Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA

Author
Tommy B
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 144
  • Joined: 2001/12/21 07:15:00
  • Location: Parsippany, NJ
  • Status: offline
2008/12/03 10:11:13 (permalink)

Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA

On my way for a couple slices now...


Have you ever had Kasas?


Which location?



This is a picture of a pie coming out of their oven...

#1

23 Replies Related Threads

    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
    • Location: Crofton, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 11:36:41 (permalink)
    another picture that perfectly shows NE Penna Pizza.
    Awful, just awful. (IMO)
    Sticky bready dough, (hunts) ketchup tomato paste, american cheese in the shape of provolone or mozzarella.

    (yes, I know, I've clearly made up my mind on this type of pizza - Senape's, Old Forge, etc.)

    however, I did find a decent NY Style pizza shop in Schuylkill Mall in Fracksville, that isn't half bad, in fact, it's more than half good!

    but you can take my review of NE PA Style Pizza with a grain of salt, I simply don't care for that style of pizza - I know the residents, especially those who grew up on it, love it.

    My last meal in Frackville, though, was a decent lunch at the Dutch Kitchen. The pizza place doesn't have a baby changing station in either restroom - which is a must at the present time.



    #2
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4512
    • Joined: 2006/01/17 17:33:00
    • Location: Pittston, PA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 12:07:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

    another picture that perfectly shows NE Penna Pizza.
    Awful, just awful. (IMO)
    Sticky bready dough, (hunts) ketchup tomato paste, american cheese in the shape of provolone or mozzarella.

    (yes, I know, I've clearly made up my mind on this type of pizza - Senape's, Old Forge, etc.)

    however, I did find a decent NY Style pizza shop in Schuylkill Mall in Fracksville, that isn't half bad, in fact, it's more than half good!

    but you can take my review of NE PA Style Pizza with a grain of salt, I simply don't care for that style of pizza - I know the residents, especially those who grew up on it, love it.

    My last meal in Frackville, though, was a decent lunch at the Dutch Kitchen. The pizza place doesn't have a baby changing station in either restroom - which is a must at the present time.



    That's it Scorereader, I've had enough of you puttin' down my area.

    Next time you come through here, like it or not, you're my guest. If I can't change your mind.....well what's one more "Crow Dinner".

    Seriously, next time you are passing through, let me know. I know I could win you over.

    #3
    NJskeeter
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 14
    • Joined: 2007/08/30 01:58:00
    • Location: Watchung, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 12:15:30 (permalink)
    That pie looks like it could use at least another 5 minutes in the oven. I was never a fan of PA pizza either. I have cousins who live way up in Wyoming county and when I was a kid and visited them we all used to get pizza and I was shocked when this big square thing was in the box that tasted like Elio's. I do like that white pizza they sell at supermarkets and gas stations up there though. Think it's just cheese, garlic, and some spices. Haven't had that in about 15 years though.
    #4
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5044
    • Joined: 2006/04/15 23:17:00
    • Location: "Big D"
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 12:25:24 (permalink)
    I would imagine, if you lived in that part of PA and didn't get out much, You would really appreciate that (any) pie. Gotta be better than frozen. Right?
    Personally, I think it looks pretty good. But, the proof is in the tasting.
    #5
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
    • Location: Crofton, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 13:47:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by joerogo

    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

    another picture that perfectly shows NE Penna Pizza.
    Awful, just awful. (IMO)
    Sticky bready dough, (hunts) ketchup tomato paste, american cheese in the shape of provolone or mozzarella.

    (yes, I know, I've clearly made up my mind on this type of pizza - Senape's, Old Forge, etc.)

    however, I did find a decent NY Style pizza shop in Schuylkill Mall in Fracksville, that isn't half bad, in fact, it's more than half good!

    but you can take my review of NE PA Style Pizza with a grain of salt, I simply don't care for that style of pizza - I know the residents, especially those who grew up on it, love it.

    My last meal in Frackville, though, was a decent lunch at the Dutch Kitchen. The pizza place doesn't have a baby changing station in either restroom - which is a must at the present time.



    That's it Scorereader, I've had enough of you puttin' down my area.

    Next time you come through here, like it or not, you're my guest. If I can't change your mind.....well what's one more "Crow Dinner".

    Seriously, next time you are passing through, let me know. I know I could win you over.



    Sure! but first, I've got to find that Anthracite Cafe in Wilkes-Barre. This Dumb-dumb (I) forgot the print out containing the address. All I remembered was Scott St and roughly where Scott Street was located I was drinvng up and down the 100-300 block -which yielded a (closed) mom and pop diner, but not Anthracite. I now know, it's on the 800 block of Scott Street NORTH of 309.

