Kennys Restaurant Vanceburg kentucky

Author
raisedin99
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/05/18 22:16:01 (permalink)

Kennys Restaurant Vanceburg kentucky

Being retired affords us the opportunity get up in the morning and just take off for a drive. About 3 weeks ago we happened to be in Northern Kentucky and had stopped for a cool drink, I asked the lady that ran the quick stop if there was a good mom & pop  eatery near our current location, her reply was you need to go to Kenny's and gave me directions to the big blue two story house located at 255 Second Street in Vanceburg Kentucky.

We went to Kenny's walked in and was warmly greeted by both the waitress and the lady doing the cooking who were recovering after the noon time rush. The waitress seated us and asked of our choice of drinks, and told us what was on the buffet that day, fried chicken, beef brisket and baked ham along with a menu. We chose the buffet and she pointed us to another room and said to help ourselves. In the room that I would consider had been a larger pantry when the house was built, we we found sterno fired warmers filled with chicken, brisket and baked ham, along with sweet potato casserole, real mashed potatoes, real milk gravy,mac and cheese, truly seasoned green beans, corn pudding and several other items. And the little dinner rolls about the size of golf balls were out of this world. Everything was homemade. The salad bar is small but I have to admit thats OK for I didn't want to fill up with salad with the like of the meat and vegetable items at hand. All three meats were so equal in great taste it was difficult to decide which one to go after for seconds so I had a little of each again.

Kenny's staff was outstanding, the personal attention that we received while eating was quite up front, the lady who did the cooking came in and told us that she had just ran a mop in the buffet area and for us to be careful that she wouldn't want us to slip and fall, and after we were finished the waitress gave us a history concerning the restaurant. You just don't get this sort of attention in this world today.

If you happen to be in Northern Kentucky do yourselves a favor, the buffet is on Thursdays an Sundays and it is my understanding that they are known for their great steaks. In fact we are making the 150 mile round trip tomorrow for lunch. Check out there web page: kennys-restaurant 

post edited by raisedin99 - 2011/05/19 08:02:45

1 Reply Related Threads

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Kennys Restaurant Vanceburg kentucky 2011/05/19 00:48:24 (permalink)
    Here is their website:
    http://www.kennys-restaurant.com/
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1