Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
2005/03/09 10:56:12 (permalink)

Latest from McD"S

apnews.myway.com/article/20050309/D88NG1I81.html

Lets meet Venus,Bonnie and Wayne for lunch!!!!!!!

33 Replies Related Threads

berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/09 11:13:22 (permalink)
    Tiki, I never quite got that new McDonalds theme "I'm lovin' it", because Mickey Dee's is something I just have never loved.

Tolerated at times when the kids were young and had to get that new Happy Meal toy, but never loved.

Lucky for me, both my boys have come to love good Philly Steak sandwiches, so a fast food trip for us is to Philly Steakout.
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/09 11:16:24 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

For some reason, the link that you provided isn't working.
    Jim Ross
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/09 11:34:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by rbpalmer

quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

For some reason, the link that you provided isn't working.

try this http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050309/D88NG1I81.html
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 643
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/09 13:14:27 (permalink)
    Not sure I'm lovin it any better, but there's something else sneaking
    up on us at Mickey D's--at least at my nearby Mickey's in north Naples, FL. I stopped in there for a quick fish sandwich yesterday after a doctor's appointment and, lo and behold, the entire place was done up in mahogany crown molding, mahogany wood trim, carriage lamps and plush COUCHES. Couches in a McDonalds, you ask? You bet! Place looked more like an upscale steak house or an expensive waiting room for your nip 'n tuck plastic surgeon than it did a ff restaurant. I can't say it's the beginning of a trend chainwide, but obviously somebody's doing alright, at least here in south FL. If you want to check it out when you're down this way it's located on U.S. 41 in the Park Shore Center just north of the Naples city limits, right next door to a Chili's and a Perkins restaurants. You gotta see this place to believe it! " />" />

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4615
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/09 13:31:26 (permalink)
    I heard that JACK IN THE BOX restaurants is trying the "bistro" thing at a new concept called "JB's"
    sweetgherkin
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/09 23:53:41 (permalink)
    Well, I'm a fan of the California Cobb Salad. I tried it awhile back when they were promoting those grown up happy meals. It had strips of crispy fried chicken and I was sort of scared at first because the original McNuggets are an awful memory. Anyway, this appeared to be real white meat chicken instead of that greyish spongy stuff they called chicken in the McNuggets. It was OK. A few days ago I decided to give the salad another try and this time I got it with the grilled chicken (without asking, I didn't even know there was a choice) and it was much much better, yummy in fact.

Sorry to contribute to the decline of civilization or whatever but I will go back to McDonald's every once in awhile, even for a sausage McGriddle and hash brown, or a filet of fish. And March is time for Shamrock Shakes!
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4596
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 09:07:59 (permalink)
    Well, McDonald's is very, very popular with my 3 and 2 year olds, almost entirely because of the play area. I have to admit, it's not so bad that for 5 bucks I can feed them and me, and now i can get them milk and apple slices rather than soda pop and fries with their burger or chicken nuggets, and then they can wear themselves out in the kid-sized habittrail before bedtime :-) Wife has homework (she's finishing college)...I keep them out til about 8:30 at McDonald's.

So I'm not there for the food...I'm there for the entertainment value :-)
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 09:27:24 (permalink)
    As I recall, my kids recognized the McDonald's & Burger King signs, and knew the names, almost as soon as they could talk.
    Mark in Ohio
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 181
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 09:46:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by QFan

Not sure I'm lovin it any better, but there's something else sneaking
    up on us at Mickey D's--at least at my nearby Mickey's in north Naples, FL. I stopped in there for a quick fish sandwich yesterday after a doctor's appointment and, lo and behold, the entire place was done up in mahogany crown molding, mahogany wood trim, carriage lamps and plush COUCHES. Couches in a McDonalds, you ask? You bet! Place looked more like an upscale steak house or an expensive waiting room for your nip 'n tuck plastic surgeon than it did a ff restaurant. I can't say it's the beginning of a trend chainwide, but obviously somebody's doing alright, at least here in south FL. If you want to check it out when you're down this way it's located on U.S. 41 in the Park Shore Center just north of the Naples city limits, right next door to a Chili's and a Perkins restaurants. You gotta see this place to believe it! " />" />

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    I was at the McD's in Middleton, Ohio (right on the Ohio River across from KY) last year and was surprised to see a television set in the side eating area. Half the locals in the place were sitting there watching the evening news (I didn't see a remote and it was up by the ceiling, or the channel would have been changed to something mindless). I felt like I had intruded into someone's living room on my way to the john. I guess they realized that a lot of people eat in front of the TV, even though it seemed funny to see one there. has anyone else seen TV's in their McD's?
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 10:18:37 (permalink)
    Yes, there are a few McD's in Cincinnati (Mariemont comes to mind) that include an overhead mounted TV, with tables arranged for easy viewing while eating.
    carlton pierre
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 10:53:24 (permalink)
    What'll they think of next?
    Kaczmark
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 11:15:05 (permalink)
    COME ON...COME ON....everyone hates this about MD...and everyone hates that about MD....You all know, weather you want to admit the guilt you feel or not,....when you're hungry...really hungry, there's nothin' and I mean NOTHIN' like bitin' into a nice warm BIG MAC. YOU KNOW as soon as that combination of secret sauce, dehydrated onions, dill pickle slices and lettece hits your taste buds,....YOU"RE IN HEAVEN. Follow it up with some crispy salty fries, and wash it down with an icy Coke. You may leave for a little while.....but you'll ALWAYS "COMEBACK TO MAC."
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 12:16:50 (permalink)
    I really don't like Big Macs. Really.

Now quarter pounders with cheese, the way they USED to be made and hot off an actual GRILL....that was something.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5148
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 13:13:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TJ Jackson

I really don't like Big Macs. Really.