    My last taste of PA-style pizza was in Moosic. Ecchhh.
    But, hey, I'm not one to say no to an offer.

    #6
    Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2973
    • Joined: 2004/05/26 23:44:00
    • Location: Mountain Top, PA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 16:42:23 (permalink)
    Score, you were all the way down at the other end, yes! When you make it to Anthracite, please tell them that you are from out of town and found out about them through RoadFood.

    There's no way to tell just by looking if that is Old Forge style, or Sicilian. Remember that Stroudsburg is right on the PA/NJ border, and has a large population of NYC transplants. I would bet it's more like Sicilian.

    Senape's and Old Forge are pretty different, IMO. But I could see haow if you didn't like one, you wouldn't like the other, either.

    The best pizza I've had in Wilkes-Barre is in the Wyoming Valley Mall, at Dino's. They also have a branch in the Laurel Mall (Hazleton) and one of the Scranton Malls; maybe they have one in Frackville, too?
    #7
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    • Joined: 2007/08/16 17:35:00
    • Location: brick, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 17:00:20 (permalink)
    The dough on that pie looks too light and fluffy.....looks too commercial to me...or too much like a chain pie!!!!!
    #8
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4512
    • Joined: 2006/01/17 17:33:00
    • Location: Pittston, PA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 17:32:04 (permalink)
    Mosca, The problem with Scorereader's opinion of our pizza is that he stopped at a place in Moosic, Pa. It's an official Roadfood stop, reviewed by Michael Stern. For the life of me I don't understand it's rise to prominence. I guess everyone has a bad day.

    A lot of people try to capitalize on the Old Forge name. Most don't last too long. Same routine. They go to Augustini's and buy pizza shells, add toppings and call it Old Forge Pizza.

    But given the chance I plan on changing Scorereader into an Old Forge Pizza Lover.
    #9
    Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2973
    • Joined: 2004/05/26 23:44:00
    • Location: Mountain Top, PA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 18:08:26 (permalink)
    joerogo, is it just me, or do you think A&G's pizza has gone downhill precipitously over the last couple years?
    #10
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3710
    • Joined: 2005/11/30 08:54:00
    • Location: Marriottsville, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/03 19:00:44 (permalink)
    I love the thin crust simple New York style pizzas but have to admit that I really enjoy Old Forge pizza so much. It may be thicker but the crust is wonderful and the light sauce and the wonderful cheeses are outstanding.
    #11
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 983
    • Joined: 2006/02/26 21:40:00
    • Location: Topeka, KS
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/04 09:59:53 (permalink)
    What in the world is "Kansas" pizza?
    Why would you name a pizza after a place where they have no concept of what pizza is?
    As far as I know, "Kansas" pizza is Pizza Hut, which started up in Wichita.

    I've lived in Kansas for 20 years, and, as a native New Yorker, can tell you that pizza here is either chain or frozen.
    #12
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    • Joined: 2007/08/16 17:35:00
    • Location: brick, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/04 10:14:18 (permalink)
    mY WIFE LIVED IN kANSAS BEFORE WE WERE MARRIED...HAD great BARBECUE AND STEAK...BUT not PIZZA!!!!
    #13
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4512
    • Joined: 2006/01/17 17:33:00
    • Location: Pittston, PA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/04 10:45:25 (permalink)
    Mosca, I was never a big A&G fan. After Ghig's I would choose Revello's.

    Greymo, What places did you hit in OF?
    #14
    collinf
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 163
    • Joined: 2008/10/10 16:36:00
    • Location: Shawnee, KS
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/04 11:13:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Niagara

    What in the world is "Kansas" pizza?
    Why would you name a pizza after a place where they have no concept of what pizza is?
    As far as I know, "Kansas" pizza is Pizza Hut, which started up in Wichita.

    I've lived in Kansas for 20 years, and, as a native New Yorker, can tell you that pizza here is either chain or frozen.


    Niagara, where in Kansas do you live?
    #15
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 983
    • Joined: 2006/02/26 21:40:00
    • Location: Topeka, KS
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/04 16:43:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by collinf

    quote:
    Originally posted by Niagara

    What in the world is "Kansas" pizza?
    Why would you name a pizza after a place where they have no concept of what pizza is?
    As far as I know, "Kansas" pizza is Pizza Hut, which started up in Wichita.

    I've lived in Kansas for 20 years, and, as a native New Yorker, can tell you that pizza here is either chain or frozen.


    Niagara, where in Kansas do you live?


