Kansas Weekend

Author
Sfreader
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 503
2007/09/21 15:00:51 (permalink)

Kansas Weekend

This past weekend I visited the Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield Kansas and the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson. I highly recommend Winfield to anyone who likes acoustic music. I will definitely go there again.

Along the way I visited 4 restaurants that I recommend for Road Food:

Prairie Nut Hut in Altoona: Little old bar & grill with peanut shells on the floor and mountain oysters on the table.

Tri-Mee Drive In in Fredonia: Serves a "beefburger" which is like a pate.

Burger Station in Winfield: Little 55 year old restaurant that serves only burgers and chile to go.

Strouds in Wichita: On my second visit to this family style restaurant in a 1930s' barn, it is still every bit as good as the Missouri Strouds.

Keith

2 Replies Related Threads

Rusty246
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2413
    RE: Kansas Weekend 2007/09/21 15:25:26 (permalink)
    Keith:

I decided I'd "go along" with you on some of your other trips. I see you came to Gainesville! Isn't the Ichetucknee River beautiful!? Devil's Millhopper(I live about 2 miles from there)is nothing to sneeze at either. Back when I was little you could actually go down to the bottom and dig for sharks teeth. We are truly blessed with alot of beautiful rivers and springs here.
    Sfreader
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: Kansas Weekend 2007/09/21 15:48:18 (permalink)
    Yes that area is spectacular! Sorry, that trip was before I went to quality cameras.

I've been meaning to do another tour with Bike Florida some year, but my friends from Gainesville have been traveling to other places on those dates, and I don't care to do that trip alone.

Just checked and I see that next Spring's route is Clearwater to Fanning Springs. Looks great, but I think my vacation days are all taken next year.

Keith
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1