09:46 (permalink)
    Thanks for the support folks. Not sure why all my posts are getting flagged either. I know forums tend to be very non-inclusive but that's okay. Everyone comes onto a forum with a motive…whether it be to make "friends", share info/expertise, build relationships, etc. 

I'm here to network, meet people, and talk about what I love to do which is food/drink and work with restaurants to make them better. Not such a bad thing I suppose…if I keep getting flagged then I suppose to I'll see myself out the door lol. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1