Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 705
  • Joined: 2004/12/28 23:37:00
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2005/12/23 08:44:01 (permalink)
There's are NO Donut shops in our arera that are owned or ran by Cambodians.

In fact, besides the few KK and DD, there are very very few Donut Shops.

All the Grocery Stores Chains in our area have added Bakery Departments to their stores, this has eliminated most all Mom and Pops Donut shops, there are a few left in South Bend, Elkhart, Mishawka, Grand Rapids, Kalkamazoo and Battle Creek.

The Chains that have the In-store bakeries are Kroger's WalMart, Target, Sam's Club, Meijer's and Martins.
#61
lennonlover2005
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Joined: 2005/12/29 09:22:00
  • Location: Ann Arbor, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2005/12/30 04:12:15 (permalink)
Awww.. Dunkin donuts...they can taste gross or good...depends on the franchise and who makes them. I love Dawn Doughnuts...from the Michigan area...great family memories..Also there is a family bakery in Dexter MI that makes awesome glazed ones and also real German soft pretzels...We really don't have any doughnuts shops in the Ann Arbor area worth mentioning, not even a Dunkin...don't ever eat Dom doughnuts....ewwwww!
#62
Bill B.
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Joined: 2003/12/18 13:59:00
  • Location: Columbia, MO
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2005/12/30 09:41:08 (permalink)
Six months ago, you couldn't find a Krispy Kreme donut around Columbia. Now, they are ubiquitous. Every convenience store and grocer in town carries them. Even the smaller Wal-Marts have a Krispy Kreme counter.

They are made in Kansas City, so we don't get them hot. And from what I've tasted, I sure don't understand why they are so popular. People pay 50 percent more to get a glazed donut that is just half the size of the donuts made locally. What's up with that?
#63
Dooke
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Joined: 2006/01/01 13:21:00
  • Location: oyster bay, NY
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/01 15:58:16 (permalink)
Try this place and then ask yourself if you will ever go near a DD or a KK?

http://guglhupf.com/
#64
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
  • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
  • Location: Crofton, MD
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/06 13:27:20 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Dooke

Try this place and then ask yourself if you will ever go near a DD or a KK?

http://guglhupf.com/


I don't see where that place even sells doughnuts.

#65
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
  • Location: columbus, oh
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/06 20:24:26 (permalink)
I stopped into a DD located inside a mini mart gas station type, and got 2 old fashioned to go, got in the truck and reached for one and it was hard as a golf ball.
I took them back inside and told the guy, and he said "oh, they're all hard, the bakery is 15 miles up the road and they bring them down."..
GAG...
He asked if I wanted something else, and i just looked at him and left the bag on the counter, and walked out.. Didnt even want my $1.80 back. Yeah, for 2 golf balls.. $1.80!
They would have hurt someone if I had thrown them.
Gimme a fluffy KK glazed anyday!
#66
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 705
  • Joined: 2004/12/28 23:37:00
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/06 22:47:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

quote:
Originally posted by Dooke

Try this place and then ask yourself if you will ever go near a DD or a KK?

http://guglhupf.com/


I don't see where that place even sells doughnuts.




Yes, I agree, it looks like one of those POO POO Places for YUPPIES!!!
#67
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
  • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
  • Location: Crofton, MD
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/07 09:18:52 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

I stopped into a DD located inside a mini mart gas station type, and got 2 old fashioned to go, got in the truck and reached for one and it was hard as a golf ball.
I took them back inside and told the guy, and he said "oh, they're all hard, the bakery is 15 miles up the road and they bring them down."..
GAG...
He asked if I wanted something else, and i just looked at him and left the bag on the counter, and walked out.. Didnt even want my $1.80 back. Yeah, for 2 golf balls.. $1.80!
They would have hurt someone if I had thrown them.
Gimme a fluffy KK glazed anyday!


As soon as a KK glazed doughnut becomes cool, it's just a sponge with grease inside wrapped in sugar.

KK at a mini mart fare no better.

