The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Ketchup on a hot dog

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 13, messages 181 to 210 of 381
jimsock9

• Total Posts: 285
RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 5:31 AM (permalink)
"We" don't all agree on anything. Ketchup is the #1 best thing in the world to put on ANY hot dog.

MiamiDon

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 8:24 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Russ Jackson

quote:
    Originally posted by boyardee65

Seems to me that someone is just a little bit paranoid. You forgot regestering democrat or God forbid, independent!

David O.

You are right I added Democrat just before Street Bum...LOL>>>Russ

That is just SO insensitive! There are no more bums, winos, drifters, hobos, beggars, tramps or bindlestiffs. There are The Homeless.

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
      RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 12:15 PM (permalink)
      More info on my KM ( ketchup mayo ) dog. I did not mix the two as someone earlier assumed. That would be gross! I put the ketchup down one side and the mayo down the other. Then I carefully sprinkeled Louisiana Hot Sauce down the middle. The key is to use your favorite brand of jumbo cheep dog. The ones I used are 99c a pack.

Next time I am going to sub dill, or maybe sweet, relish for the hot sauce. Or maybe mustard streight down the middle? Hmmm, regular, dejon, or spicy brown? I could sub BBQ sauce for the ketchup? Ahhh, jalapenos instead of relish!!!

This has opened up a whole new world for me!
      Joe

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
        RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 12:18 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by firecommander3565 Being from Chicago, I can tell you NO ketchup is ALLOWED on Chicago Style Hot Dogs... and whoever posted saying Cheeze wizzz is from another country. LOL
        It's not Wisconsin, but there are moo cows in Illinois. Just not Chicago.

I love Chicago Style Dogs without peppers or pickles. I also would exchange that yellow stuff for some real mustard, of the type that tries to bite you back on the way down, and use cucumbers because I don't like pickled anything. Ketchup is reserved for those times when no tomatoes are around. Even the worst tomato is better than ketchup, unless you're Ronald Reagan.

Of course, there's the even bigger question we're all debating: PC or Mac?

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6083
          RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 3:28 PM (permalink)
          Wow...are you sure there's any meat in those 99 cent hotdogs???Must be mostly filler....Do't know too much quality meat that goes for .99!
          At that price you can pore elmer's glue on the damn thing!!!

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 5:15 PM (permalink)
            Lee, It's my very favorite cheep hot dog. John Morrell... Maybe my store uses them as loss leaders? I get their bacon also $1.50. Both are real good for the price. They have other meats that are good values also.
            Joe

leethebard

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 5:57 PM (permalink)
              Well,why not. I'll try anything once. I'll be on the look out for them

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 6:07 PM (permalink)
                I wouldnt serve cheap hot dogs to children...Russ

leethebard

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 6:10 PM (permalink)
                  If you like the taste, and it's the right price...and you don't care what's in it..and what's in it can't hurt you...SO WHAT!!!

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 6:16 PM (permalink)
                    Russ, my zillas, the ones tha will eat a dog, will gobble up the John's dogs. They have all tried my Boars Heads. They won't touch those. Hey, give em a little time.

And, what about what to use in a batch of Beans n Weiners? Those 99c Johns work good for me! And I use a mix of Ranch Style Beans and Porkers. Hmm, not sure I have ever posted that recipe here.
                    Joe

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 6:18 PM (permalink)
                      If you say so but that is like comparing Ice Milk to Ice Cream, Butter to margarine, diet coke to coke in a bottle, lo-fat milk to whole, pork bacon to turkey bacon etc...Anything made to taste like the quality version never matches up. If is is a health thing then eat half of the great one instead. I would rather have a spoonful of Hagendaze then a bowl of frozen yogurt. But thats just me....Russ

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 6:25 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Russ, my zillas, the ones tha will eat a dog, will gobble up the John's dogs. They have all tried my Boars Heads. They won't touch those. Hey, give em a little time.

