The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Knoxville, TN burgers

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 43 of 43
Sundancer7

RE: Knoxville, TN burgers Wed, 09/27/06 4:26 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by subrosa

Leo's Pulled Pig in Lenoir City has a one pound burger that is worth the trip. It is only $5.50. Good quality meat with homegrown tomatoes. Very tasty.

Also, Ruby Tueday's Triple Prime is excellent (maybe one of the best burgers anywhere) but at $10.50 too pricey.

I have had the Ruby Tuesday burger. It was expensive and the taste was very good. I am not sure how many folks will purchase.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

bss717

• Total Posts: 27
    RE: Knoxville, TN burgers Wed, 09/27/06 4:36 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by V960

I like the Ali baba vol burger.

I've never been to Ali baba's....but I've heard good things about it. Unless your heading the right direction on Kingston Pike, it looks like it's hard to get into the lot.

Earl of Sandwich

• Total Posts: 600
      RE: Knoxville, TN burgers Fri, 12/21/07 1:06 PM (permalink)
      New burger places in Knoxville. Gridiron burgers are outstanding. One on Clinton Hwy and one in Turkey Creek. fresh beef and handmade fries as well, really good.
      Five Guys is opening all over town as well. better burgers than I expected for a chain.

pjoe

• Total Posts: 75
        RE: Knoxville, TN burgers Fri, 12/21/07 7:10 PM (permalink)
        There are many places to get a great burger in Knoxville. If you happen to be near campus, ya can't beat Vic and Bill's or Gus's Goodtime Deli. If you do visit Vic and Bill's, be sure to park in their small lot, not in the huge empty lot across the street as your car will get towed in a heartbeat. The Time Out Deli on North Broadway never failed me either. I had Litton's a couple times when I lived in Knoxville, but for my money I would much rather walk across the street to the Fountain City Creamery. Great selection, awesome atmosphere and no more expensive than Litton's.

RibRater

• Total Posts: 1862
          RE: Knoxville, TN burgers Sun, 12/23/07 7:38 AM (permalink)
          The family had to make a trip down to pigeon forge to pick up a few gifts today so we shot over to knoxville to give a few of these joints a try - today we hit 5 guys, gridiron, and littons.

Our thoughts:

We eat burgers about once a week at home almost exclusively off the grill, often with meat we grind, and we only buy good rolls..so the bar is pretty high and we like to think we know a good burger. Plus, we cut our own fries to cook fresh with our home burgers.

5 Guys - ordered 4 smalls plain/ketchup only/ketchup and mustard/mayo,lettuce,tomato,onions and 1 large fry to split.

The roll was almost perfect. It fit the burger size, wasn't to much bread, and had great texture..substantial and firm with a freshly baked flavor. Handled all the burgers and their fixins' perfectly. All 4 burgers had a very fresh taste and all the vegetables were excellent including the tomato. The amount of fries in one large order was to much for the 4 of us to finish. They were slightly over cooked but still rated a 7 on a scale of 10.

Overall everybody was pleased with their burger and fries and while not grilled, this was a burger we could eat every week with no hesitation. As a group we rated the overall experience an 8. a small burger was $3.09 (fries extra)

Our second stop was gridiron - hockey puck was the agreed upon description with the exception of my son who enjoyed the spice on the burger enough to rate it high. all the burgers were over cooked even though 2 of them were ordered medium and medium well. the veggies were fresh and the bun was grilled and substantial but was much more like a hamburger bun then the "good bread" type at 5 guys. the fries were excellent. if they got the burgers cooked properly, this place would be a winner. as it was, it rated a 6 primarily for the great fries. their regular burger was slightly larger then the 5 guys small and the cost was $4.95 (fries extra)

Third stop was Litton's - if you haven't been to Litton's and you were only making one stop in knoxville for food (not necessarily burgers), this is the place I would recommend. the burger is a good example of why you should eat here...the bun baked from scratch, the burger freshly ground and fried, and the veggies on the burger were excellent. they have a bakery on premise and an excellent selection of desserts. back to the burger...very good all around and came in a close second to 5 guys. the burger was larger then 5 guys and cost $6.99 (fries extra).

when we considered both price and quality, 5 guys was the hands down winner for this outing. i've read a lot of hype about 5 guys and I didn't expect the place to live up to the clippings but we were all pleasantly surprised.

Sundancer7

RE: Knoxville, TN burgers Sun, 12/23/07 8:27 AM (permalink)
            Larry, thanks for your report. I will try Five Guys in Turkey Creek PDQ. To rate them above Littons is really something.

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN

john wadlin

• Total Posts: 1
              Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Mon, 09/28/09 5:01 PM (permalink)
              Best burger Sam Andys fountain city!!!

bkosten

Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Thu, 04/8/10 11:47 PM (permalink)
                Ok, can I just say that you burger fans simply must visit Littons? Crazy good burgers and amazing dessert selections! 
                <message edited by bkosten on Thu, 04/8/10 11:48 PM>

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                  Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Fri, 04/9/10 7:38 AM (permalink)
                  Hey, Kosten

welcome to Roadfood and thanks for your thoughts about Littons.    There's an interesting little chain that originates in Knoxville called Steamboat.  There's one or two in Knoxville, Chattanooga and in KY & IN and a few other places.  Anyway, they recently moved their flagship location to Market Sq.  They have a pretty awesome hamburger as well. 
                  Hope you'll post some more.

Avanties

Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Thu, 08/4/11 1:08 PM (permalink)
                    I have been reading through this forum and oh how the resturant landscapes do change over time.  I would say Litton's is right up there on my list as top burger in Knoxville, but 5 Guys has fallen to atleast 3rd for me as a place called We're Cooking - All American Grill is now my favorite burger in Knoxville.  The burgers come in 3 sizes 1/4 of the cow $3.50, 1/2 the cow for $5.50, or most of the cow (3/4) for $7.50.  They are grilled to order (i like mine well done) and they have a variety of toppings and cheeses.  We're Cooking is located between the old Circuit City building and Panera Bread on North Peter's Road.  If you have not been there yet i highly recommend you check it out.

Thanks,
                    Patrick Freeman

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                      Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Thu, 08/4/11 1:59 PM (permalink)
                      Looks like We're Cooking has been open for about 1-1/2 years now, according to this article.  Kudos to Mr. Oliwa for what he's accomplished.

Brad

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                        Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Fri, 09/23/11 9:52 AM (permalink)
                        I would second ( or is it third) what you guys had to say about "We're Cooking".  I've been there a couple times now and the burger is awesome.  I had a chicken breast which was good but I'll stick with the burger from now on.
                        I went to Litton's last night and I had not been there in a very long time and I must say their burger is awesome as well.  Everything homemade including the buns.  Pretty hard to beat.

Sundancer7

Re:Knoxville, TN burgers Sat, 09/24/11 7:25 PM (permalink)
                          I have not been to "we're Cooking" yet but thanks to all of your suggestions, the next time I am in Turkey Creek, I will try them.

There is also a new place on the UT strip called "Cook Out" which I tried a couple of years ago in another city.  At that time it was very good.

Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 43 of 43

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com