Let's hear exactly what and how much of each

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
2011/07/17 17:15:30 (permalink)

Let's hear exactly what and how much of each

On your Breakfast plate. Me, 3 fried eggs basted in butter or bacon grease, 6 slices CRISPY bacon, hash browns, crunchy on both sides creamy center, crispy corned beef hash, say 3 ozs. 2 Burger sausages, an english muffin, toasted semi crunchy, with Irish butter, coffee, oj. May I take your order?

30 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10356
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/17 18:20:14 (permalink)
    1. Made from scratch Corned Beef Hash topped with 2 Runny Yolk Poached Eggs, from scratch Home Fries, Home-made Biscuits and Real Butter.
    2. The Waffle House All American with Eggs over easy, Sausage, Grits and either Raisin Toast or a Biscuit. (Eggs on top of the Waffle)!
    Holly Moore
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 313
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/17 19:19:09 (permalink)
    Two eggs over easy, a slab of real country ham, grits, red eye, biscuits, butter and peach preserves.  RIP Skinheads http://www.hollyeats.com/Skinheads.htm
    ces1948
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1512
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/17 19:33:13 (permalink)
    Biscuits and gravy with a side order of patty sausage. Coffee and sometimes oj.
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3751
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/17 19:41:18 (permalink)

a large serving of HOMEMADE corn beef hash, 2 lightly poached eggs, buttered rye toast with either marmalade or apple butter on the side; a few good home fries too.

ynotryme
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/17 20:56:29 (permalink)
    omelette with ham, onions, peppers and cheese. 4 slices of toast with butter and mixed berry jelly. large OJ and 2 to 3 cups of coffee with sugar and cream. 
    californyguy
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 513
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/17 21:35:18 (permalink)
    While there are so many possibilities, my no thinking ,old reliable would be 2 egss sunny side up, some good hash browns, sour dough toast and a couple of tasty sausage links- could think of more but thats whjat first comes to mind esp if i want a lighter breakfast haha 
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8657
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 07:56:01 (permalink)
    Nothing like good sourdough in California!! Wish we had it here!
    SeamusD
    • Total Posts : 1037
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 11:29:35 (permalink)
    2 big buttermilk pancakes, healthy portion of corned or roast beef hash, home fries with onion and green pepper, 4 slices of bacon, 4 sausages, 4 pieces of buttered rye toast. Hot sauce for the hash, ketchup for the home fries. That's my "good mood food".
    chefbuba
    • Total Posts : 2043
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 11:36:28 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

On your Breakfast plate. Me, 3 fried eggs basted in butter or bacon grease, 6 slices CRISPY bacon, hash browns, crunchy on both sides creamy center, crispy corned beef hash, say 3 ozs. 2 Burger sausages, an english muffin, toasted semi crunchy, with Irish butter, coffee, oj. May I take your order?

Can I get you a Lipitor with that?
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5213
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 12:40:20 (permalink)
    A Super Char-burger with bacon and cheese from the departed D's Diggity Dogs on the corner of Butterfield and Midwest Roads in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.  Years ago my morning commute would take me past D's and while they did serve traditional breakfast foods they were always happy to crank out a burger if I stopped in.

Brad
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4565
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 13:59:39 (permalink)
    Hands down, #1 breakfast for me.....

"The famous "Fat Bastard Omelette": sausage, meatballs, onions, hot peppers, cheese, and a nice spoonful of homemade sauce with some cheese sprinkled on top. It also comes with a side of sausage Parmesan and Italian toast." 

My #2.......

Homemade Hash with two over medium on top...and whatever other kind of filler is thrown on my plate.