And, what about what to use in a batch of Beans n Weiners? Those 99c Johns work good for me! And I use a mix of Ranch Style Beans and Porkers. Hmm, not sure I have ever posted that recipe here.
                        Joe

Teach the zillas about food, how to cook it, the history,eating properly,different cuisines, and they will appreciate others, be thankfull for there food, respect for the animal that died to feed them and the cook who prepared it. If they like the ranch beans just think how much they would enjoy a pot of great northern beans they cooked themselves in there grandpas bean pot. The same way your mother did it....Russ

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 7:04 PM (permalink)
                          Russ, my sweety is the bean cook. Great great northerns, pintos, limas. If it's a bean she cooks it great! One of our neighbors was over and she had a pot of limas on the stove. He said "I dont like lima beans". I said "just try a few bites". Two bowls later he said "I like these lima beans".

My zillas grew up with the opportunity to appreciate allot of good foods. Hey, they are just at my house for a short while. And like I said earlier "Give em time".

At least they all like my chili! They have learned to like some things because of me and their Nana. That's why I know there is some hope!
                          Joe
                          Joe
                          Ps, I gotta get tha fox spell check!

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 7:17 PM (permalink)
                            Joe its like poker today. Nobody understands the game nor do they respect it. And when you teach them how to really play the game they always reply I never knew thats how the game is played. Food is no different...Russ

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                              RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 7:24 PM (permalink)
                              quote:

More info on my KM ( ketchup mayo ) dog. I did not mix the two as someone earlier assumed. That would be gross! I put the ketchup down one side and the mayo down the other. Then I carefully sprinkeled Louisiana Hot Sauce down the middle. The key is to use your favorite brand of jumbo cheep dog. The ones I used are 99c a pack.

Next time I am going to sub dill, or maybe sweet, relish for the hot sauce. Or maybe mustard streight down the middle? Hmmm, regular, dejon, or spicy brown? I could sub BBQ sauce for the ketchup? Ahhh, jalapenos instead of relish!!!

This has opened up a whole new world for me!
                              Joe
                              How about bread and butter pickled jalapeno peppers, brown mustard, and a dash of Tobasco Brand Chipotle Pepper sauce?

Just a thought!

David O.

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 7:49 PM (permalink)
                                Chef, that sounds good to me!

Russ, well said! The first thing I told my friend Jack when I saw the poker room at the WSOP Rio was "What a terrible thing to do to such a great game!". It was a long way from the room at the Horseshoe the first time I showed up. Boby Baldwin won it that year. True story I promise!!!
                                Joe

brickie

• Total Posts: 226
                                  RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 8:17 PM (permalink)
                                  Ketchup, Smetchup its a g-dayum HOTDOG!

PapaJoe8

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Fri, 03/7/08 9:23 PM (permalink)
                                    Bric, here at Roodfood it's not! The DOG is king here! Hey, everyone should be King somewhere!
                                    Joe

MiamiDon

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Sat, 03/8/08 7:07 AM (permalink)
                                      quote:

Bric, here at Roodfood it's not! The DOG is king here! Hey, everyone should be King somewhere!
                                      Joe

He has probably never had anything but those $0.99 hot dogs that PapaJoe8 talks about.

brickie

• Total Posts: 226
                                        RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Sat, 03/8/08 8:15 PM (permalink)
                                        I know you guys saw my
                                        Well then...

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3095
                                          RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Sun, 03/9/08 3:03 AM (permalink)
                                          quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
                                          Originally posted by jimsock9

Anyone that has a business that sells hot dogs and doesn't have ketchup available for all the millions and millions of ketchup lovers is a complete moron.

Standards must be set and if a customer would like Ketchup for there Hot Dog I think it would be better to send them down the road and request that they never return. Like No Shirt No Service, No Shoes No Service, No Smoking,and No Loitering. Putting Ketchup on a Hot Dog is actually an offense worse than those. Other patrons should not be subject to watching someone putting ketchup on a Hot Dog let alone eating one with it on it. And what if a child saw this action. The establishment might actually be responsible for counceling after witnessing this action. ...Russ

Boy, aren't we a bunch of haughty, uppity, and snide bunch on this one topic! I think that if a business wants to provide ketchup to their customers they should! Just makes good business sense to me. As for kids putting ketchup on their dogs; I say, have at it! Kids don't have a sophisticated palate as adults do. Don't berate the parents for that, it's just natural. "To each their own" as my grandma used to say.

