Kid Friendly Indianapolis

Author
soozycue520
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1032
2013/07/20 23:58:19 (permalink)

Kid Friendly Indianapolis

Traveling from Cincinnati with my mother, niece, and granddaughter. We are going to the Children's Museum.

I am looking for breakfast options on the way (along I-74, on Sunday morning), dinner in Indy, or on the Northwest side of Indy (where we are staying) on Sunday evening.

And something cool to do on Monday, in Indy, or on the way back, with children.

I have made this trip many times before, but not recently, and not with two ten year old girls.

We will stop in Greensburg, Indiana, to see the tree growing from the Courthouse, either on the way there, or the way back. However, nothing in Greensburg is open on Sunday.

Any ideas?

2 Replies Related Threads

Bonk
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re:Kid Friendly Indianapolis 2013/07/21 03:49:05 (permalink)
    Can't speak for the Greensburg area, but the folks on this site got me to try Bazbeaux's Pizza and now we go every time we go to Indianapolis.

There's one at Butler (a couple miles north of downtown), one in Carmel (which is probably close to where you're staying) and one downtown. I haven't been to the Carmel location, but knowing that area a little I think you'd enjoy it.

It's not upscale and I've seen plenty of families in the Broad Ripple location (including a family with seven kids between about 4 and 14), and that's right near a campus.

Mind you it's not Chucky Cheese, but it's certainly a place where 10 year olds would be welcome. Plus everyone loves pizza. 

Garlic bread is the best I've ever had.

http://www.bazbeaux.com/
    post edited by Bonk - 2013/07/21 03:52:40
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Kid Friendly Indianapolis 2013/07/21 14:30:45 (permalink)
    For something to see (free) in Indianapolis on Sunday, you might try the Artspark with it's Twisted House.

Indianapolis Art Center
    820 E. 67th Street
    Phone: 317-255-2464Directions:Northern edge of downtown. I-465 exit 31. South on Meridian St. to 86th St. Turn left, then in six blocks turn right onto College Ave. Drive south 1.5 miles, cross the river, then make the first left onto 67th St. Artspark on the left, parking on right just past the Indianapolis Arts Center building.  
    See: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/16252
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1