The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Lenny's Indian Head Inn, Branford, CT

katherinecurry

• Total Posts: 39
Lenny's Indian Head Inn, Branford, CT Mon, 10/12/09 10:49 AM (permalink)
(FYI: This is also posted under the thread "Question About Lenny's in Branford, CT," being the less-than-conclusive end result of that inquiry, which was about whether or not Lenny's serves hot buttered lobster rolls.)
Alas, I may never find out if Lenny's Indian Head Inn actually serves a hot lobster roll.  We went Sunday for lunch and our party of four (two adults, two well-behaved 6 year olds) enjoyed some glacially slow and at times openly hostile service.  So ordering off the menu seemed an unwise strategy.  Even asking a question about the menu seemed foolhardy! (And needless to say, no pictures were taken.)
The natural broth chowder was delicious and intensely flavored.  The zuppa d'clams was tasty, albeit lukewarm.  We shared a fried whole belly clam roll--the plate was overflowing with light and crisp fried clams.  My daughters hotdogs were nicely grilled. 
Love the location on a salt marsh, and the interior with its wood booths and bar.  No complaints about the very good food, although I wouldn't make a special trip here for it....unlike Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale in Westbrook, where we went for dinner.  We enjoyed a fabulous meal (clam chowder, hot lobster rolls, fried clams) with fast, friendly and efficient service, despite the fact that the restaurant was full to overflowing.  We did like Lenny's Indian Head chowder a wee bit better than the always-reliable chowder at Lenny & Joe's.
http://www.lennysnow.com/
http://ljfishtale.com/

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com