Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2397
2007/04/12 15:42:29 (permalink)

Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse

I know Little Debbie cakes don't rank very high with a lot of folks here, but there are some fans. I was in a Wegman's in Syracuse this past weekend and found tons of them (although the Star Crunch still seems to elude me. We'll meet again one day Star Crunch, yes, we'll meet again!)
Anyway, here's some pics if anyone is looking for a particular line from the Debster. They had most of them, I think.

10 Replies Related Threads

Yankeesfan
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/13 18:23:21 (permalink)
    That is a major display! Many more varieties than my store here in Northern VA. I liked the "Easter Puffs" (bottom of the display),which were new here this year, much better than the old "Easter Basket Cakes."
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13481
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/14 04:24:22 (permalink)
    I hae always been a fan of Little Debbie. I believe they are a Seventh Day Adventis company out of Collegedale, TN which is not far from Chattanooga.

I guess my favorite has always been they honey buns and oatmeal cakes. Both are mega sweet but good with coffee.

They also do seasonal baked goods.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    HollyDolly
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1069
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/16 17:07:00 (permalink)
    We have Little Debbie's here at H.E.B.,Walmart and other places.I don't think their stuff is bad.It's pretty tasty to me.Think I have seen the star crunch around here.Next time i go to the store I'll double check for you
    billyboy.Will let you know if I find any.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/16 17:22:24 (permalink)
    that's definately the largest selection of Little Debbie snacks I've ever seen.
    I can't remember the last time I had a snow puff! The oatmeal creme pies used to be a favorite of mine at one point. A co-teacher of mine used to like the donut sticks - I liked Freihoffer's donuts better, though.
    jparis
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/17 16:31:06 (permalink)
    Oooo, we don't have Caramel Cookie Bars or Peanut Butter Crunch Bars here any more :-( Those were my favorite growing up!
    Eric B
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 103
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/17 16:49:06 (permalink)
    Was it that you weren't expecting to see then in Syracuse? I saw them in Buffalo, when passing through 3 years ago. Only that and Hostess (and maybe some Mrs. Freshley somewhere, but I had been passing through so many places that trip; I forget).

I had always wondered what western NY State had (beyond wherever Drake's ends, and they don't even seem to be that common in Albany. I see the beginning of the Hostess area in the picture. Does Drake's go out even that far?). But it seems Little Debbie is everywhere now. Only 23 years ago, I only discovered them when going down south to college (one replacement for Drake's). The next year, they were in NYC, and suddenly, coming out of nowhere, spread to all the bodegas like wildfire.

I see in that picture they still have the strawberry cakes. Haven't seen those in a while, as no one else really has anything like that.

I don't think it would be Seventh Day Adventist, as they are very much into health foods, and this would be considered "junk' food. (they do not sell them in their stores, but have all the soy imitation meat products, etc.) What is beneficial for them is that they are one of the only national snack cake company to have all vegetable shortening (which would be evidence of them being run by kosher diet people).
    naxet76
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 351
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/17 22:55:18 (permalink)
    I LOVE the Nutty Bars! My husband goes for the Zebra Cakes. But Little Debbie and Hostess and especially Mrs. Bairds are BIG here in South Texas. I've never hear of Tastykake or Drakes. Oh and we also have Bluebird snacks which I'm not too fond of.
    Eric B
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 103
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/17 23:14:06 (permalink)
    I remember Mrs. Baird's and Colonial Break from Lackland AFB. Mrs. Baird is now owned by the company that makes "Marinelas" snack cakes that I see here in NY bodegas, as well as Bimbo products.

Bluebird is Flowers. Tastykake and Drake's are primarily northeast. Such a shame they are so unheard of elsewhere. Do they still have Break's (by Earth Grain bakeries) down there?
    naxet76
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 351
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/17 23:19:02 (permalink)
    I've never heard of Colonial Break. when we were you at Lackland, by the way?
    stanpnepa
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: Little Debbie spotted in Syracuse 2007/04/17 23:30:37 (permalink)
    I've seen some, but not all of these in PA. We are in TastyKake country. I'm more of a bakery person, but could probably down half a box of those Oatmeal Creme Pies in one sitting.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1