The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Ketchup on a hot dog

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 13, messages 151 to 180 of 381
PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Wed, 03/5/08 2:07 PM (permalink)
Thanks Don, for posting the Puka Dog thing! I did not know they had a veggie dog. I think they need a salt water fish dog of some kind. And a chicken dog. It's that chicken goes w/ fruit thing.
Joe

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
    RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Wed, 03/5/08 3:40 PM (permalink)
    I can't believe they don't offer a Spam Dog.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
      RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Wed, 03/5/08 3:56 PM (permalink)
      I think I could make up the wierdest hot dog you can imagine and somehow in 15 minutes MiamiDon would publish a photo.

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Wed, 03/5/08 4:07 PM (permalink)
        Russ, try boiling a skinless Nathan's in Shiner Bock beer. The last batch I made never made the buns. Oh, it helps to drink a Shiner while their cookingy

Milw, Puka is trying to be unique. Spam dogs are everywhere in Hiwaii, arnt they?

Joe, that's why we need Don around here! And, he says some smart things sometimes.
        Joe

MiamiDon

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Wed, 03/5/08 9:41 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by joerogo

I think I could make up the wierdest hot dog you can imagine and somehow in 15 minutes MiamiDon would publish a photo.

Do it, dude!

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
            RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:25 AM (permalink)
            On last night's hotdog paradise show on the travel channel,I was pleased to see that so many Hot dog places actually refuse to have Ketchup on the premisis!!!Let that quality flavor come through!!!!

MilwFoodlovers

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:51 AM (permalink)
              Geez Louise, no wonder we'll never see world peace

For the record, I don't put catsup/ketchup or mustard on a dog.

jimsock9

• Total Posts: 285
                RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 8:43 AM (permalink)
                Anyone that has a business that sells hot dogs and doesn't have ketchup available for all the millions and millions of ketchup lovers is a complete moron.

porkbeaks

• Total Posts: 2201
                  RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 9:02 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by jimsock9

Anyone that has a business that sells hot dogs and doesn't have ketchup available for all the millions and millions of ketchup lovers is a complete moron.

Anyone who makes such a blanket statement is also a moron. pb

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 9:13 AM (permalink)
                    Want world peace, make sure everyone has a hot dog!

I watched the Travel Channel hot dog show last night. One place would not put ketchup on your dog, but they had it. You must put it on yourself though. That seams fair to me. Problem solved! Or.....
                    Joe

jimsock9

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 9:25 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by porkbeaks

quote:

Anyone who makes such a blanket statement is also a moron. pb

Now, now, pb, I merely made a statement about a very bad business decision. No need to insult me. It's not like I said anything about
                      "low IQ webtv users" or anything.........

NebGuy

• Total Posts: 875
                        RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 9:36 AM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by MiamiDon

quote:

Do it, dude!

I'm thinking a corn dog. Split and grilled. On a toasted bun. With a lot of jalapenos and minced onions . And a side of salsa for dipping. For breakfast. Hurry up I'm hungry and waiting......

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                          RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:06 AM (permalink)
                          quote:

Standards must be set and if a customer would like Ketchup for there Hot Dog I think it would be better to send them down the road and request that they never return. Like No Shirt No Service, No Shoes No Service, No Smoking,and No Loitering. Putting Ketchup on a Hot Dog is actually an offense worse than those. Other patrons should not be subject to watching someone putting ketchup on a Hot Dog let alone eating one with it on it. And what if a child saw this action. The establishment might actually be responsible for counceling after witnessing this action. ...Russ

MiamiDon

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:09 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by NebGuy

quote:
                            Originally posted by MiamiDon

quote:

Do it, dude!

I'm thinking a corn dog. Split and grilled. On a toasted bun. With a lot of jalapenos and minced onions . And a side of salsa for dipping. For breakfast. Hurry up I'm hungry and waiting......

You win!

(Grilled corn dog on a bun????!!!)

jimsock9

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:24 AM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Russ Jackson

quote:

Standards must be set and if a customer would like Ketchup for there Hot Dog I think it would be better to send them down the road and request that they never return. Like No Shirt No Service, No Shoes No Service, No Smoking,and No Loitering. Putting Ketchup on a Hot Dog is actually an offense worse than those. Other patrons should not be subject to watching someone putting ketchup on a Hot Dog let alone eating one with it on it. And what if a child saw this action. The establishment might actually be responsible for counceling after witnessing this action. ...Russ

But Russ!? What about if they have a special room in the back...a ketchup room????

