Led Robster

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
stanpnepa
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 577
RE: Led Robster 2006/05/01 16:01:48 (permalink)
My wife and I had a RL GC (Gift Card) and went just before Christmas. RL's by the mall, the highway, for those who like to get off the highway anywhere and visit virtually the same exit every time!!

I ordered a "seafood feast". It was what I had expected, except for some sort of stuffed shrimp that was this giant mound of "something" covered with a creamy sauce and was disgusting. I really think that some people don't care what they eat, just as long as there is a lot of it. The best seafood and fish should be lightly prepared. Rely on the flavor of the fish...a little batter or seasoning, but don't cover it with six pounds of God-knows-what. Just my 2 cents of course.
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 709
RE: Led Robster 2006/05/01 16:33:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stanpnepa

My wife and I had a RL GC (Gift Card) and went just before Christmas. RL's by the mall, the highway, for those who like to get off the highway anywhere and visit virtually the same exit every time!!

I ordered a "seafood feast". It was what I had expected, except for some sort of stuffed shrimp that was this giant mound of "something" covered with a creamy sauce and was disgusting. I really think that some people don't care what they eat, just as long as there is a lot of it. The best seafood and fish should be lightly prepared. Rely on the flavor of the fish...a little batter or seasoning, but don't cover it with six pounds of God-knows-what. Just my 2 cents of course.

As I mentioned before I like the biscuits, but I can't beleive Poeple go to RL for huge portions, the portions are only average size!
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3763
RE: Led Robster 2006/05/01 17:26:02 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

I ment having a beer with froze shrimp for $6 is NOT my idea of fun. Sorry.

Eating frozen shrimp (PERIOD) is not my idea of fun, either. All I was saying was that you could duplicate the experience at home. Fieldthistle said that "Red Lobster may not be the primo of seafood, but it offers for some of us mountain folks a taste, (don't know how good as I said I dislike seafood) a taste of the ocean." I was just offering an alternative.
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Led Robster 2006/05/05 19:02:20 (permalink)
My only experience w/ Led Lobster was many years ago when I treated my sister in law to a dinner. She picked the place. I'm sorry but I visit the NC or SC coast once a month...Leed Lobsteer might work in Kansas but not here. They do have one in Wilmington, NC within a stones throw of a place the only serves "caught that morning seafood", a testament to TV advertisement.
curried bluebonnet
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 108
RE: Led Robster 2006/05/10 00:40:43 (permalink)
stanpnepa--if you were wanting something lightly treated, the RL seafood feast was probably not the thing, you can get the fish of the day grilled with no butter or oil--very lighly treated as you suggessted. I have good memories of good times with family and friends--so the food was mediocre, OK,but i wouldn't take back those time for anything. Maybe i am not a roadfoodie, then, for wanting to remember nice times out dining. Was your horrible seafood feast worse than your experience there, just curious/ Don't mean to offend-- it was a pleasant place for me many years ago, that's all,
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1