Kitchen Control Freak?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 11:03:50 (permalink)
Control Freak? Even look at me when I'm cooking and I'll walk off the job! ha ha... Only time I allow additional presence in the sanctuary is if they volunteer for dish detail.
renfrew
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 696
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 11:10:58 (permalink)
I love having a full kitchen of people, because that is what i think a kitchen is for, congregating. But i like to hear them in the background, not the foreground. Leave me alone and I will turn around and laugh and joke and toast, and whatever else to be sociable.

But if I am cooking, then that is what it is. Me, not you. So enjoy yourself, becuase that is what you are there for anyway.
Grampy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 11:21:28 (permalink)
Reading all of these comments, I say that it is a good thing that we only communicate on-line and not in each others' kitchens!
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 11:31:15 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

Reading all of these comments, I say that it is a good thing that we only communicate on-line and not in each others' kitchens!

YUP!
drchanterelle
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 95
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 11:49:18 (permalink)
My biggest gripe comes from our domestic agreement (my wife and me) - I cook; she cleans up. Hey, this works for us! Generally, that is. What sometimes irks me - OK, often irks me - is that she consistently takes away my tools in the middle of a job. I reach for the wisk, and it's gone. I'm forever going into the dishwasher to retrieve things. I know it's not a big deal, but I also know how good cooks want things to be where they left them last. jm
Kristi S.
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 712
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 11:58:44 (permalink)
Well, it's just the fact that I like to believe I'm organized. Not looney-bin-material-organized, but certain things must have certain places...Canned goods on the bottom shelf, coffees & teas and pastas on the second shelf, cereals & chips get their own cabinet, spices & oils & sauces, their own shelf. I appreciate the kids' help putting new groceries away, but: when I open the cabinets later, it looks like a neutron bomb detonated, and I spend the next 6 minutes re-doing it. Note: I'm not manic, just...precise.
oldfrt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 269
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/12 12:07:19 (permalink)
Wow, I thought thst this problem was only here at my house. We have three and sometimes four people that love to cook here. Years ago we had the confict, as many have stated, wherein there were always those that wanted to make your food taste like theirs! We finally made the rule here that when you have responsibility for dinner, you got it and the rest of us stay outa the kitchen unless asked to help. There is a good side to this in addition to eliminating conflict ...

We have my Chile, we have my wifes Chile, we have Joes Chile! All great!! Same with Spaghetti Sauce! Three variations. Remember the old saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth"? How true! It's like asking everyone in the family what decorations should go on the tree this Christmas. You will get three different answers right?

The bottom line around here is "What do you all have a taste for tonight"? Now we have answers like "Dads pork chops", "Pat's chicken soup", "Joe's roast beef", "Nicks poached fish", and it works out just fine!

Don
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3879
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2003/12/13 14:40:31 (permalink)
I've now started teaching my daughter to cook. The other night she made her first beef roast (very good, by the way!). But the glare I got when entering "her" kitchen-----priceless!
autumneyez04
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
RE: Kitchen Control Freak? 2004/02/19 17:51:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Kristi S.

Is anyone else on this board a control freak when it comes to cooking? Whenever I'm in the middle of even a simple dinner prep, I get all bent out of shape whenever someone offers help. I guess I just want to do it my way or no way at all! I consider myself perfectly capable of running the show, whether that includes an eight-course Thanksgiving extravaganza or a simple pasta-and-one-sauce deal.

I am fully aware of every bake time, of each gurgle of water, of how much time the microwave has left, the correct amount of oil to vinegar, how many eggs to use, which spoon goes with which dish.

When someone saunters into the kitchen to 'casually' stir something on the stove, I have to fight the impulse to bat their hands away. I don't know. Maybe there's something wrong my wiring -- when it comes to cooking, at least!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS.... doesn't matter if its an 8 course meal for the holidays or not..... I'm completely in control and want to do it ALL! I'm only a fanatic when it comes to cooking and plan all my meals ahead of time and want it all to be perfect! I hate team work lol

Although, I admit, I dont mind anyone doing the dishes as I go along! In fact, I'm 21 yrs old and do all the cooking and planning and shopping. I cook, Mom does the dishes! Thats a great help and the ONLY help I need or want! heh

I agree with a few other posters on here. I dont even want ppl peeling or chopping. They just hack away at the veggies... WHERES THE LOVE? What did the food do to YOU? haha I'm very gentle and cook with all the love in my soul. It's just my thing, just lemme work my magic... you work yours!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1