Lagniappe

Author
redtressed
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1017
2003/09/24 17:20:18 (permalink)

Lagniappe

I don't know if y'all do this already here, but on a couple other message boards I am on(computer nerd, writers, and graphics ones)we have adopted a little ritual that we have had good results and fun with. We have basically utilized msn messenger as a good way to communicate among us. It's become handy when we have had a quick question or a problem with some aspect of our interests to get a quick solution or fix. It's also been the source of a lot of fun group discussions and strengthened a lot of bonds between us all. The reason we use MSN messenger is it's a bit safer to use than some of the other instant message applications, easy to use and plus has the added goody of being able to get up to 25 people in one conversation if desired. Of course it's not a mandatory thing and does not detract from the interaction of those boards, but actually strengthens it.

If it is ok with y'all, I'll start the ball rolling...Please feel free to add me to msn messenger by using redtressed@hotmail.com........Hope to see y'all there!

3 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13495
    RE: Lagniappe 2003/09/24 17:42:29 (permalink)
    I am not sure that this is the same, but I just read that Microsoft just shut down their chat rooms due to problems with pedophiles.

I am not good at what you described, but I thought I would give you the info.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    redtressed
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: Lagniappe 2003/09/24 18:20:50 (permalink)
    No...I heard about that too. And no this is not the same. This is a private messaging deal....similar to what AOL and yahoo has. The chat rooms I avoid like the plague. This is select instead. You add people to whom you want to chat with. They cannot add you nor you them, without permission. When someone requests to add you, you recieve a notification when your messenger is turned on. You then have the choice of accepting or declining. Also, as opposed to the other messengers, there is less possibility of intrusion by someone not approved (in other words, it's much harder to hack a msn instant messenger than it is others.) The 25 people option I mentioned just means you may invite up to twenty five people into a private conversation. The messengers do not use chat rooms as a means of communications. They are strictly your own contacts. Also, another handy aspect of instant messengers is the ability(if you wish it)to enable the sending of files, for instance a text document from a trusted contact with recipes. Also, msn messenger features a Game playing interaction if desired, where one can play with one of their trusted contacts, a game of checkers , tic tac toe and some others. Again, this is one on one and only if you accept the"invitation". Hope this clears all this up a bit
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    RE: Lagniappe 2003/09/24 21:54:43 (permalink)
    Microsoft shut down the chat rooms because they were not "profit centers", and Bill Gates does nothing if it is not a profit item on the bottom line!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1