Hot!Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Ketteract
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 608
Re: Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed 2015/02/09 18:14:01 (permalink)
mar52 
I also love her Corning baking and casserole dishes.

Just seeing that design makes me feel all comfy.

I used to have an idea for a CorningWare commercial where the camera would pan around a table where a family was seated, eating happily and chatting, and then it would lower itself down to show the side of a big casserole dish in the center, zooming in on that symbol.  No words spoken in the entire commercial except the family's idle chitchat.  There's such power behind that blue symbol.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9615
Re: Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed 2015/02/09 20:46:08 (permalink)
My Mother had Corning ware too.  I could only take so much when we sold the house.  I gave all of that to our neighbor who were like family to us.  I did get the marble topped antique side table and the Tiffany lamp.  I don't miss the CorningWare so much.
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9682
Re: Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed 2015/02/11 21:38:43 (permalink)
Corning Ware is great. Still have some of my Moms and use it often.
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 985
Re: Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed 2015/02/12 11:07:02 (permalink)
My CorningWare percolator is still my backup for when my drip coffee maker goes down.
The sound of coffee perking is very homey too.
Ketteract
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 608
Re: Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed 2015/08/23 19:21:33 (permalink)
Sonny Funzio
My CorningWare percolator is still my backup for when my drip coffee maker goes down.
The sound of coffee perking is very homey too.

We always had a drip maker when I was a kid, but I picked up a percolator this weekend out of curiosity.  This is a West Bend model from the late '60s / early '70s (I found ads containing its catalog number in a couple of '69 newspapers).

I tried it out this morning.  The coffee I got from it tasted richer than what I was used to from drip makers or Keurigs, and I really enjoyed it!   There's a slight health cost; more oils from the beans mean higher cholesterol, apparently.  I guess I could put a paper filter into the basket if I really wanted to.

Wonderful aroma from it, too.  It reminded me of the moka pot that my former landlords (elderly Italians, both of them) used.  I could smell the coffee all the way upstairs.
post edited by Ketteract - 2015/08/23 19:23:37
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 985
Re: Kitchen appliances of my childhood, reclaimed 2015/09/19 14:44:33 (permalink)
... continuing about "heirloom" kitchen gadgets from the previous page ...
Today I came across the box that contains my great grandmother's butter paddles for forming butter ... used back in Germany (excuse me, Ostpreußen ).  Not really an "appliance" ... ok, well, maybe in 1910.

I also have a vintage Veg-O-Matic ... it dices, it slices ...
it does make nice french fries. 

More equipment than my kitchen can hold ... new and old.  Modern items such as a dedicated dough kneader (actually, a Bosch "Universal" machine), Kitchen-Aid Artisan mixer, Cuisinart, commercial deli slicer (the type used for making cold-cuts from ham etc), a nice commercial stainless mandolin slicer...
and also quite a bit of this-and-that ... and duplicates.  4 hot-air popcorn poppers ... 4 blenders ... pasta machine ... 2 bread machines ... 3 counter-top convection ovens (very handy!) ... multiple crock pots ... actually, multiples of most things you'd find in your typical traditional kitchen.  A manual "Fleischwolf" (meat grinder), 2 deep fryers ...
Oddball stuff too ... a microwave pressure cooker ... three bun warmers ...

woot

hot plates ... sizzle platters ... fondue pots ...
Someday this all will be "vintage" - if it's not already.
Way too much miscellanea.  Four car garage and large house with full basement.  Must ....... stop ...... accumulating ...
When I go it's going to take the army corp of engineers to liquidate just the kitchen stuff alone.

post edited by Sonny Funzio - 2015/09/19 14:54:13
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2016 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1