Pigiron
    • Total Posts : 1384
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 14:55:27 (permalink)
    How often do you guys eat like that?  Are these your normal breakfasts, or your "dream" breakfasts that you partake in once in a while?  I love giant breakfasts as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't eat like that more than a few times a year. 
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 16:10:37 (permalink)
    I don't eat breakfast (save your nasty comments for someone else), but I do eat breakfast-type foods for other meals.  But as Pigiron remarked, even though I might eat a couple of these combinations at a single meal, I would never eat all of these at one time.  I love 3 or 4 scrambled eggs lightly browned. (You eat your eggs your way, I'll eat my eggs my way.)  Old-fashioned biscuits with lots of cream gravy I also enjoy, usually 4 biscuits at a time.   I also love a  pancake stack with strawberry, blueberry or grade AA Vermont pure maple syrup (the color of honey), sometimes with 2 or 3 sausage patties.  I make French toast, usually 5 to 6 slices at a time, with 2 sets of two slices each which have 2 slices of process American cheese and sometimes a slice or two of thin-sliced ham put between the cheese in each set as soon as they come out of the skillet (to melt the cheese), and the rest with blueberry, strawberry or peach preserves on them. 
    SeamusD
    • Total Posts : 1037
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/18 16:37:05 (permalink)
    I'll eat a breakfast like that maybe 5 or 6 times a year, and even half of those times it's at a diner on a Sunday evening. Never anything that involved in the morning unless I have the day off and can relax afterward while waiting for lunch to get there.
    tkitna
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 634
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/19 05:48:56 (permalink)
    Two blueberry pancakes with homefries and all the bacon one can spare. Chocolate milk as my drink.
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/19 08:12:56 (permalink)
    Pigiron,  My everyday breakfast is coffee and a hand full of almonds.  I probably eat a big breakfast once, maybe twice a month.  Except for the Fat Bastard, Tony's will let me order one for lunch without too much bitchin

Even when traveling, I usually pass on the free hotel breakfast.  If I am inclined to have breakfast that day, I will seek out the local RF place and kill it.  

Also, eggs and hot peppers are a match made in heaven

6star, That's a lot of parenthesis in your post.  Do you think someone would actually try to tell you your personal preferences are incorrect?" /> 
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/19 11:12:33 (permalink)
    joerogo 

6star, That's a lot of parenthesis in your post.  Do you think someone would actually try to tell you your personal preferences are incorrect?" /> 

I see it all the time.  Right now we have a whole thread devoted to calling some people's personal preferences incorrect: "Do you HAVE to have beans in your chili?"  Also, we have all the people who disparage others who can't stand a burnt pizza crust (and would send it back, as I have done), or who like a lot more than just tomato sauce and mozzarella on their pizza.  I love to come on Roadfood and enter in the discussions, and I do it daily, but there are many threads I avoid totally because I know there are a lot of people who will "attack" me when I don't agree with what they think is the only "proper" way to enjoy that particular food. 

I debated a long time before posting on this particular thread, since my breakfast "habits" have been different from those of most people for quite a few years.  For starters, I can't stand coffee, and find it very bitter.  My drink of choice is Pepsi, and a few "shots" of Pepsi is my normal breakfast.  All the "healthy eaters" will now say in unison, "Oh you must eat a well-balanced breakfast to get thru the day."  That is my reason for the first set of parentheses.  The second set is because any time anyone says on Roadfood that they like scrambled eggs any way other than "fluffy" or barely cooked they are immediately attacked as if they are the village idiot.  I have been eating mine lightly browned probably for more years than many of you have been alive, and I happen to like them that way.  I generally like all my proteins well cooked, so I don't "do" beef tartar or sushi either.  And I don't try to tell you to what degree of "doneness" you should cook your food!

Explanation over.  You may now return to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
    mbrookes
    • Total Posts : 1355
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/19 15:27:27 (permalink)
    Unfortunately, my breakfast is generally a cup of fat free yogurt and a cup of coffee.  My preference (given no food allergies and no doctor's orders): Two crab cakes topped with soft poached eggs and hollandaise sauce; fresh seasonal fruit; freshly made croissants with real butter and orange marmalade; a spicy bloody mary and lots of chicory coffee with whole cream.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/19 17:15:48 (permalink)
    joerogo

Hands down, #1 breakfast for me.....

"The famous "Fat Bastard Omelette": sausage, meatballs, onions, hot peppers, cheese, and a nice spoonful of homemade sauce with some cheese sprinkled on top. It also comes with a side of sausage Parmesan and Italian toast." 

My #2.......

Homemade Hash with two over medium on top...and whatever other kind of filler is thrown on my plate.

Joe, WOW, on both counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/19 17:17:39 (permalink)
    Pigiron

How often do you guys eat like that?  Are these your normal breakfasts, or your "dream" breakfasts that you partake in once in a while?  I love giant breakfasts as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't eat like that more than a few times a year. 

