The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Kansas City and Iowa Road Trip - rest of the trip posted!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35
zataar

• Total Posts: 1440
Re:Kansas City and Iowa Road Trip - part 1 Wed, 09/9/09 1:50 PM (permalink)
I love seeing other's impression of my town. That was a wonderful report. The library facade is actually the parking lot. Did you go into the library? It is wonderful. It used to be a bank and when it was restored for the library lots of the marble, wood and bronze was left intact. The vault in the basement is a small theatre where movies are shown free of charge. We're in that library several times a week. 

We are not, on the other hand, in LC's, Stroud's or Oklahoma Joe's several times a week! We would if we had no self control.

TnTinCT

Re:Kansas City and Iowa Road Trip - part 1 Wed, 09/9/09 1:59 PM (permalink)
    zataar

I love seeing other's impression of my town. That was a wonderful report. The library facade is actually the parking lot. Did you go into the library? It is wonderful. It used to be a bank and when it was restored for the library lots of the marble, wood and bronze was left intact. The vault in the basement is a small theatre where movies are shown free of charge. We're in that library several times a week. 

We are not, on the other hand, in LC's, Stroud's or Oklahoma Joe's several times a week! We would if we had no self control.

I truly admire your self control - especially the Stroud's chicken, I'd probably be there once a week if I lived nearby.

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
      Re:Kansas City and Iowa Road Trip - part 1 Wed, 09/9/09 9:48 PM (permalink)
      Terri, here are my MN State Fair pics:http://www.flickr.com/pho...ets/72157622199444205/  I invite you to giggle at the similarities.

TnTinCT

Re:Kansas City and Iowa Road Trip - part 1 Wed, 09/9/09 10:00 PM (permalink)
        Nancypalooza

Terri, here are my MN State Fair pics:http://www.flickr.com/pho...ets/72157622199444205/  I invite you to giggle at the similarities.

LOL - ok - huge vegetables, butter sculptures, food on a stick.  But - the seed art - how cool was that?? You have to love a state fair.

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
          Re:Kansas City and Iowa Road Trip - part 1 Thu, 09/10/09 7:38 AM (permalink)
          You did have a whole butter cow--that was awesome.  I did love the seed art, and it never fails to amuse me greatly.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com