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:29 AM (permalink)
                                Russ, that may have been what happened to me as a small child. And... I never got counseling! I am not sure it was invented back when I was a kid? My email is still froze but I am working on it with my ISP. I think someone may have dripped some ketchup on something.
                                joe

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:47 AM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Russ, that may have been what happened to me as a small child. And... I never got counseling! I am not sure it was invented back when I was a kid? My email is still froze but I am working on it with my ISP. I think someone may have dripped some ketchup on something.
                                  joe

LOL my family will put you in there prayers each night. But that is a pretty large request...Russ

MilwFoodlovers

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:48 AM (permalink)
                                    All this hot dog talk got me salivating. 6:30am I nuked a Usinger skin on frank (it was frozen) and topped it with onions and jalapenos; mmmm good! I have a slight cold so my mentholated cough drops kept me from damaging my co-workers.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                      RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 10:57 AM (permalink)
                                      quote:

I'm going to agree with porkbeaks on this one. For years, no ketchup was available at Heid's of Liverpool (NY) - a Central New York hotdog institution. They offered but one type of mustard and chili was not an option either. They grilled Syracuse's well known Hofmann brand hotdogs and coneys (white hots). The line at lunch went out the door and wrapped around the building back in those days.

More recently, they got a deep fryer and added fries to the menu, bringing ketchup into the building. Many people thought it was blasphemous that ketchup entered the doors, but Heid's knew it would be a bad move to offer fries without providing ketchup. One might argue that they got the deep fryer in order to have an excuse to bring in the ketchup, but that's doubtful, considering how long those lunch lines were for years and years.

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 11:18 AM (permalink)
                                        Interesting history Score!

Milw, I understand! I have never put ketchup or mayo on a hot dog but... I work up this morning with a strange craving for a dog w/ ketchup and mayo. That will be my lunch. Oh, I think I'll do a dash or two of Louisiana Hot sauce to liven things up.
                                        Joe

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
                                          RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 12:12 PM (permalink)
                                          Hey NebGuy, Thanks for bailing me out, I would eat that one for breakfast also. Sorry Miami.

Joe, Ketchup & Mayo? Anything that color should be outlawed in all 50 states.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                                            RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:36 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:

quote:

Boy, aren't we a bunch of haughty, uppity, and snide bunch on this one topic! I think that if a business wants to provide ketchup to their customers they should! Just makes good business sense to me. As for kids putting ketchup on their dogs; I say, have at it! Kids don't have a sophisticated palate as adults do. Don't berate the parents for that, it's just natural. "To each their own" as my grandma used to say.

David O.

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:49 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by boyardee65

quote:

quote:

Boy, aren't we a bunch of haughty, uppity, and snide bunch on this one topic! I think that if a business wants to provide ketchup to their customers they should! Just makes good business sense to me. As for kids putting ketchup on their dogs; I say, have at it! Kids don't have a sophisticated palate as adults do. Don't berate the parents for that, it's just natural. "To each their own" as my grandma used to say.

David O.

Thats the problem with kids today the parents dont take accountability for there actions. It all starts with letting them put ketchup on the Hot Dog the first time. Just like Adam and Eve taking a bite from the snakes apple. And we all know where that led. First Ketchup followed by Alchol, Pot, Cocain,Heroin,Democrat and then become street bum. Please put the packet down walk away for this road leads to demise....LOL...Russ

boyardee65

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:52 PM (permalink)
                                                Seems to me that someone is just a little bit paranoid. You forgot regestering democrat or God forbid, independent!

David O.

PapaJoe8

• Location: Dallas... DFW area
                                                  RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:53 PM (permalink)
                                                  Update on my lunch. I had John Morrell Jumbo Hot Dog w/ ketchup, mayo, and LA hot sauce. Hey, it was great!!!

I would't do that to a BoarsHead though!
                                                  Joe

boyardee65

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:54 PM (permalink)
                                                    Seems to me that someone is just a little bit paranoid. You forgot registering Democrat or God forbid, Independent!

David O.

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 7:54 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by boyardee65

Seems to me that someone is just a little bit paranoid. You forgot regestering democrat or God forbid, independent!

David O.

You are right I added Democrat just before Street Bum...LOL>>>Russ

uncledaveyo

• Total Posts: 599
                                                        • Location: Northern California
                                                        RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Thu, 03/6/08 8:24 PM (permalink)
                                                        wow. six pages of this.

let's just all agree ketchup is wrong and close this topic

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                                          • Location: Crofton, MD
                                                          RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 12:38 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by uncledaveyo

wow. six pages of this.

let's just all agree ketchup is wrong and close this topic

I'm guessing that some people will never agree to that...hence the six pages.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
                                                            • Location: brick, NJ
                                                            RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 5:10 AM (permalink)
                                                            Let's go for seven pages....no ketchup...ok...how about tomato sauce???

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 13, messages 151 to 180 of 381

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com