Hot!Lancaster and Hershey area

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6188
Re:Lancaster and Hershey area 2014/04/06 07:56:04 (permalink)
Sorry phildelmar, my comment was in response to bartl's post...we go to Miller's very often and find the food quality fine. Our go to place is still Dienner's and we have Amish friends who frequent that restaurant....but when we spend several days in Amish Country, we'll go to Miller's. I've found both Plain& Fancy and Good & Plenty(clones), not what they were 40 years ago(note however that Miller's is owned by the people at Plain& Fancy)
msmetz68
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Lancaster and Hershey area 2014/04/06 11:04:22 (permalink)
I live in Palmyra, 3 miles east of Hershey. Best place - hands down - for suishi is Wasabi Bistro on 422 between Hershey and Palmyra, excellent atmosphere for family and there is a separate bar area. Great staff and food! Hershey offers a Houlihans and Devon Seafood (same building on main drag); plus several small family Italian places (Google); Palmyra has a family restaurant at east end of main drag - Hometown as well as a Texas Roadhouse. On North Railroad St in Palmyra (north at the square) is a lovely family Italian restaurant - Lazzaros (bring your own wine). For a quick old diner type breakfast - Palmyra has the Filing Station on Main Street - can't be beat but old school. I would skip Funck on Main St Palmyra - though they just added a bar; the story is the service and food are downhill. There is also Ms Saigon again on east 422 between Hershey and Palmyra for excellent Vietnamese food in a unique round building. You won't leave the area unsatisfied. Couple of great diners in and around Lancaster/York area - again Google. Bon Appetite and welcome.
Phildelmar
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 842
Re:Lancaster and Hershey area 2014/04/06 11:32:55 (permalink)
I like Palmyra and second your opinions. I also think a sidetrip to Troegs is a good option. And the Parkside in Hershey is good value.
Phildelmar
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 842
Re:Lancaster and Hershey area 2014/04/06 11:36:20 (permalink)
And don't miss the factory store for Lebanon bologna in Palmyra
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1