David O.

Thats the problem with kids today the parents dont take accountability for there actions. It all starts with letting them put ketchup on the Hot Dog the first time. Just like Adam and Eve taking a bite from the snakes apple. And we all know where that led. First Ketchup followed by Alchol, Pot, Cocain,Heroin,Democrat, POTUS, and then become street bum. Please put the packet down walk away for this road leads to demise....LOL...Russ

leethebard

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Mon, 03/10/08 7:50 AM (permalink)
                                            Huh??

MilwFoodlovers

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Mon, 03/10/08 9:05 AM (permalink)
                                              Due to the high probability of discussions involving political or social issues degrading into exchanges that will violate the first two rules of this forum, such discussions are forbidden. Posts in violation will be deleted. Continued violation of this guideline can lead to loss of posting privileges.

Russ Jackson Posted - 03/06/2008 : 19:54:50
                                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Seems to me that someone is just a little bit paranoid. You forgot regestering democrat or God forbid, independent!

David O.

Russ Jackson

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Mon, 03/10/08 9:14 AM (permalink)
                                                quote:
                                                Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers

Due to the high probability of discussions involving political or social issues degrading into exchanges that will violate the first two rules of this forum, such discussions are forbidden. Posts in violation will be deleted. Continued violation of this guideline can lead to loss of posting privileges.

Russ Jackson Posted - 03/06/2008 : 19:54:50
                                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

David O.

You do realize that it was all in fun dont you?...Russ

MilwFoodlovers

RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Mon, 03/10/08 10:18 AM (permalink)
                                                  Huh??

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                                                    RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Mon, 03/10/08 11:50 PM (permalink)
                                                    All in jest, I assure everyone!!!

David O.

PapaJoe8

• Location: Dallas... DFW area
                                                      RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Tue, 03/11/08 1:38 PM (permalink)
                                                      Hey, I'm serious that those 99c dogs are not bad. They are not Boars Head but they are a good dog to put ketchup and mayo on. I am going to mix pickled jalapeno juice w/ the mayo next time, and omit the LA hot sauce.

They make a good chili dog also, with some Wolf Brand, onions and cheese. I don't like using my homeaide chili with these 99c ers. And they make good Ranch Style Beans and weiners.

My dog gets one now and then. He likes his plain... no ketchup, no mayo, no nothin!

I will save the Boars Head's for those who appreciate them w/ just some good mustard.
                                                      Joe

lynndunham

• Total Posts: 194
                                                        • Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
                                                        RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Tue, 03/11/08 7:48 PM (permalink)
                                                        And WHAT'S wrong with catsup on a hot dog??? Catsup, onions, American cheese - YUM!

PapaJoe8

• Location: Dallas... DFW area
                                                          RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Tue, 03/11/08 9:41 PM (permalink)
                                                          Lynn, just not on top of a top dog! Save those to be savored. Do whatever you want to the cheep dogs. What do you pay for your dogs?
                                                          Jo

lynndunham

• Total Posts: 194
                                                            • Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
                                                            RE: Ketchup on a hot dog Wed, 03/12/08 6:56 PM (permalink)
                                                            Joe, I only eat skinless beef dogs like Hebrew National - I'm one of the squeemish ones who doesn't like the idea of eating natural casings or strange pig parts. Really - I like the taste of catsup on hot dogs. On a burger I like catsup too but would rather have a tomato. I'm just now, in my 60's, getting to like the taste of dijon mustard (will never like the yellow - I think). One of the things that got me off of other kinds of hot dogs was biting into a bit of bone or gristle when eating them as a kid. Makes me gag! Strange, because I was raised in a mostly German household.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 13, messages 181 to 210 of 381

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com