Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina

Author
Davidsanders
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 241
2014/08/22 00:26:58 (permalink)

Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina

I'll be reporting on Kelly's when I do the report on my trip this week, but I just wanted to add it to the BBQ Forum as well.

Kelly's is a wonderful South Carolina barbecue buffet restaurant. There are so many choices of sides, and they all seemed fresh. They also have pork, fried chicken, barbecue chicken, and an entire bin full of cracklings. The food is succulent. There must be 25 different choices of vegetables and salads, plus several good looking desserts. I was happy to be there on the day of the week (Wednesdays) that they have ribs, which I really enjoyed. They are quite well cooked, and very chewy.

My first plate

My second plate

Nice dining room

A little dessert

A nice shirt. They wouldn't take any money for it, I think because I was so effusive in my praise for the dinner.

6 Replies Related Threads

JayL
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    Re: Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina 2014/08/22 21:19:37 (permalink)
    Just goes to show...we all have differing opinions.

I wouldn't spend a plug nickle in that place.  Gross.

Glad you enjoyed it.
    JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2783
    Re: Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina 2014/08/23 08:21:35 (permalink)
    David,

Thanks for the Roadfood review. I appreciate all of your reports.

Jim
    Davidsanders
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 241
    Re: Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina 2014/08/23 08:24:22 (permalink)
    JayL
    Just goes to show...we all have differing opinions.

I wouldn't spend a plug nickle in that place.  Gross.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to ask. Is it the pictures that look gross to you, or have you been there and hated the food?

David
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3756
    Re: Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina 2014/08/23 17:55:07 (permalink)
    Just a couple of months ago, my family went there.  I do not do buffets, so dropped them off and went to some hot dog place and got a couple of dogs, drove back to  Kelly's and ate my hot dogs and read. 

They were perfectly happy with the place.  They declared it as not outstanding but quite good  and raved about the collard greens. 
    JayL
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    Re: Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina 2014/08/23 23:01:31 (permalink)
    Not your pictures...been and never have been back. 

Glad you enjoyed it.
    Heartbreaksoup
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 475
    Re: Kelly's Barbecue in Summerville, South Carolina 2014/08/25 14:49:11 (permalink)
    If my limited experience with the BBQ buffets of South Carolina has taught me anything, it's *get there when they open*.  If you want the meat before it gets that wet and greasy steam-tray taste, you have to get it out of the steam tray pronto.  An exception can probably be made for Shealy's in Batesburg-Leesville, where they seem to be constantly bringing out more pork, and where a sandwich that I had around 4 pm was still pretty awesome.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1