Ketchup on a dog, why not?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
santacruz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 372
RE: Ketchup on a dog, why not? 2004/07/13 15:42:31 (permalink)
Ketchup is okay on hotdogs, but to really give them a kick I put a decent KC barbeque sauce on them.

My favoite dogs are from Troy New York. They are little 3 in. dogs steamed with small steamed bun and a greek type chili sauce with fresh onions and okay MUSTARD, hold the Catsup. These are from a place called HOT DOG Charleys or The Famous Lunch. In the 50's you would order maybe 6 or 8 at a time, the owner would always have on a short sleeve shirt, he would place them on his arms and spread them whith the sauce,onions and mustard. I wonder if that even made them better?
Rex Allen
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Ketchup on a dog, why not? 2004/07/13 17:12:10 (permalink)
Catsup and anything else you want to put on a hot dog is just fine, The more the merrier! Rex in hot, humid, San Diego. By the way anyone who would give away their children is really sick.
Cakes
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 562
RE: Ketchup on a dog, why not? 2004/07/13 17:48:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lunasatic

(1)When viewing someone eating catsup on a hot dog, I'm tempted to ask if they remembered to circumcise it! (Ouch!)
Catsup goes on mediocre french fries (to give 'em some taste)!
Read somewhere that catsup was originated in the 1200's to disguise the taste of "high" meat.

Only a child (or someone with childlike taste) puts ketchup on a hot dog. I honestly believe the only thing (aside from a good hot chili sauce and onions) that you need is a good yellow mustard.

Is it just my imagination or do we have a crop of newbies that have no manners?

Cakes
garykg6
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 358
RE: Ketchup on a dog, why not? 2004/07/13 18:41:55 (permalink)
I believe 'Cakes' has a point...we are here to discuss with others our own tastes,there is,or shouldn't be, any standard or high bar to these discussions, it's supposed to be FUN!!!!!

you want ketchup? fine with me and that goes for anything else(with the possible exception of that infamous Minnesota fish concoction,ludefish(sic)
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: Ketchup on a dog, why not? 2004/07/13 19:22:46 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by garykg6

I believe 'Cakes' has a point...we are here to discuss with others our own tastes,there is,or shouldn't be, any standard or high bar to these discussions, it's supposed to be FUN!!!!!

you want ketchup? fine with me and that goes for anything else(with the possible exception of that infamous Minnesota fish concoction,ludefish(sic)

Of course, there is that canned fermented fish available over in Scandinavian countries (fermented Herring?). The brand name alludes moi. I am told you must eat same outside, as if you don't your abode will smell of; well, guess...
Marco
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Ketchup on a dog, why not? 2004/07/14 01:02:07 (permalink)
I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by my post and name calling was definitely not intended. Actually, it was an opinion, not an insult.

Being a newbie, I don't want to start out on the wrong foot with the folks on this board. I'm here for the same reason as everyone else, to discuss food.

My apologies to those who may have objected to my unfortunate choice of words.

I'll conclude by saying "don't pass the catsup!"
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1