Lakewoods, NW WI

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5141
2008/08/08 12:32:04 (permalink)

Lakewoods, NW WI

A couple of weeks ago we were at[url='http://www.lakewoodsresort.com/?page=11370']Lakewoods[/url] in northwestern Wisconsin (Cable area) for Friday night fish. This year the restaurant has been offering spit-roasted (over wood IIRC) beef, pork, and chicken on Fridays as well, so I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. I chose pork and beef, and while the pork was pretty good the beef was a lot better than I expected. I was worried that it might be a little dry but it was anything but; it was juicy, tender, and flavorful and probably made the pork seem a little more ordinary than it might've been on its own. The garlic mashed potatoes were very good as well, and my wife gave high marks to the house salad (the salad bar has been replaced with a family-style bowl on the table). Unfortunately I neglected to ask what particular cuts of meat were used; the pork was probably from the shoulder but the beef could've been brisket (maybe point, as moist as it was) or chuck. I don't know if this is going to be a summer-only thing but the hostess did say that they'd been receiving a lot of positive feedback.

So while it's definitely not a barbecue restaurant I can say that I had a surprisingly (as in "I expected it to be good but not this good") dinner of fire-cooked meat there. Now the odds of most of you actually traveling through this part of Wisconsin...well, that's a different story.

Brad

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1