Kentucky FRIED Chicken is Back!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Kentucky FRIED Chicken is Back! 2006/07/19 06:39:47 (permalink)
Hello All,
When I was a kid, mom just boiled the chicken to get it done, then took rolled it in flour and
fried it to give it a crust. Tasteless. So the few times we ate KFC was such a treat.
Fast forward 40 yrs. later...I still like the taste of it, but there is something about the KFC
chicken that gives me indigestion and a queasy stomach. Too much fat or the grease they fry it in.
I don't have this problem with other places that serve fried chicken.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
Snowbird
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Kentucky FRIED Chicken is Back! 2006/08/20 12:36:53 (permalink)
I just had KFC last week. We ordered some, brought it home and when we went to eat it we found it was hard, dark and dried out. We tossed it in the garbage.

What happened to that nice golden, tender, moist chicken I was used to eating during the 60's? I wrote the company asking they what the problem was. It will be interesting to see what if anything they have to say.

Oh, and the Colonel himself said after he sold it that the gravy tasted like wallpaper paste to him. They have improved the gravy since then but the chicken has deteriorated.
HollyDolly
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1077
RE: Kentucky FRIED Chicken is Back! 2006/08/21 11:59:12 (permalink)
I haven't eaten there in years.You might try a different KFC.It may depend on management and the cooks and how dedicated they are to turning out a quality product even if it is fast food.Some of these places have mainly kids working them,and a lot could care less about the product than an older employee might.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1