Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City, AZ

Author
GaDragonfly1
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 35
2013/02/03 01:00:14 (permalink)

Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City, AZ

This trip was a huge success because of the advice I received in "Where to Eat" forum.  We flew into Las Vegas late on Thursday night and Friday morning we checked out of the hotel and set the GPS for Decatur Street and Mary's Hash House.

I ordered the corn beef hash breakfast which included corn beef hash, two eggs over medium, and hash browns.

The corn beef hash had onions and green and yellow and orange bell peppers and was very good.  I'm from Georgia so I have to admit that I added a bowl of grits to the meal as well. Afterall, no breakfast is complete without grits.

My husband found a Monte Cristo on the lunch menu and as that is one of his favorite sandwiches, and one you don't find on menus often anymore that is what he ordered.  He said it was outstanding.

and we split an order of french toast that was also very good - nothing spectacular but good none the less..

The restaurant has the feel of a neighborhood cafe.  It is small and quaint and they had a clock that I loved, so I had to take a picture of that as well.

After breakfast we were going to play the real cheesy tourist and visit Silver and Gold Pawn Shop - home of History Channel's Pawn Stars, but there was a line out the door and down the side of the building.  We didn't want to be tourists that badly so we left, stopped at a Walmart for drinks and snacks and turned our car toward Kingman, AZ which was our next stop.
I'll make a separate lunch thread which includes Mr. D'z Route 66 Diner but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Again, thank you to everyone who suggested we go to Mary's Hash House for breakfast.
Julie

4 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7959
    Re:Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City, AZ 2013/02/03 01:19:25 (permalink)
    Three meals split between two people.

You're my kind of people!

Stick around and tell us about your eating experiences!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15285
    Re:Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City, AZ 2013/02/03 04:39:03 (permalink)
    Yep 3 into 2 (literally) works for us too ! Looking forward to your continuation ! The Oatman ride often suprises visitors.  Keep up the good reporting, Julie.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10285
    Re:Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City, AZ 2013/02/06 07:31:43 (permalink)
    GaDragonfly1-
    Is this the clock you mentioned at Hash House?

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5097
    Re:Las Vegas to Lake Havasu City, AZ 2013/02/06 13:20:46 (permalink)
    Sounds like your trip got off to a good start...how was the Route 66 Diner?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1