Kenneth Lay

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
prisonchef
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 296
RE: Kenneth Lay 2006/07/17 17:13:55 (permalink)
this gives me hope that che still lives!!!!!
at least che was honest.
when i was much younger there were 2 books i carried and those gave the navy a bit of a problem
moa's little red book
and
che's book on guerrilla warfare
made sense to me the other side had them.
but lay is scum and i have only called one other man that in my life. the pity is he bred and passed his defective genes along further polluting the human gene pool.
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3160
RE: Kenneth Lay 2006/07/17 18:54:17 (permalink)
Saps,
thanks for the thoughtful response. I obviously don't agree but a pleasant argument is good for all. When Jimmy Carter was in, Iran was our enemy. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". We used Saddam and even supplied some of the tools he used on his own people, much as we supplied Osama with RPG's when he was attacking the Soviets. Yes I was paying attention back then. I didn't think much of Clinton, but when his regime had the transition to the current one, he had his people impress upon the Bushies that Osama and Al-Qaeda was the gravest threat to America. Their warnings were waved off. I'm not clear where the "Liberals" waited for the first punch. When Clinton attacked Osama he was widely criticized by the neo-Cons (now in power) that it was to take the newspaper attention off of Monica. "Wag The Dog" ring a bell? Regardless, we all want to fight terrorism and Osama was the figurehead terrorist leader so I still hope he can join his brothers in hell (and sooner more than later). Ciao,
Mike
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1563
RE: Kenneth Lay 2006/07/17 20:51:57 (permalink)
A big part of the problem is the polarization between the parties and the use of generalizations to classify libs and conservatives (as I just did in my above post). I'm not enamored of Bush, but I think he is media-assaulted for everything that he does. I think every President after this will be as well (regardless of being Dem or Rep). Right now, there is quite a lack of respect for the office of President itself. Neither Clinton nor Bush have helped that, but I'll give Clinton his kudos for his savvy and his ability to carry himself in a "presidential" manner, which is important in our media driven society.

You're right- we are in a rut with this war, and who knows how we get out. You certainly can't install a democracy. It's a process of acculturation and understanding, and a fairly long one at that. You have to have the ideological infrastructure to support it initially. That's why China has been taking such a long time in it's transition, among other reasons. Hell, Russia wanted a capitalist driven society and they are still struggling with it.

Always did get a kick out of the idea that Clinton attacked Osama because of the Lewinsky thing.

I also think that former Illinois senator Dan Rostenkowski killed O.J. Simpson's wife and then framed him for the murder to deflect attention to his improprieties.

Saps

MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3160
RE: Kenneth Lay 2006/07/17 20:59:56 (permalink)
quote:
I also think that former Illinois senator Dan Rostenkowski killed O.J. Simpson's wife and then framed him for the murder to deflect attention to his improprieties.Saps

You too???
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1