And let's be honest...If the doughnut was really "golf ball hard," then it wasn't just because DD was 15 miles away. I'm sure it's because the doughnuts were way more than a day old. I don't think the mini mart clerk was being all that truthful to you.

#68
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
  • Joined: 2005/08/04 13:09:00
  • Location: Crofton, MD
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/07 09:21:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by garryd451

quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

quote:
Originally posted by Dooke

Try this place and then ask yourself if you will ever go near a DD or a KK?

http://guglhupf.com/


I don't see where that place even sells doughnuts.




Yes, I agree, it looks like one of those POO POO Places for YUPPIES!!!


no, no. I'm sure the place has great bread and other baked goods.
But, this thread is about doughnuts and that place doesn't sell 'em.

Now, since I lived in NC, I am pretty confident that many people who go to that place, also go to Krispy Kreme for a doughnut since KK in NC is a friggin staple.

#69
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7768
  • Joined: 2001/01/18 18:49:00
  • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/07 09:23:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by garryd451

quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

quote:
Originally posted by Dooke

Try this place and then ask yourself if you will ever go near a DD or a KK?

http://guglhupf.com/


I don't see where that place even sells doughnuts.




Yes, I agree, it looks like one of those POO POO Places for YUPPIES!!!


And what's wrong with that? Besides, they don't have any Yuppies in North Carolina!
#70
laytonj1
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Joined: 2005/05/08 21:23:00
  • Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/07 10:12:53 (permalink)
Just went to Dunkin' Donuts this morning to pick up a pound of their coffee. Also picked up a box of "Munchkins" to have with our coffee. Yuck! Very dry and not good. I get better donut holes from a box of Entenmann's. Krispy Creme fairs much better than DD IMHO.
#71
angelito444
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Joined: 2006/01/09 16:44:00
  • Location: Springdale, AR
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/10 00:49:04 (permalink)
Krispy Kreme! Gotta love a free donut! We don't even have any Dunkin Donuts around these parts.
#72
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
  • Location: columbus, oh
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/11 18:58:20 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by laytonj1

Just went to Dunkin' Donuts this morning to pick up a pound of their coffee. Also picked up a box of "Munchkins" to have with our coffee. Yuck! Very dry and not good. I get better donut holes from a box of Entenmann's. Krispy Creme fairs much better than DD IMHO.

Entenmann's chocolate icing donuts!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!, my favorite!
Been so long since I have seen them!
Pant pant pant!!!
#73
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 705
  • Joined: 2004/12/28 23:37:00
  • Location: dowagiac, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/11 19:41:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by garryd451

quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
Originally posted by laytonj1

Just went to Dunkin' Donuts this morning to pick up a pound of their coffee. Also picked up a box of "Munchkins" to have with our coffee. Yuck! Very dry and not good. I get better donut holes from a box of Entenmann's. Krispy Creme fairs much better than DD IMHO.

Entenmann's chocolate icing donuts!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!, my favorite!
Been so long since I have seen them!
Pant pant pant!!


You can find them by clicking the link belo




http://entenmanns.gwbakeries.com/product.cfm/upc/7203000018
#74
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
  • Location: columbus, oh
  • Status: offline
RE: Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts 2006/01/11 19:49:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by garryd451

quote:
Originally posted by garryd451

quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
Originally posted by laytonj1

Just went to Dunkin' Donuts this morning to pick up a pound of their coffee. Also picked up a box of "Munchkins" to have with our coffee. Yuck! Very dry and not good. I get better donut holes from a box of Entenmann's. Krispy Creme fairs much better than DD IMHO.

Entenmann's chocolate icing donuts!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!, my favorite!
Been so long since I have seen them!
Pant pant pant!!


You can find them by clicking the link belo




http://entenmanns.gwbakeries.com/product.cfm/upc/7203000018



I am there!-They are 5 miles away at a local grocery store.
It is hard to find some things here in Maine.
Funny, I havent seen the display there before.. Now I am going to get some tonight.. Excuse to break my diet!
Thanks!
#75
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1