Dream, and once in a while!

MellowRoast
    • Total Posts : 2009
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/20 08:25:04 (permalink)
    Three eggs over medium (or soft-scrambled), 2 biscuits & gravy, red potato home fries, 3 pieces of Southern fried chicken (breast, leg, wing), and several cups of freshly-ground Dunkin' Donuts coffee.  
    post edited by MellowRoast - 2011/07/21 07:34:34
    rebeltruce
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 702
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/21 07:19:18 (permalink)
    Two eggs, sunny side up and runny.
    Two or three slices of Scrapple, sliced thick, fried so it's very crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. I like Ketchup on mine..... 
    Hash browns, very crsipy smothered in good Sausage Gravy.
    Wheat toast, buttered.
    Coffee, cream and Splenda.....two or three cups.
    A big glass of ice water.  
    harleytexas
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/21 07:28:56 (permalink)
    Back home in Canada, at least two back bacon sandwiches, and there or here in the states, half a pound of bacon on white bread with tomatoes, salt and pepper. When we go out or I pick up breakfast, it is the papas ranchero from the Mexican place close to my house that is made with jalapenos, onions, potatoes, green peppers, comes with a strip of bacon, refried beans and I get a side of chorizo with it.
    claracamille
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 434
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/24 13:42:40 (permalink)
    Out a a restaurant- coffee-cream& sugar, small glass of fresh squeezed OJ., then 2 or 3 blueberry pancakes,real butter, syrup, link sausages, glass of cold milk, then another cup of coffee.  If I go to Bob Evans, fried mush, butter,syrup,sausgae links.coffee, milk.
    At my mom's(89 years old!), coffee on the porch, the OJ, her homemade scrapple or her buttermilk pancakes, sausage, cold milk, another cup of coffee on the porch.  My son,daughter-in-law, 9 month grandaughter & I went to WV last week to visit.  On Friday morning, my mom got up & made her famous blueberry muffiins- the best I've ever had.  She also had made vegetable soup for my son, an apple pie & chocolate zuchini cake with brown sugar frosting. Everything so delicious,of course, she always says I just don't bake or cook as well as I used to!!
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/07/24 17:34:53 (permalink)
    claracamille

Out a a restaurant- coffee-cream& sugar, small glass of fresh squeezed OJ., then 2 or 3 blueberry pancakes,real butter, syrup, link sausages, glass of cold milk, then another cup of coffee.  If I go to Bob Evans, fried mush, butter,syrup,sausgae links.coffee, milk.
    At my mom's(89 years old!), coffee on the porch, the OJ, her homemade scrapple or her buttermilk pancakes, sausage, cold milk, another cup of coffee on the porch.  My son,daughter-in-law, 9 month grandaughter & I went to WV last week to visit.  On Friday morning, my mom got up & made her famous blueberry muffiins- the best I've ever had.  She also had made vegetable soup for my son, an apple pie & chocolate zuchini cake with brown sugar frosting. Everything so delicious,of course, she always says I just don't bake or cook as well as I used to!!

You mean, 89 years young
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6524
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/08/21 22:03:45 (permalink)
    3 eggs over easy, corned beef hash, 2 or 3 spicy sausage patties, buttered grits, wheat toast and a side of belgian waffle with butter and syrup.

Earl Grey hot tea
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8318
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/08/21 22:29:49 (permalink)
    I was on I40 traveling back from Texas when this thread was born and seemed to have missed it.

I love a waffle with two eggs over so the whites are entirely cooked and the yolk is runny.  Basted sometimes helps if they know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise it's those same (not literally) two eggs along side a biscuit with milk gravy.  I really don't like sausage bits in my gravy if possible.

Not crazy about breakfast sausage anymore and shouldn't eat bacon but will if it's served to me... and it's crisp.
    dimmie2
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/08/21 23:14:46 (permalink)
    scrambled eggs, milk gravy, hot buttery biscuits and a slice of ham.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8657
    Re:Let's hear exactly what and how much of each 2011/08/22 00:30:17 (permalink)
    Region dictates what I eat.Always eggs over easy, but in the south, always bicuits and gravy, in addition to the eggs and toast. Also, a good biscuit and country ham is a must.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1