Now quarter pounders with cheese, the way the USED to be made and hot off an actual GRILL....that was something.
    I'm in this camp as well. I like only mustard on my burgers (which pretty much rules out the Big Mac) so back in the days when McD's burgers were premade with the full complement of toppings my quarter-pounder-with-cheese-mustard-only-please was always hot. During my college years 3 QPs and 3 large fries were often my Sunday night supper...

Brad
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 13:15:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kaczmark

COME ON...COME ON....everyone hates this about MD...and everyone hates that about MD....You all know, weather you want to admit the guilt you feel or not,....when you're hungry...really hungry, there's nothin' and I mean NOTHIN' like bitin' into a nice warm BIG MAC. YOU KNOW as soon as that combination of secret sauce, dehydrated onions, dill pickle slices and lettece hits your taste buds,....YOU"RE IN HEAVEN. Follow it up with some crispy salty fries, and wash it down with an icy Coke. You may leave for a little while.....but you'll ALWAYS "COMEBACK TO MAC."

Two thin patties of over-cooked beef made from old dairy cows that are no longer producing milk? Served with a too-sweet sauce and the lettuce and pickle falling off to the side of the institutional bun? Maybe that's your idea of heaven, but if I'm going to get half (or more) of my daily allotment of fat from one sandwich, I want it to be a real burger, like the green chile cheeseburger at the Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe ( http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Photo.aspx?RefID=1385&PhotoID=3568 )and other places in New Mexico, or the hamburgers served at some of the non-fast food places in the Washington, DC area, like Hamburger Hamlet.
    carlton pierre
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 14:50:41 (permalink)
    quote:

Where do you come up witrh this stuff? I'm not disparaging anyone who wants to eat this stuff, or even the ff industry. There are starving people in the world! But get real, you don't know what you're missing. And that is sad.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 15:16:26 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Two thin patties of over-cooked beef made from old dairy cows that are no longer producing milk? Served with a too-sweet sauce and the lettuce and pickle falling off to the side of the institutional bun? Maybe that's your idea of heaven, but if I'm going to get half (or more) of my daily allotment of fat from one sandwich, I want it to be a real burger, like the green chile cheeseburger at the Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe ( http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Photo.aspx?RefID=1385&PhotoID=3568 )and other places in New Mexico, or the hamburgers served at some of the non-fast food places in the Washington, DC area, like Hamburger Hamlet.

Careful, Hamburger Hamlet's a chain!

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    carlton pierre
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 15:24:40 (permalink)
    McD's is the largest buyer of dairy cattle in the country.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 15:48:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by carlton pierre

Why is that? I know they do burgers but why dairy cattle. I did not realize that that sold that much milk or ice cream?

Thanks
    Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 16:09:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:
    Originally posted by carlton pierre

Why is that? I know they do burgers but why dairy cattle. I did not realize that that sold that much milk or ice cream?

Thanks
    Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

According to a McDonald's franchisee who is a friend of our family, the beef for their hamburgers comes from old dairy cows whose milk production has declined to the point where it is no longer economically feasible to use them for that purpose.
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 16:38:15 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

Which is fine with me. A restaurant's corporate structure doesn't matter to me nearly as much as the quality of their food, and Hamburger Hamlet (a mostly regional chain, with 8 locations in the Los Angeles, CA area and 3 in the Washington, DC area) cooks their burgers to order and uses a higher quality of beef, IMHO, than Mickey D's.
    chezkatie
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 16:40:33 (permalink)
    quote:

You sound very easy to please. Your idea of heaven is my idea of hell.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 18:51:21 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

Which is fine with me. A restaurant's corporate structure doesn't matter to me nearly as much as the quality of their food, and Hamburger Hamlet (a mostly regional chain, with 8 locations in the Los Angeles, CA area and 3 in the Washington, DC area) cooks their burgers to order and uses a higher quality of beef, IMHO, than Mickey D's.

Well said, I agree! Lived in DC area for 23 yrs before moving down to FL. Enjoyed HH on numerous occasions--usually the one on Old Georgetown Pike in Bethesda.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7905
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/10 22:40:04 (permalink)
    quote:

I haven't, I don't and I won't......
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/11 01:46:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mark in Ohio
    has anyone else seen TV's in their McD's?

I remember seeing them in two Ohio Mickey-D's restaurants in **1995**, namely in Mason (I-71 Exit 19/Fields Ertel Rd.) and in the Sandusky area.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/11 10:48:46 (permalink)
    Just found this in an AP news article:
    "In London to promote a deal between his Newman's Own range of salad dressings and fast-food giant McDonald's, Newman sat Friday in a McDonald's branch on London's busy Oxford Street, surrounded by fast-food executives and a British television crew."

To quote Artie Johnson----" wery interesting!?"
    tmiles
    • Total Posts : 2013
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/11 13:15:02 (permalink)
    McDs is looking at outsourcing the drive thru. The kid that you order from may not be in the store where you pick up the food. That way an order taker in a slow store can help a busy store during noon rush. The next step would be for the order taker to be in India.
    carlton pierre
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/11 18:47:59 (permalink)
    Pizza Hut in Cleveland, OH has a central call-in number for all the PH's. You dial one #. Store mgr told me it saves them a ton of time from having to answer phones, but the downside is that they have a lot of problems getting the correct order at times. It sounds like McD's is thinking of something similar to this for the drive thru?
    stricken_detective
    • Total Posts : 2330
    RE: Latest from McD"S 2005/03/11 20:35:43 (permalink)
    I wish they would bring back the Adult Happy Meal, but I must say I was disappointed w/the 'toy'.

They also got rid of the larger-size fruit parfait. Those puny $1ones are barely worth it. The other ones were a substantial breakfast on the go. Jerks.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1