Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS

Author
phyld
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/05/12 14:58:46 (permalink)

Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS

Does anyone remember the Lazy R burgers in Wichita? They were and still are the best burger I have ever had. I have tried to make them but cannot quite get it. Sure would love to get the seasonings in it.

6 Replies Related Threads

Sfreader
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS 2006/05/16 15:59:11 (permalink)
    Haven't tried Lazy R, but last month, I did finally try the Oasis Lounge, which was voted as having one of the 10 best hamburgers in the country by USA today, many years ago.

The burgers were very good, as were the onion rings. The fresh French fries weren't quite as good. Though the service was friendly, the bar is pretty smokey, and not particularly nice. We were hassled by a drunk while we were there. I wouldn't mind having their food again, but I hesitate to recomend them.

Keith
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 983
    RE: Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS 2006/05/19 10:26:18 (permalink)
    I have to go to Wichita for a meeting next month - where is Lazy R?
    phyld
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS 2006/06/02 15:20:55 (permalink)
    They went out of business many years ago, I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what they put in their hamburgers
    topferment
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 79
    RE: Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS 2006/06/02 16:52:44 (permalink)
    Niagra,

If you want to try a real local hamburger joint in Wichita go to Ty’s Diner, 928 W. Second St(Seneca and 2nd St). They are open for lunch only. They use only fresh ground beef cooked to order behind the bar.

Also the Oasis Lounge, 4121 W. Maple St(West and Maple) has great burgers and are open for lunch and dinner.

For something different but unique to Wichita go to NU-Way Cafe(see my review on the Kansas list) or Bierock Kitchen 2065 E Central Ave(Central Ave between Washington and Hillside).
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15244
    RE: Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS 2006/06/02 17:43:06 (permalink)
    Niagra
    Here's the text from our recent write-up of a stop for lunch on Wichita's North Side. "Posted - 05/08/2006 : 21:08:38
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2- Pittsburg KS to Dodge City KS, via Wichita. 400 miles. ...
    Unlike our first day we hit two unknowns for Lunch and Dinner today. We batted .500 in our choices. Lunch was great and Dinner was barely OK.
    In Wichita, we saw a sign for HOG WILD BBQ and recalling some comments on the web-site about it, but forgetting what was said, we headed for HOG WILD. It was closed on Mondays, but just about a block down the street was Two Brothers BBQ (3750 N Woodlawn Rd). It was just opening when we arrived. The young lady working the counter (one of the owner’s wife) told us a bit about the place and showed us the buffet and the choices available. The do their own smoking and the results are quite good. We swapped stories about the internet BBQ websites and then got down to eating. Jan really liked the smoked chicken and turkey…and the sliced beef brisket. For me it was the Pork Loin, and Pulled Pork, and the beef ‘KC Style’ Burnt Ends. They also had homemade chicken and turkey salads that may have been good on a sandwich, or when scooped onto a veggie base, but plain on a plate wasn’t ‘good’ for me. Scalloped Potatoes were a big plus but the beans were canned and tasted like canned beans!.
    Pork ribs are extra on the lunch buffet. I wanted to check the ribs so I ordered a ¼ slab as a side. When they arrived I was amazed. A BIG real pile of bones heavy with meat…for the price of a side dish ($1.50).
    If you want to see the photos from this visit go to the Thread about our Trip West on the Misc. Food-Related Forum. That stop is on Page 1 of the thread.
    Enjoy your visit to Wichita!!
    Sfreader
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: Lazy R Hamburgers in Wichita, KS 2006/06/05 14:09:42 (permalink)
    What makes Wichita's Nu-Way different from those in other cities?

Keith
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1