King's in Chicago, 1950's or so

Author
john_1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
2003/09/05 23:56:16 (permalink)

King's in Chicago, 1950's or so

Here is a lifelong question I have had. When I was about 8 years old, back in 1960, there was a rib (and chicken???and maybe pizza) place in Chicago called King's. We used to go there all the time. I think they burned down around that time, but we moved overseas for 5 years and I never had them again.

I always thought about those ribs, and do each time I see RIBS! They must have been made with some kind of rub, and we ate them without sauce all the time.

Anybody remember them? If so, any ideas how they cooked those suckers? I have tried a hundred times to duplicate that taste, but never could. I;ve tried BAM and now just use Johny's seasoned salt. That is close but not the same.

I wish I could travel back in time for just one bucket-full!

1 Reply Related Threads

spadoman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: King's in Chicago, 1950's or so 2003/09/24 22:37:42 (permalink)
    I grew up in Chicago and the only King's I remember was on Roosevelt road, just East of harlem ave, near East avenue if I remember correctly. It was a hot dog joint that I remember though. But they did have an extensive menu. This may be the place you remember. They burned down and merged with another place in a newer building a few blocks west of the original location. It'ss still there and called King's and Queen's. they still haver a large menu but I haven't been there since around 1995 or96. I don't remember the ribs. I went to Russell's for BBQ, usually had the BBQ pork sandwiches, couldn't afford the ribs.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1