    Topeka
    #16
    collinf
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 163
    • Joined: 2008/10/10 16:36:00
    • Location: Shawnee, KS
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/05 14:50:54 (permalink)
    Niagara:

    Ahhhh, now I understand.

    I would not claim they are the best pizzas I have ever had, but if you ever get to the Kansas City area, try Mafia Mike's in Lenexa, KS or d'Bronx in Overland Park, KS and let us all know what you think. They are both certainly better than Pizza Slut or Domi-blows.

    As for PA pizza, I have heard of Old Forge with good reviews but have never been. I would love to try a whirlwind pizza tour of the US some time.
    #17
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
    • Location: Crofton, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/05 15:35:19 (permalink)
    THIS is sicilian pizza:





    not that fluffy stuff. Notice, sicilian pizza still has a crust, not inflated bread. Not really like the pizza pictured above.

    this is Old Forge pizza:


    very similar to the pizza pictured above.

    #18
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
    • Location: Crofton, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/05 15:44:45 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Niagara

    What in the world is "Kansas" pizza?
    Why would you name a pizza after a place where they have no concept of what pizza is?
    As far as I know, "Kansas" pizza is Pizza Hut, which started up in Wichita.

    I've lived in Kansas for 20 years, and, as a native New Yorker, can tell you that pizza here is either chain or frozen.


    Kasa's, not Kansas

    no "n"

    #19
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
    • Location: Crofton, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/05 15:46:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by leethebard

    mY WIFE LIVED IN kANSAS BEFORE WE WERE MARRIED...HAD great BARBECUE AND STEAK...BUT not PIZZA!!!!


    problem with your all-caps button?

    #20
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5044
    • Joined: 2006/04/15 23:17:00
    • Location: "Big D"
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/05 16:00:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

    quote:
    Originally posted by leethebard

    mY WIFE LIVED IN kANSAS BEFORE WE WERE MARRIED...HAD great BARBECUE AND STEAK...BUT not PIZZA!!!!


    problem with your all-caps button?




    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
    #21
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 983
    • Joined: 2006/02/26 21:40:00
    • Location: Topeka, KS
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/05 17:22:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by collinf

    Niagara:

    Ahhhh, now I understand.

    I would not claim they are the best pizzas I have ever had, but if you ever get to the Kansas City area, try Mafia Mike's in Lenexa, KS or d'Bronx in Overland Park, KS and let us all know what you think. They are both certainly better than Pizza Slut or Domi-blows.

    As for PA pizza, I have heard of Old Forge with good reviews but have never been. I would love to try a whirlwind pizza tour of the US some time.


    Collinf-

    I've been to d'Bronx, and it was very good NY style pizza, but it was about a block across State Line Road into Missouri, on 39th Street, near KU Med, and the other location I ate at was in Crown Center, also in MO - I didn't know they had a location in O.P.

    Where in Lenexa is Mafia Mike's? I was just in JOCO about 2 weeks ago to do some Christmas shopping at Oak Park Mall.
    #22
    jchgh2
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Joined: 2008/12/30 11:50:00
    • Location: OP, KS
    • Status: offline
    RE: Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2008/12/30 12:18:49 (permalink)
    I see people recommend Mafia Mike's, but I think it is pretty terrible.  It reminds me, somewhat, of Papa Johns or some other chain style pizza.  I've had it twice and was disappointed twice, but hey, that was just the lunch buffet...may not truly reflect their product.  Anyway, it is on 87th Street at about Lackman.

    Now, for NY Style, I think Original Pizza is most similar to what I had in NY (the one time I went 7 yrs ago)

    Another NY Style pizza place is Italian Delight in the Johnson Dr. & Metcalf area.
    #23
    Darkeklaw
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Joined: 2010/04/22 15:24:00
    • Location: Long Pond, PA
    • Status: offline
    Re:Kasas Pizza in Stroudsburg, PA 2010/04/22 15:40:10 (permalink)
    The great thing about Kasa's is they have "Sicilian, Old Forge, and New York" Style pizza's.  Although I have had New York Style Pizza from NYC before and there's just a slightly different taste to real NY Pizza (Something to do with NYC water.)  The Kasa's I frequent is the Stroudburg's owners BROTHER'S Store, which also has a taco bell in it.  The Stroudburg store is popular because it is pretty much OC for ESU Students, and it's also right there next to the Hospital, so it gets alot of business from Doctors and Nurses.... 

    It's good pizza, but then again everyone has their own tastes in what they want.  And yes sometimes Kasa's in Stroudburg pulls their pies out too early....


    Just remember there are as many types of pizza as there are Italian mothers :)
    post edited by Darkeklaw - 2010/04/22 15:44:23
    #24
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1