The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES

Killer Michael

• Total Posts: 9
KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Tue, 05/26/09 2:53 PM (permalink)
KILLER SEAFOOD IN MEXICO BEACH FLORIDA HAS BEEN NAMED BY COASTAL LIVING MAGAZINE AS ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES IN THEIR ANNUAL LIST.  ONE OF 6 RESTAURANTS NAMED FROM THE STATE OF FLORIDA, KILLER SEAFOOD IS A ROADFOOD.COM APPROVED, ENDORSED & REVIEWED RESTAURANT.  TO READ THE REVIEW, CLICK ON THIS LINK. http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/5177/killer-seafood

FOR THE COMPLETE STORY & LIST CLICK ON THIS LINK
http://www.coastalliving.com/travel/lodging-dining/best-seafood-dives-00400000044186/

KILLER SEAFOOD IS ALSO REVIEWED BY WANDERING JEW & CAJUN KING IN THEIR TRIP REPORTS.
Attached Image(s)

MiamiDon

Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Tue, 05/26/09 3:42 PM (permalink)

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
      Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Tue, 05/26/09 3:49 PM (permalink)
      Congrats Michael! 

Any accolades coming your way are well-deserved.

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
        Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Tue, 05/26/09 6:28 PM (permalink)
        sorry I couldn't navigate either site. I'm really not computer literate.
        congrats Mike. hope you'll become a regular contributer to the site & not just a business owner blowing his own horn over a good review & disappearing.
        if I'm down that way I'll stop in. 

Tumbleweed365

• Total Posts: 178
          Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Tue, 05/26/09 9:25 PM (permalink)
          The only thing more fantastic than the food, are the super folks that run the restaurant.

Congrats, you deserve it !

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
            Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Wed, 05/27/09 12:05 PM (permalink)
            Well, by my count Killer Seafood is one of 27 repeat Twenty Seven restaurants listed as a Florida seafood dive by Coastal Living magazine. If you click on the magazine's 2009 tab and click through to Florida, they only list the Phillippi Creek Village Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Sarasota. You have to click on the Southeast tab, and go to page two, to see the listing for Killer Seafood.

I don't give a lot of weight to these "Best Pizza in the Valley" articles in lifestyles magazines. But, CajunKing's review carries a lot more weight with me.

And Michael, congratulations on being named as a seafood restaurant by the Mexico Beach, Florida phone book.

Sundancer7

Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Wed, 05/27/09 12:29 PM (permalink)
              Several of us Roadfooders met there about a year and a half ago before our Mobile Glee Club meeting.

I sure did enjoy their oysters.

Paul E. Smith
              Knoxville, TN

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Wed, 05/27/09 12:45 PM (permalink)
                I enjoyed my entire meal there last year.
                (Paul- don't rush this year too far ahead- it was only 15 months ago!)

Probably some of the best Hushpuppies I've ever had and I would up the Key Lime Pie in the same league as the one served at Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach.

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                  Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Fri, 05/29/09 1:42 PM (permalink)
                  David_NYC

If you click on the magazine's 2009 tab and click through to Florida, they only list the Phillippi Creek Village Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Sarasota. You have to click on the Southeast tab, and go to page two, to see the listing for Killer Seafood.

A word of warning on the list...I clicked thru to check out the places on the east coast of FL. The list contains Chowders in Rockledge, FL, which is about a mile from our house. The only problem is that it closed over 6 months ago & a completely different type of restaurant now occupies that space. I'd call ahead before I headed to anyplace on the list.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Fri, 05/29/09 2:00 PM (permalink)
                    That's good advice for any traveling Roadfooder...call ahead  !!!

Killer Michael

Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Fri, 05/29/09 3:34 PM (permalink)
                      Thanks for the replies from all of you.  Especially the ones of you who have enjoyed our food.

Regarding the post from David_NYC, way to harsh my mellow!  OK I guess I shoud have said 1 of 6 named THIS year.  But even so, I'll take 1 in 27 named in the entire article.  Oh, and we are also listed in the Panama City and Port St. Joe phone book under "seafood restaurants!

All kidding aside, I do understand your reticence to rely on magazine reviews.  Thanks for reading Cajun King's review though.  He is a valued customer and friend of Killer Seafood.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Fri, 05/29/09 7:24 PM (permalink)
                        Killer Mike

Donald (Cajun King) knows when to call a shrimp a Prawn, etc etc I trust his reviews BIGTIME. We'll get there, camera in hand, this year for sure !

Killer Michael

Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Fri, 05/29/09 11:31 PM (permalink)
                          Thanks, mayor al.  Look forward to seeing you here.  Even better if it times out with a visit from Donald! 

londonbroil

• Total Posts: 2
                            Re:KILLER SEAFOOD NAMED ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST SEAFOOD DIVES Sun, 05/31/09 8:53 PM (permalink)
                            Our thanks to Billyboy for his report : A meat filled weekend in Syracuse. The great feedback was a huge lift to the staff. Thanks again Billyboy.  Frank Pompo owner Second North Deli, Syracuse.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                              • Read Message
                              • Post New Thread
                              • Reply to message
                              • Post New Poll
                              • Submit Vote
                              • Post reward post
                              • Delete my own posts
                              • Delete my own threads
                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com