Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15233
2010/06/05 13:46:33 (permalink)

Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers

A headline Note sent to us by Sundancer tells us that Roadfooder and ETSU Exec Fred Sauceman joined Allan Benton of Benton Hams Company as the featured speakers at the Buffet that was the keynote activity of the Knoxville Biscuit Festival. Paul gave us a link to the story to share with you.

Congratulations to these fine gentlemeen who both represent some of the best of the Roadfooders in Tennessee ! 
  http://knoxvillemarketsquare.com/biscuit/

post edited by mayor al - 2010/06/05 13:48:32

5 Replies Related Threads

carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers 2010/06/08 07:34:36 (permalink)
    I went to the Biscuit Festival.  This was the first of what willbe an annual and exciting event in downtown Knoxville.  I visited the Benton's Ham tent, which was with the Blackberry Farms tent, but missed Fred Sauceman's speech.  Would have liked to have seen it.
    I sing in a quartet and my singing partner in the group wrote one of the song finalists for the songwriting competition.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13480
    Re:Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers 2010/06/08 09:28:02 (permalink)
    carlton pierre

I went to the Biscuit Festival.  This was the first of what willbe an annual and exciting event in downtown Knoxville.  I visited the Benton's Ham tent, which was with the Blackberry Farms tent, but missed Fred Sauceman's speech.  Would have liked to have seen it.
    I sing in a quartet and my singing partner in the group wrote one of the song finalists for the songwriting competition.

Sorry I missed you.  I was in the tent and witnessed both Allen Benton and Fred Sauceman's comments which lasted about a hour.  Perhaps Al will post the pics I sent him.  Fred personally acknowledged yours truly and in fact came over to our table and met Mamaw Smith who he had read about for  years,  He already knew ROZ and myself.  We were instantally celebrities

What was interesting about Fred's comments is that he spent about 45 minutes talking about southern food.  He mentioned hundred's of restaurants.  While he was talking to me, a gentleman came up and inquired if he had visited each of them.  I immediately indicated that I would bet $100 that he had.  Fred responded with a gentleman's response that he would not have said so if he had not.

His visits reminded me of the Traveling Man, Buffet Buster and WJ.

Allen Benton was also equally interesting as he discussed how his ham business runs.  Many of you on this forum knows Allen but he is famous in the USA from the left coast to the right coast..  He is in the fortunate position of having more business than he can handle but he maintains his quality which many believe is the very best in the USA.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10216
    Re:Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers 2010/06/08 09:35:08 (permalink)
    This sounds like it would have been an excellent event.  No doubt that Fred Sauceman would be an entertaining speaker.  I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

And Paul, you have always been a celebrity in my book!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15233
    Re:Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers 2010/06/08 10:47:52 (permalink)
    Sorry the photo posting was delayed !!

Here are the guest speakers and the celebrity fan club !

Allan Benton  describes his great ham production business-

Here is Fred Sauceman giving his description of the Southern Foods he has experienced.

Allan Joins MawMaw Smith and Roz at the festival-

We get a peek at the celeb Roadfooder "Sundancer" with MawMaw and Roz

carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:Knoxville Biscuit Festival Speakers 2011/05/15 08:39:22 (permalink)
    Just a reminder that the Biscuit Festival will be held again over Memorial day weekend.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1